PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Norway

Margrete
November 20th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Hi everyone

My name is Margrete and I'm from Norway. I found this forum from Keri Arthur's webpage. I love to read but I don't drink any coffee :biggrin:
I'm a student and studying nautics/naval science. I read almost anything but at the moment I'm mostly reading paranormals or fantasy books

Karenne
November 20th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Hi Margrete!

Well you will have tons of people to talk to if you like Keri's books! Feel free to look around and stay a while! We are open 24/7 so that should work in Norway! WOW!

Welcome to our forum family!

Shelley Munro
November 20th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Hi Margrete,

Welcome! Norway is a place I've always wanted to visit. Maybe I'll get there one day.
Keri's books are great, aren't they? I'm a big Riley fan.

Shelley

Margrete
November 20th, 2007, 05:51 PM
thanks Karenne and Shelley.

Norway is great and with many similarities to NZ. I ended up spending a year in Dunedin as an exchange student 5 years ago. I loved it, great country, one of the best things I remember was a 2 week bus trip around the North Island and a sailing trip near Steward Island.
Yes, agree Keri's books are great, I'm a big Riley fan as well but I'm disliking Quinn alot at the moment. I'm looking forward to book 6 coming next year
BTW Shelley I loved your Summer in the City of Sails book

CharmedGirl
November 20th, 2007, 07:49 PM
:welcome: Margrete

Great to have you here at CTR. There are many of us here who love Keri's books so come join us in Keri's section.

Have fun posting! :)

Dani
November 21st, 2007, 01:14 AM
Hiya Margrete! Glad you found the forums and hope you have a great time posting with us. Cheerleader

I have to agree that Keri's books are the best. Stop by and check out all the threads in her forum. We seem to get off topic a bit here and there, but we come back around. Feel free to jump in and start a discussion of your own. :)

Margrete
November 21st, 2007, 04:41 AM
Hi CharmedGirl and IrishWolf :)

Will join in when I learn my way arround the forum, but won't be much active untill I'm finished with my french and electronics exams next week though.

Shelley Munro
November 21st, 2007, 03:15 PM
Thanks, Margrete! I'm so glad you enjoyed Summer's story. Did you do the train trip through the Tairei Gorge to Middlemarch while you were in Dunedin? The reason I ask is that my Middlemarch Mates series, starting with Scarlet Woman, is set there. I haven't done the train trip myself but I've visited Middlemarch.

Good luck with your exams.

Shelley

Margrete
November 21st, 2007, 04:12 PM
Thanks, Margrete! I'm so glad you enjoyed Summer's story. Did you do the train trip through the Tairei Gorge to Middlemarch while you were in Dunedin? The reason I ask is that my Middlemarch Mates series, starting with Scarlet Woman, is set there. I haven't done the train trip myself but I've visited Middlemarch.

No, I didn't do the train trip :( , but I've been to Middlemarch, beautiful scenery. I've checked out the Middlemarch Mates books and I'm looking forward to reading them.

Good luck with your exams.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
November 22nd, 2007, 04:05 PM
My nephew did the train trip and said it was really spectacular. Maybe one day! I hope you enjoy the Middlemarch books. I've just sold the 4th book in the series, which I'm really excited about.

Shelley :-)

Regina
November 23rd, 2007, 01:01 AM
Welcome Margrete!

You'll love it here! Not all of us drink coffee, I've been known to do decaf once in a great while but my favorite winter hot drink is hot chocolate. LOL

I have Keri Arthur on my TBR list, everyone keeps raving about her, and so I know I have to read her.

Regina

Linda L Lattimer
November 26th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Hello Margrete and welcome. I can only imagine how beautiful Norway is to actually see. I know I would love to pay it a visit. I don't think coffee either but the family here is great and growing and it is a fun place to communicate :)

Hugs Linda

Margrete
December 3rd, 2007, 10:43 AM
Hi Regina and Linda :)

Here are some photos for you Linda so you don't have to imagine it. They are from the island in Lofoten where I grew up. I like showing it off, it's so beautiful when the weather is nice :tt2:

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff200/Gyrid/midtnattsola.jpg
the midnight sun

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff200/Gyrid/IMG_0112.jpg

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff200/Gyrid/IMG_0116.jpg

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff200/Gyrid/IMG_0115.jpg

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff200/Gyrid/steinfjordn.jpg
taken from the mountain top in the left end in the picture above this one

Dani
December 5th, 2007, 12:45 AM
WOW!! Those pictures are very beautiful! I love the view, it is absolutely stunning. :wub:

Linda L Lattimer
December 7th, 2007, 09:16 PM
I agree the pics are breathtaking, I especially love the last one. Thanks so much for sharing these. Now it makes me really want to go visit, but this is the closest I know I will get to it, again super thanks

Linda