PDA

View Full Version : Excerpt: The Bottom Line

Shelley Munro
February 11th, 2014, 05:56 AM
Here's an excerpt from the first book in my Love and Friendship series.

The Bottom Line by Shelley Munro

BLURB:

Spicing up her sex life sounds exciting…until the fantasy hits the fan.

When Maggie Drummond buys an erotic romance novel by mistake, she gets more than an unexpected eyeful. She gets an introduction to a world that arouses her to a fever pitch: Spanking.

Her boyfriend isn’t interested in pushing his vanilla-flavored sexual boundaries. Then there’s Connor Grey, who haunts her fantasies like a magical genie. As a source of masculine advice for her and her female friends, he’s off limits. The only safe place to explore her fetish is her anonymous blog.

The recent changes in Maggie don’t escape Connor’s notice. Now that her boyfriend has dropped her, he can finally—carefully—make his move. Given his family history, laying a hand on any woman, even in fun, is a line he’s reluctant to cross. But for Maggie? Anything the lady wants.

As Maggie gives in to the temptation to let Connor add some sin to her life, she finds herself juggling lies, half-truths, friendship and sensual delights. Her job is in jeopardy—and she’s falling in love. Exploring her fantasy is one thing, but she’s beginning to question if indulging her own pleasure is worth the cost to everyone around her. Especially Connor…

Warning: Contains explicit sex, spanking, and the good, the bad and the ugly about friendship.

EXCERPT:

Dear Kinky Lover,

What do you mean about common interests?

You’re right. I need a man who engages my interest outside of the bedroom and enjoys the same things I do. I like walking on the beach, watching rugby (I’m a New Zealander, so a love of rugby goes with the territory, right?), cooking and reading.

For a lover, I want a man who will dominate me, show me his love and understanding by taking control and becoming responsible for my pleasure. Don’t get me wrong. I don’t want a bully. I don’t want a man who will traumatize me, although I’m not averse to a little pain. You can’t have spanking without some soreness. I want to feel the sweet tingle after my lover spanks me, and savor the sting when I take a seat and eat at my favorite restaurant. I want to see the rosy blush on my ass when I glance in the mirror. I want that as much as I desire a kiss and the soft stroke of my lover’s fingers across my face.

I’m smiling now, since this is probably more than you wanted to know about me. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Big Bad Ass

Connor couldn’t restrain his smile of victory. Despite his exhaustion, he felt the urge to jump to his feet and boogie. He controlled himself, not wanting to attract attention from his two flatmates.

So Maggie was spreading her wings. About time. Exhilaration pulsed through him, making him feel as if he could leap tall buildings without breaking stride.

He scanned her email again, his smile widening. He needed a plan. He’d have to move slowly, take things easy so he didn’t frighten her away.

Spanking.

Damn, that was different. Reaction arced through his body, heading straight to his cock. He gripped the arms of the office chair, breathing carefully. Even so, each breath emerged in a harsh gasp, as if he’d indulged in strenuous exercise.

He couldn’t say if the idea of spanking or thinking about having sex with Maggie spiked his arousal. After his childhood experiences and his parents’ subsequent divorce, the idea of striking a woman seemed plain wrong. Maggie. It had to be Maggie.

Lucky for him, he’d given in to his impulse and dragged her to the gym. It was a starting point, a way to keep close contact with her outside of work. Rugby was another way of seeing her on a regular basis. The rest of his plan would come later. The last thing he wanted was to scare her into the arms of another man.

He’d always liked Maggie, enjoyed her shy sense of humor. He couldn’t wait to run his hands through her long, dark brown hair and see it loose, spread across his pillow, her golden brown eyes twinkling up at him. Her curvy figure haunted his dreams. She looked hot and sexy in her exercise gear. He’d noticed other guys at the gym checking her out, which hadn’t pleased him. Yeah, time to make his move, and for once the timing worked fine because he was between girlfriends.

The spanking part he’d deal with later.

http://www.shelleymunro.com (http://www.shelleymunro.com/)
http://store.samhainpublishing.com/bottom-line-p-5461.html
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003BGUO92