PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations?

Shelley Munro
November 22nd, 2007, 04:09 PM
I enjoy reading m/m. I've recently read Ally Blue's ghost hunter series that starts with Oleander House. At the moment I'm reading With Caution by JL Langley.

Does anyone have recommendations for my next read?

Shelley

Karenne
November 22nd, 2007, 09:26 PM
Well Alex just made his group home with us here:

http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=391

You could check that out!

:flowers:

Regina
November 23rd, 2007, 01:47 AM
Hi Shelley,

I just got done with With Caution, man I love JL Langely, she writes some of the best m/m romance out there! Have you read any of Kate Steele's Maleri series? She is another excellent m/m romance author. She was the first author in this genre I had ever read, and her books are just stellar. Bond of the Maleri: Mate Hunt is the first one, and there are 4 more. They're all with Changeling Press.

Hope that helps!
Regina

Shelley Munro
November 24th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Thanks, Karenne. I'll check out Alex's group home. I see his first book is due to release soon.

Regina - I've read some of Kate's books but not that particular series. Thanks for the hint. I'll check it out.

Shelley

Dani
November 24th, 2007, 10:55 PM
I read one of J.M. Snyder's m/m stories in the Aspen Mountain Press Christmas anthology Babes in Toyland (book 1...book 2 comes out soon). It was pretty good and I would read more if I had the chance (I have a huge TBR pile right now, so I can't).

Shelley Munro
November 25th, 2007, 03:44 PM
I'm sure I've read some of J.M. Snyder's stories before but not that one. Thanks for the suggestion!

Shelley

hollie
November 25th, 2007, 04:06 PM
xmasreindeer I've never read m/m books but Alex has got me interested in his so i will try it as it comes out the day after my birthday i think

Josh Lanyon
February 13th, 2009, 09:29 AM
KA Mitchell does a nice job with contemporary m/m romance.

JL Langley does space opera like nobody else. Really gets the romantic dynamic.

Ginn Hale (only in print, mind you) writes fantasy with a deft and lyrical hand -- and two of her writing pals, Astrid Amara and Nikki Kimberling, are always on my Must Read list.

PA Brown does a nice job with mystery -- as does AM Riley

ZA Maxwell has a light, comic touch -- as does LB Gregg

Jordan Price Castillo does horror and crime fic really well -- in fact, we're partnering up for a series of themed novellas

No one -- absolutely no one -- writes sex scenes like Laura Baumbach

Alex Beecroft, Erastes, and Lee Rowan for historical (although there are many fine m/m historical writers, now that I think of it)

There are lots more, but these come immediately to mind -- and of course there is a list of classic novels I could give you, but that's plenty to get started with!

sabby07
February 13th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Coffee Time Romance is having a GLBT live chat Tuesday Feb 17 I bet you will find some great reads in there! It will be a fun chat-

Josh Lanyon
February 13th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Coffee Time Romance is having a GLBT live chat Tuesday Feb 17 I bet you will find some great reads in there! It will be a fun chat-

I'll have to keep an eye out for that one.