PDA

View Full Version : My first book has a release date!

alexbeecroft
November 22nd, 2007, 06:46 PM
Woo hoo! 'Captain's Surrender' - a m/m historical romance set in the Age of Sail - has a release date. It will be out on the First of January. Only a month and a bit until I hold my very first published book in my hand! I can't wait!

hollie
November 22nd, 2007, 06:58 PM
DiscoDancingCarrotscongratulations Twirling
and my favorite question is going to be published in the uk?

Karenne
November 22nd, 2007, 08:26 PM
Wonderful! Who is publishing it?

I am so happy to see you have a group home here! Welcome to the forum family Alex!HugMe

alexbeecroft
November 23rd, 2007, 03:29 AM
DiscoDancingCarrotscongratulations Twirling
and my favorite question is going to be published in the uk?
I don't think it is, I'm afraid. It's a nuisance for me too :) as I'm in the UK myself. But they will be available on Amazon.com and through Linden Bay's website here:

http://www.lindenbayromance.com/index.php

And I think I might also buy in a small stock and sell them through my website here:
http://www.alexbeecroft.com/Adventure_and_Romance.shtml

to minimise the whole postage and packing thing (not to mention time delay) of buying from America.

And did I mention *squee!* I'm so pleased you're interested :) Thank you!

alexbeecroft
November 23rd, 2007, 03:41 AM
Wonderful! Who is publishing it?

I am so happy to see you have a group home here! Welcome to the forum family Alex!HugMe
It's being published by Linden Bay Romance

http://www.lindenbayromance.com/index.php

I'm their newest author, taken on as a result of winning their yearly 'Starlight Writing Competition.' They found they were so overwhelmed with submissions of new novels that they decided to just take on one new writer a year, based on an annual competition for entrants all around the world. And 'Captain's Surrender' won it for me :D

Hee! I'm really glad to be here. I've been running around like a headless chicken, not knowing what to do to prepare for the release. It's just wonderful to come here and find everything made so easy and all in the one place.

*Hugs you*. It's a great idea!

hollie
November 23rd, 2007, 03:14 PM
I don't think it is, I'm afraid. It's a nuisance for me too :) as I'm in the UK myself.

:english: cool i'm not alone anymore i got a friend HugMe

alexbeecroft
November 23rd, 2007, 04:11 PM
:english: cool i'm not alone anymore i got a friend HugMe
LOL! Absolutely :) We Brits must band together to defend our wierd spelling and lack of easy access to romance! (Incidentally, do any of your local bookshops have a romance section at all? Mine don't.)

*g* I love that smilie!

hollie
November 23rd, 2007, 06:57 PM
:english: Don't be daft! what part of UK you in?

alexbeecroft
November 23rd, 2007, 07:06 PM
I'm in Cambridgeshire. But now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever noticed a romance section in a bookshop, and I've moved about the country quite a bit. It just only really came home to me when I was thinking 'can I ask this shop to take some flyers of my book?'

Plenty of shops have manga sections these days, but romance still seems to be too shameful for them!

hollie
November 23rd, 2007, 07:15 PM
Boarders in York have a mills and Boon type bit but thats about all around here other than the odd self in a shop

Dani
November 23rd, 2007, 10:06 PM
Woo hoo! 'Captain's Surrender' - a m/m historical romance set in the Age of Sail - has a release date. It will be out on the First of January. Only a month and a bit until I hold my very first published book in my hand! I can't wait!
Congrats on the book release date. I saw the cover on another thread and it looks great.:biggrin:

Susan Kelley
November 23rd, 2007, 11:43 PM
Good Luck, Alex. I had no idea it was so difficult to find romance in bookstores in the UK.

alexbeecroft
November 24th, 2007, 08:00 AM
Boarders in York have a mills and Boon type bit but thats about all around here other than the odd self in a shop
Yes, I imagine the really big city bookshops might have something. LOL! When I asked my local bookshop whether they had a GBLT section they said 'well we have got the mammoth book of Gay poetry'. Which didn't really inspire me to ask them to do a booksigning!

alexbeecroft
November 24th, 2007, 08:24 AM
Congrats on the book release date. I saw the cover on another thread and it looks great.:biggrin:
Hurray! And thank you! Also thanks that you like the cover! In the light of that discussion, it means a lot :)

alexbeecroft
November 24th, 2007, 08:28 AM
Good Luck, Alex. I had no idea it was so difficult to find romance in bookstores in the UK.
Yes, it's amazing that for a genre that is so lively and sells so well, they don't seem to have a section for it anywhere. The fellow I spoke to in one shop said 'well, it's mixed in with everything else', but it *isn't*, though select authors like Diana Gabaldon might be there. I didn't even know that m/m romance existed at all before stumbling over it on Live Journal late last year! LOL! Even Amazon.uk don't do it!

Shelley Munro
November 24th, 2007, 03:16 PM
That's great, Alex. Congratulations.

Shelley

alexbeecroft
November 24th, 2007, 03:35 PM
That's great, Alex. Congratulations.

Shelley
Hee! Thanks, Shelley! I'm ridiculously excited and can't wait :)