PDA

View Full Version : Recovering From Turkey Coma

EGParsons
November 23rd, 2007, 10:08 AM
<TABLE class=blue_border style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="80%"><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>I love Thanksgiving. I look forward to it probably more than any other holiday. Having my family gather round--eating, talking, laughing. This year I was blessed with having two. My oldest son came in on Monday and wasn't going to be able to get back for Thanksgiving, so we had Thanksgiving dinner on Monday with plans to go to my brother's house on Thanksgiving day.

You know what they say about the 'best laid plans'? My brother's house burned several months ago and he's been trying to get into his new one. He believed he'd be in by Thanksgiving and the family was going to gather there. It didn't happen and he asked if I'd have it at my house. Of course I said yes. http://x.myspace.com/images/blog/smileys/crappy.gifSomebody slap me! I didn't mind cooking another large meal...it was the eating of that meal. Come Monday it will serious dieting time--at least for a couple of weeks until the round of Christmas eating begins. Something to look forward to. http://x.myspace.com/images/blog/smileys/complacent.gif

Regardless of the turkey coma, I'm trying to recover from--it was a truly wonderful Thanksgiving and I wouldn't have changed a thing. We had a chance to watch the older black and white version of "Miracle On 34th Street", one of my favorite Christmas movies. That put me in the mood for Christmas, so today it's out of the attic with the Christmas decorations. Fa La La La--La La La!http://x.myspace.com/images/blog/smileys/artistic.gif I can't wait. Have a great day everyone.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Karenne
November 23rd, 2007, 02:37 PM
xmasrofl Thanks for the chuckle. You poor thing, but you are awesome! 2 Thanksgiving meals in one week? Sheesh I am tired from just one!xmastreelights

Dani
November 23rd, 2007, 10:20 PM
I didn't have two Thanksgivings, but we had enough food for two, so I know how you feel. Weight Watchers here I come for the next month. :roflmao:

Linda L Lattimer
November 26th, 2007, 05:55 PM
I didn't have two either, but did have two fried turkeys and one slowed cooked one, and divided it between the girls to all take home and share. It was a good time for us together as a family, our first since Bob's passing, but it was good to get together and share memories and make new ones

hugs Linda

glad everyone had a good time with their holiday, and I love that movie, I like to try to find all the Christmas movies and watch for the month of December

Now I need to decorate my tree

EGParsons
November 27th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Linda, I do that every year. It really keeps the Christmas spirit going to watch all those Christmas movies. xmastreeplugin

JudyThomas
December 4th, 2007, 08:37 AM
We went to our middle daughter's for Thanksgiving this year... she's just gotten married and was cooking her first Thanksgiving dinner for the in-laws. I think she wanted Mom and Dad there for emotional support as well as kitchen help. She did a wonderful job, and I was very proud of her. We may make that our new tradition...even though a ten hour drive is not something we look forward to. Maybe one day I'll get rich on my writing and be able to buy a jet to take us all places ;-)

EGParsons
December 4th, 2007, 09:08 AM
xmashoho I like that. Just hop on your private jet and go where ever you like at a moments notice. Might even free up more time for writing the next best seller.