PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the title to a Sci-Fi Book

Karenne
November 25th, 2007, 01:27 AM
Okay I have one for you. I read a book years ago about a lady who goes to a cabin (her brother's cabin) to rest and recover (I think) and a stange lady comes and gives her a necklace or she finds a necklace on the patio table.

Anyway, she starts dreaming of another world and then while she is sleeping some women are chanting (in the other world) and bring her into their world through a fire ring. They tell her that she has powers that are needed because all of the women who had them were all killed.

Anyway, she meets the head guy..yummy dark and edgy. His wife (who he thought was his soul mate) died and he hasn't felt like living.

Anyway they have to fight the bad guy and they win and the guy returns her back to her own world because he thinks she doesn't want to be there anymore, but of course..she does.

Ideas?:xmas_emot:

Dani
January 7th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Have you found out anything on the book you're looking for Karenne? I haven't seen anything, but if I do I'll let you know.

Karenne
January 8th, 2008, 11:56 AM
No! And I am starting to remember the cover also. I can remember that it is one of the older covers ...like late 80s early 90s maybe. It was the kind of covers that looked like they were painted on but not.

I think it had something to do with crystals.

(beats head on desk in frustration)

Dani
January 8th, 2008, 11:20 PM
*hands Karenne a big extra caffinated coffee, some chocolate and a bottle of asprine* You're gonna need that since you're banging your head on the desk.

I know the type of cover you're talking about. Some of the covers I've seen for certain authors are going back to that look it seems.

Karenne
January 10th, 2008, 04:46 PM
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/c1/12/580b224128a0306970a71010._AA240_.L.jpgBouncy Icon Smilie

He came to her in visions -- a golden-eyed warrior astride a charging black stallion. Yet Susan didn't dare hope her fantasies would come true -- until she was drawn to a faraway world full of danger and desire.

He was Jared, son of light, leader of his clan. Sworn to fight enemies bent on conquering his people, he had but one hope for success: the crystal woman who would fulfill an ancient prophecy.

From their first meeting, Susan and Jared shared a bond that soared beyond mere love. But forces of darkness would stop at nothing to destroy the sweet rapture that was their destiny.

Dani
January 10th, 2008, 07:26 PM
So is this the book you were looking for? It sounds interesting. Congrats on finding it. I probably would have never found it.

Karenne
January 15th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Yes! This was it! Thank you for the lovely PM letting me know the name of the book (wink) You know who you are!