PDA

View Full Version : Historical Romance--Favorite Time Period

EGParsons
November 28th, 2007, 08:38 AM
When it comes to historical romance--what is your favorite time period? Although I like all historical's, I love the Victorian era and a friend of mine loves the 1940's. And yes, I know a true historical is supposed to be set before the 1900's, but to me, anything set 50 years or more in the past is historical. What else would it be? Vintage, perhaps?:confused:

xmasthrow Thoughts anyone?

Karenne
November 28th, 2007, 11:18 AM
My Favorite is Regency England. Yes, I love all of the prim and proper and other stuff !xmashoho

EGParsons
November 30th, 2007, 06:39 AM
Karenne, I can remember a time not so long ago when I was so addicted to Regency romance. I read every one of them I could get my hands on. Still do read them when I can find the time and still love them. :)

Linda L Lattimer
December 1st, 2007, 10:10 PM
I like the Regency but I like the historical's set in the 1800's, too

Linda

Shelley Munro
December 3rd, 2007, 03:52 PM
I think I OD'd on Regency era historicals. Until the last six months I hadn't read any for about three years. I prefer the Georgian period, which covers 1700 - 1800. The rules weren't quite as strict and people seemed naughtier.

I also like World War 1 & 2 set books.

Shelley

EGParsons
December 3rd, 2007, 08:17 PM
I'm not sure why I love the historical's. Maybe it's the alpha heros or the fiesty heroines who are always breaking those prim and proper rules. Or maybe I just love being swept away to another time period no matter the era. :)

Anita Davison
December 4th, 2007, 01:25 PM
You only have to take a look at my avatar to see what mine is, I read and write 17th Century England.

I do like the odd Medieval too, especially someone like Michael Jecks who writes detective stories set in the 13th and 14th century.

Daisy Love Smilie

Linda L Lattimer
December 7th, 2007, 09:48 PM
E.G. I like the being swept away part

Linda

Tara S Nichols
January 4th, 2008, 02:20 AM
Totally Victorian era. Everything is forbidden and scandulous! Perfect!

Karenne
January 4th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Oh yeah! I am with you on that!Bouncy Icon Smilie