PDA

View Full Version : I have a new blog

alexbeecroft
December 9th, 2007, 06:25 PM
I used to do my day to day journalling on Live Journal. However, that has now instituted a 'dob your neighbours in for their adult content' policy. It's also been taken over by a company with links in the Kremlin. So I decided to change to Wordpress. If you fancy a look at my miscellaneous musings on writing, you can find them here:
http://alexbeecroftblog.wordpress.com/

Dani
December 9th, 2007, 10:29 PM
It looks great Alex! :biggrin:

Karenne
December 10th, 2007, 06:47 AM
Congrats Alex! You did wonderful!

alexbeecroft
December 10th, 2007, 02:24 PM
It looks great Alex! :biggrin:
Thanks Dani :) Of course, I'm now too tired to write anything on it!

I love your signature btw!

alexbeecroft
December 10th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Congrats Alex! You did wonderful!
Thanks, Karenne :) Thinking of new stuff to go on there can be a trial though ;)

hollie
December 10th, 2007, 05:49 PM
xmassnowmanbuild it's cool Alex I left a message for you just to say hello

Dani
December 11th, 2007, 12:34 AM
Thanks Dani :) Of course, I'm now too tired to write anything on it!

I love your signature btw!
Thank you, but I owe my signature to the very lovely Karenne.:notworthy:

She had me pick a graphic I liked and she did the rest (my name and Merry Christmas). The rest of it (the book I'm reading, etc and the birthday counter) I did.

alexbeecroft
December 11th, 2007, 04:51 AM
xmassnowmanbuild it's cool Alex I left a message for you just to say hello
Yay! Thanks Hollie! That's a real pick me up on another grey day like today. *Hugs*

alexbeecroft
December 11th, 2007, 06:35 AM
Thank you, but I owe my signature to the very lovely Karenne.:notworthy:

She had me pick a graphic I liked and she did the rest (my name and Merry Christmas). The rest of it (the book I'm reading, etc and the birthday counter) I did.
I'm very impressed with both yours and hers. I tried to put a picture in mine too, but completely failed. It's a shame, because they look so cheerful and distinctive.

It's your birthday on the first of January? Woohoo! Happy pre-birthday :)

hollie
December 11th, 2007, 04:20 PM
xmassnowmanbuild no Dani's birthday is the the 27th december (i think) and mine is the 31st

Dani
December 11th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Yep Hollie, you are correct. :clap: It's neat that you remembered. I'll be 33 this year and celebrating my happy day in the car on the way to Georgia, but there's a lovely bakery up there that has the best cakes, so that makes up for the long drive (9 hours :pinch: ).

Thanks for the early birthday wishes Alex. :biggrin: Oh, there should be a tutorial in the Posting Pointers thread about how to add a picture to your signature. If not let me know and I'll tell you how to do it. :teacher:

hollie
December 11th, 2007, 06:14 PM
xmassnowmanbuild I'll be 34 4 days later Twirling but 9 hrs driving on your birthday ouch i'm glad i don't drive when people say stuff like that

Dani
December 11th, 2007, 06:21 PM
That's cool Hollie! :biggrin:

Yeah, 9 hrs of driving suck, but where I'm going is up in the mountains (in Northern Georgia) and it's beautiful up there and quite relaxing. I'll take pictures and post them when I get back. I'll be back at my house on New Years Eve (hopefully).

hollie
December 11th, 2007, 06:33 PM
xmasreindeer i'm hoping to be out that night we have friends who have just got a pub if we are it will be the first time i've been out for my birthday since the millenium (and i was 7mths pregnant with number 3)

Dani
December 11th, 2007, 06:36 PM
I hope you get out then.

hollie
December 11th, 2007, 06:42 PM
xmasreindeer It depends on when my sister-in-law has the baby as to where my mum will and if I have a baby sitter

alexbeecroft
December 12th, 2007, 10:45 AM
Yep Hollie, you are correct. :clap: It's neat that you remembered. I'll be 33 this year and celebrating my happy day in the car on the way to Georgia, but there's a lovely bakery up there that has the best cakes, so that makes up for the long drive (9 hours :pinch: ).

Thanks for the early birthday wishes Alex. :biggrin: Oh, there should be a tutorial in the Posting Pointers thread about how to add a picture to your signature. If not let me know and I'll tell you how to do it. :teacher:
33 is the perfect age, when you're no longer callow and immature, but you're not old either :) I hope you have a good drive, and get yourself a cake to celebrate! And thanks for the advice on signatures - I'll check that out.

alexbeecroft
December 12th, 2007, 10:46 AM
xmasreindeer It depends on when my sister-in-law has the baby as to where my mum will and if I have a baby sitter
Heh, I know how difficult it can be to get out once you have children. I hope it all works out and you manage to have a proper birthday party this year :)

hollie
December 13th, 2007, 05:12 PM
xmasreindeer Thanks Alex bu tsomething is telling me it will either the baby or snow

alexbeecroft
December 13th, 2007, 05:42 PM
xmasreindeer Thanks Alex bu tsomething is telling me it will either the baby or snow
LOL! It's always the way, isn't it?! I hope it's a good one regardless :)

HywelaLyn
June 24th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Hi Alex

Just popping in to say 'hello'.

alexbeecroft
June 24th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Hi Alex

Just popping in to say 'hello'.
Hello Lyn! Nice to see you over here :) I can't say I'm very active here (or anywhere really) but it seems a great place from what I've seen of it.