PDA

View Full Version : That Dangerous Age

Veronica Wilde
December 22nd, 2007, 05:27 PM
That Dangerous Age

He was just a teenager but he touched her like a man.

Single art professor Whitney Van Haren has always been inspired more by museums than men. But as her thirtieth birthday approaches, spending the summer on an exclusive Cape Cod beach sounds like the perfect chance for romance. Her older sister, eager to see her married, agrees. The last guy either of them expects Whitney to fall for is a teenage lifeguard – even if he is achingly gorgeous and burns to make Whitney his own.

Nineteen-year-old Liam is confident he can be the man of Whitney’s dreams. She’s just as certain their forbidden attraction can only end in heartache. But when Cape Cod’s richest bachelor decides to make Whitney his wife, she is forced to choose between respect and lust – and makes a decision that culminates in the explosion of her most taboo desires.

Coming in 2008 from Liquid Silver Books!

Veronica Wilde
February 10th, 2008, 10:16 PM
Excerpt One

“So I guess this is where I pretend my sister didn’t already tell me all about you,” Trevor said. “I could ask what you do and where you live but I already know. You teach art history and you live in B<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">oston</st1:City>. And I’m guessing you already know that I’m a lawyer and I love to sail…”
<O:p</O:p
His words faded from her ears as Whitney caught sight of Liam across the room.

He was lingering by the library fireplace with a glass in his hand. Dressed in a stiff blue shirt that made him look far more mature than nineteen, his tanned and handsome face looked bored. He leaned moodily against the mantle, sipping his soft drink. His brooding gaze traveled over the party until their eyes met.

Her heart gave a helpless throb of yearning.

“—and that’s how we got the trophy,” Trevor was saying. “You’ve got to come to the regatta. The parties alone are great. Do you sail?”

She mentally shook herself. “Sail? No. Never learned.” She glanced back at Liam. Tipping his head back against the wall, he shot her a look of smoldering intensity. Swallowing, her gaze dropped to the hard muscles of his thighs outlined in his pants. His broad shoulders made her want to unbutton that shirt right then and there. Oh God, why did he have to be here?

“I’d love to take you out on my yacht,” Trevor continued. “What are you doing for the Fourth of July?”

“Yacht?” She struggled to focus on his words. The Fourth was the week after next. Sailing sounded like an unusual way to spend a holiday that to her meant barbecues and fireworks.

“Yeah, everybody goes out on the water for the Fourth. The fireworks reflect in the water, it’s nice.”

It did sound nice. She accepted a new gin and tonic from a passing waiter and checked Liam again, unable to stop herself. Still leaning moodily against the fireplace, he watched Trevor with a narrowed, hostile gaze. He didn’t like watching her talk to a man her own age, that was evident.

“I, uh, that sounds great.” The anxiety and erotic tension building inside her were too much. “Um, if you’ll excuse me. I’ll be right back.” Clutching her drink, she rapidly exited the party and headed up the first staircase she saw. She had to get away from Trevor and Liam and the whole ridiculously stuffy party before she exploded.

Slipping into a small unlit room on the second floor, she collapsed against the wall and sighed. What was wrong with her? She was completely losing her marbles over a teenage boy. Just one look in his eyes and she felt like lava was spreading through her lower body, melting her thighs and obliterating all common sense.

She walked to the windows and stared out at the ocean. The crash of the surf was silenced here but the waves looked wild and primitive. If only she could go back to that first night when he held her and touched her and kissed her like the gratifying of her most fervent wish. Back to when she didn’t know his true age and couldn’t judge herself or him for their feelings.

The creak of the door made her heart leap with hope. But she didn’t turn around.

His hot mouth brushed the back of her neck.

“I can’t stop thinking about you,” Liam whispered.

She didn’t answer. Instead she dropped her head forward, succumbing to the shivers running down her spine as his lips found her skin again. This was madness. This was wrong. She was weeks away from turning thirty. He was a teenager.

But he touched her like a man.

His hands took the hem of her short dress and slid it up her slender hips. Slowly and carefully, he pushed her silk wisp of a thong down her thighs until she was completely bare. She could barely breathe as he caressed the swell of her ass, then ran his hands up her smooth inner thighs until they opened. He slipped one hand around her front to cradle her exposed pussy.

“You’re making me crazy,” she breathed.

With a light touch, he ran one practiced finger up her slit and circled her clit.

“Give in to me,” he murmured in her ear and slipped his finger inside her tight heat.

She bit her lip. The sensation of his finger slowly exploring her intimate walls made her knees buckle. She gripped the window sill for balance as he lifted her dress higher to fondle her breasts. Her face burned with heat and her nipples tingled at the brush of his fingers. More than anything on earth she wanted to bend over and spread her legs wide for him. She ached to feel him thrusting deep inside her.

Instead Liam turned her around to face him.

He looked darkly, unforgettably handsome. Dressed up tonight, he looked like a hybrid of the rebellious schoolboy he had once been and the powerful, successful man he would become. His eyes burned with a passion that proved to her this chemistry between them wasn’t something they could dismiss or deny. He was as consumed with need for her as she was for him.

Her legs trembled as she fought the urge to swoon. “I want you so bad,” she whispered.

Fingers shaking, she unzipped his pants.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Ti3
February 10th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Lusty Drool Smilie As always very NICE Veronica!!! Already sounds very hot & steamy! Thanks for sharing!

Karenne
February 11th, 2008, 12:34 PM
nods...uh huh Very NiceLusty Drool Smilie

Veronica Wilde
February 11th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Just got my cover art and I loves it! April Martinez rocks!!!

Daisy Love Smilie
http://www.veronicawilde.com/images/vw_thatdangerousage_1_.jpg

Karenne
February 11th, 2008, 01:44 PM
ohhh..that is beautiful!

Dani
February 11th, 2008, 08:07 PM
I could have sworn that I posted on this excerpt before, but maybe I'm imagening that I did. Anyway, it's great and the cover is beautiful!

Veronica Wilde
March 9th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Out March 17!!

hollie
March 9th, 2008, 05:32 PM
oh 19 i think i remember that we didn't have kids then and we'ed just met that book could bring back some memorys bhowdysmilie.gif

Dani
March 9th, 2008, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the reminder Veronica!! :biggrin:

CharmedGirl
March 14th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Beautiful cover Veronica.

March 17 not far away now.

Veronica Wilde
March 17th, 2008, 09:29 PM
:phone: And it's out. You can get it here (http://www.king-cart.com/cgi-bin/cart.cgi?store=linda018&product_name=That+Dangerous+Age&return_page=&user-id=&password=&exchange=&exact_match=exact).

Veronica Wilde
March 18th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Bouncy Icon Smilie

First review already from the fiesty Mrs. Giggles - and she liked it! Yay!

"This story is pretty hot and the main characters - the women, anyway - are well-drawn for a novella-length story. In other words, this is a most enjoyable story to spend an hour or two escaping into." - 86

Read the rest here (http://mrsgiggles.com/ebooks/wilde_age.html).

Dani
March 18th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Awesome Veronica!! Bouncy Icon Smilie

CharmedGirl
March 18th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Great news on the review Veronica.