PDA

View Full Version : Honey, I'm home!

Teresa D'Amario
January 8th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Wow, a forum just for me - paranormal! Only thing better would be paranormal/sci fi combined. Delicious! I'll be going through everything here, and trying to barrage you with tons of meaningless messages when everyone else has already commented.

Ahh, feels good to settle into a comfy place! I might stick around!

Daisy Love Smilie

Karenne
January 8th, 2008, 09:14 PM
You should stick around! Start filling it up honey! Want to hear all about your books!

:clap:

Teresa D'Amario
January 8th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Thanks! I posted my blurb down at the author's section. :D

It's interesting, I thought of writing for years and years, but nothing struck my fancy to convince me to go through "to the end" of my stories. Romance had become dull and uninteresting to me, and I was starting to figure out "what happened" by page 3. BORING. (Ok, I read alot of romance for me to get to that point). So I set it aside. Set aside the psosibility of writing and set aside reading romance.

Then one day I picked up a book. The cover struck me as very "girlie" (naked chest of a hunk), but the back sounded so fascinating! It was Dark Secret by Christine Feehan.

That "Honey, I'm home" happened right then! I'd found my niche. For the first time in years I wasn't just reading. I was inhaling it, I was absorbing it, and I was happy. :D

Why didn't I think of writing paranormal as romance before? got me. But once I did, a monster... er... author was born!!! :D

Check out my website. One series has just started with SheWolf in publication. The other, the more unusual of the series is still looking for a home. :D
Daisy Love Smilie

ValerieEverhart
January 9th, 2008, 12:50 AM
Our stories are so similar..its eerie. I'd grown tired of the same ol run of the mill romance. What did it for me was first Karen Marie Moning(The Highlander's Touch, I think), but then I stumbled onto Dark Prince by Feehan, also-- and realized that was what I wanted to write about! I read Sherilyn Kenyon's Dragonswan story about the same time and fell in love with Highlanders and dragons! LOL

Teresa D'Amario
January 9th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Yes, I love Dragonswan too, but I was alot later finding that one. I actually found her Unleash the Night first. That was my introduction to cat shifters, and BAM! Knocked me over. LOVED it. It's one of my regular "re-reads".

My alltime favorite dialogue from any book:

"Have you ever wanted something you knew was bad for you? Something you ached for so much that you can think of nothing else?"

"Yes, which is why I always end up eating the whole chocolate bar anyway."

"And I want to inhale my chocolate, kitten. Even if it kills me."

Oooh mama!!!! :D Now THAT says "I love you" with a big heart stamped on it!