PDA

View Full Version : Where love and magic meet

Adrianne_Brennan
January 12th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm Adrianne Brennan, a published romantic dark fantasy and science fiction writer with Aphrodite's Apples.

When I'm not writing, I'm spending time in my primary career which does the bill paying for me, which is computer programming. I also am an avid reader of fantasy and science fiction, write fan fiction (Doctor Who and Star Wars mostly), watch anime, travel, work out on my eliptical, go to goth clubs, and play World of Warcraft.

My debut novel, Blood of the Dark Moon, is the first in the Dark Moon series. It's a bit of a genre breaker and a little bit of everything--rather like me. :) If you enjoy vampires, vampire erotica, tales of secret societies, occult intrigue, dark fantasy, urban fantasy, kinky sex, paganism and mythology, and many other things, it's definitely the book for you. You can read more about it here: http://www.adriannebrennan.com/botdm.html

I actually belong to a few secret societies and fraternal orders myself, and I like to write a bit about my own experiences--especially those entirely too weird, funny, or fantastic to be in anything but a fantasy novel!

Among my addictions include the Doctor Who fandom, chai with soy milk, chocolate, red wine, and World of Warcraft.

I'd have to say my biggest influences on me, author-wise, have been Madeleine L'Engle, Roger Zelazny, Neil Gaimon, and Alan Moore.

Ok, that's my "brief" introduction, lol. I look forward to speaking with you all! :D

-A

Karenne
January 12th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Hi Adrianne

So glad you have joined us here! Can't wait to here more about your books!

Welcome to our forum family!Bouncy Icon Smilie

Adrianne_Brennan
January 12th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Hi Adrianne

So glad you have joined us here! Can't wait to here more about your books!

Welcome to our forum family!Bouncy Icon Smilie

Thanks! :D I didn't know this place existed until it was advertised on the elists a few days ago. I rather like using message boards versus email sometimes, so this is great!

-A

Karenne
January 12th, 2008, 03:18 PM
I am with you on that one. This is more fun....all of the extra ...stuff..and the interaction and people.

But these are my babies (the forums) so I am biased.:wub:

Shelley Munro
January 13th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Hi Adrianne,

Welcome. Dark fantasy and sci-fi are my favorites.

Shelley

Adrianne_Brennan
January 14th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the warm welcomes. :D It's good to be here.

-A