PDA

View Full Version : Am I allowed to bash a certain book here lmao?????!!!!

Ti3
January 17th, 2008, 03:13 PM
:chatterbox: :chatterbox: :chatterbox:

CharmedGirl
January 21st, 2008, 12:17 AM
What book would you like to bash Ti3?

Dani
January 21st, 2008, 01:27 AM
She already bashed a book, but deleted it Bec. I'm not sure why though unless she was asked to delete it or she had second thoughs about having it in print for all to see.

So why did you delete it Ti3. Enquiring minds wanna know. :shifty:

CharmedGirl
January 21st, 2008, 01:42 AM
Well I missed out on what book it was so I do want to know. LOL

Lainey
January 21st, 2008, 01:52 AM
Well it would be interesting to know the book but good that we have no bashing on here so we can let it go.

Lainey

Dani
January 21st, 2008, 01:54 AM
That's why I figured that she was probably asked to delete it Lainey.

BTW, how are you feeling now that you're in the soft neck brace and can drive?

Lainey
January 21st, 2008, 02:00 AM
Hey Dani ... great to see you here and doing ok but I have to make sure I do not OVERDO it since I can drive and run errands and go shopping so those are the 2 most strenuous activities that give my neck a workout and make me pay for it for a day or 2 after haha.. and that is all the G rated stuff too the innocent grocery shopping and driving to get gas or the library not even fun stuff.. oh well at least I am going to RT so I am JAZZED how about you .... I will see you more off list too my friend.

Hugs, Lainey

And I want YOUR WOLF it is better than mine.... I kept it from the DH bbs haha...

Dani
January 21st, 2008, 02:06 AM
I hope to be there Lainey! I'm still working on it. If I haven't said anything by Feburary that probably means I'm not going to be able to go, but I haven't given up hope yet. It's still in negotiations so to speak. Laugh it Up fuzball

If I go I'll make sure to tell you, so that we can meet up and have fun. :biggrin:

You know you can always steal my wolf from my MySpace site. It's posted there too. Just right click on it and save it. :)

Ti3
January 22nd, 2008, 11:22 AM
The book was - The Ruins by Scott Smith

I did try to delete this section because I felt kinda bad for bashing lol....I really did hate the book. But wasnt for sure at the time how it would be received here. I did look for the so called delete feature but was not able to find it. Otherwise it would of been deleted completely!

The book I think is alot like Steven Kings kinda books....if you've ever read or watched S.King and like his work then you may like the book. I really thought it sucked lol....and typically I like to share what I read here & whether Ive enjoyed the read or not...but truth is any time Ive commented about a book here its all been positive....until this book lmao....so I was not sure if I should leave this post up....hence the weird way it was left.

I was not asked to delete it...that was my conscious talking...*winks*

That was for inquiring minds...lol

Karenne
January 22nd, 2008, 11:27 AM
lol Well we all need coffee occassionally. (wink)

And this post wasn't a bashing! goodpostsmilies I don't think i have heard of this book. Tell me a little bit about it and why you didn't care for it. Thanks Ti3!

Ti3
January 22nd, 2008, 11:49 AM
lol Well we all need coffee occassionally. (wink)

And this post wasn't a bashing! goodpostsmilies I don't think i have heard of this book. Tell me a little bit about it and why you didn't care for it. Thanks Ti3!

hmmmmm....coffeecupdrinker ok...lets see...I will try to tell some without giving away the book..just incase some here wanna read it lol...though I have no idea why anyone would :lol:

The book is about 2 American couples who are just about to head off to university and want a memorable trip before their lives get too serious. They head to Cancun Mexico where they meet up with 3 Greek Guys & 1 German Guy. The German guy's brother goes off on some excursion with a girl he met there and his brother becomes worried about him. So he asks his new found friends to go with him to some Mayan Ruins to help find his brother. Once they finally get to the Mayan Ruin Site area they uncover something other-worldly that eventually leads them all into perilous times.

Its one of those book types that left (me) pissed off in how the book ended. You ever watched a movie and the ending just ticks you right off...and you think to yourself "why the samhill did I keep watching that mess"? Well thats how I felt when I finished this darn book. I kept reading and reading and reading just hoping for something good to come out of it somehow....I will be quite honest when I finished the last page of this book I threw it acrossed my bedroom Laugh it Up fuzball . I couldnt believe I sat and read that whole book. I quite hate Steven KIngs movies too lmao...yet who knows why but when their on tv I sometimes end up watching one. Kinda like the movie "The Mist"....good grieffffffffff has anyone here watched that movie???? If so then you understand what I mean by how this particular type of Author ends their books or movies....not prettily or nicely....I was ticked off at the end of that movie "The Mist"...and I had to say that yes Scott Smith & Steven King have similar writing characteristics.

Anyways....takes all kinds...Im sure some would love the book...& their sure entitled to that opinions....I on the other hand will NEVER read another Scott Smith book again Laugh it Up fuzball

CharmedGirl
January 22nd, 2008, 08:02 PM
Yeah I'm not a fan of Stephen King so if you're bashing this book then I guess I'm not going to like it either but then lately I haven't read any books that I didn't enjoy.

Ti3
January 22nd, 2008, 08:14 PM
Yeah I'm not a fan of Stephen King so if you're bashing this book then I guess I'm not going to like it either but then lately I haven't read any books that I didn't enjoy.

LOL...until this book Charmed neither had I.

CharmedGirl
January 22nd, 2008, 08:18 PM
One bad book in a blue moon isn't so bad...well maybe it is a little bad but at least you are warning people of buying and reading a bad book. I think the last bad book I read was about 3 years ago and it was called Immoral by Brian Freeman but I still have it on my bookshelf for some insane reason. Maybe I should go trade it at a book swap place cause there is no way I'm reading it again. LOL

Ti3
January 22nd, 2008, 08:25 PM
lol...I was so mad after sitting and reading this one...that I thought about burning it lol...only thing is I dont have a fireplace so it would of been a torch job out in my backyard ....figured the big pooch that bounces around back there might make a huge black sooty mess if I tried it....but I sure thought about it. LOL...but like ya said one bad one out of all Ive read in the last year aint so bad......it sucked huge but I'll live :)....fair warning though....it'll piss ya off at the end if you decided to give it a gander.

Dani
January 22nd, 2008, 08:27 PM
Thanks for telling this inquiring mind. Laugh it Up fuzball

CharmedGirl
January 22nd, 2008, 08:30 PM
Okay so in other words the enquiring minds are well informed now and shouldn't read the book Ti3. LOL

Ti3
January 22nd, 2008, 09:02 PM
Okay so in other words the enquiring minds are well informed now and shouldn't read the book Ti3. LOL

:lol: exactly Laugh it Up fuzball Laugh it Up fuzball Laugh it Up fuzball

Ive not read anything since either lol....guess I had to purge myself of that crazy mess I read hahahaha....

Its Freakinnnnnnnnnnnnn FREEEEEEEZZZZZZINNNNGGGGG up here Dani....good gawd my feet are froze off whew....It was snowing up here something fierce earlier today...many many car accidents...some 100 car pile ups on one of our local highways...the snow was almost like a blizard at one point this afternoon. Just for your info hehe....I know your down there in the warmth...wheres the crying smiley when you need it....look heres me frozen FunnyTongueSmilie <<<< Gonna take a nice HOTTTTT bath...get one of my M.J.Davidson books ( thanks to Dani ) and getttttttttttt warmmmmmmm.....lord help me its cold up here!! And not to mention our furnace is acting retarded and I need to get in a repair guy...problem is my basements a disaster....:huh_oh:

I dunno why im going on and on...hahaha....guess im chatty cathy tonight....

CharmedGirl
January 22nd, 2008, 09:06 PM
I've recently read Swimming without a Net by MJ Davidson it was awesome that book. LOL

Dani
January 22nd, 2008, 09:14 PM
Its Freakinnnnnnnnnnnnn FREEEEEEEZZZZZZINNNNGGGGG up here Dani....good gawd my feet are froze off whew....It was snowing up here something fierce earlier today...many many car accidents...some 100 car pile ups on one of our local highways...the snow was almost like a blizard at one point this afternoon. Just for your info hehe....I know your down there in the warmth...wheres the crying smiley when you need it....look heres me frozen FunnyTongueSmilie <<<< Gonna take a nice HOTTTTT bath...get one of my M.J.Davidson books ( thanks to Dani ) and getttttttttttt warmmmmmmm.....lord help me its cold up here!! And not to mention our furnace is acting retarded and I need to get in a repair guy...problem is my basements a disaster....:huh_oh:

I dunno why im going on and on...hahaha....guess im chatty cathy tonight....
Lucky you to be in snow. I want to be in snow!!!! The freakin weather here gets cold and them warms up the next day and crap. It's simply disgusting and I hate it. I hope you like MJD a lot. I loved her books!!

I feel for you about the furnace acting up, especially in the freezing tundra you call home. Even if the basement's a disaster you need to call the repairman because you don't want to loose heat.

CharmedGirl
January 22nd, 2008, 09:23 PM
I still haven't the sixth Betsy book yet I'm waiting for it to come out here in Australia in paperback which is March I think.

Dani
January 22nd, 2008, 09:33 PM
March? Dang that's a long time to wait from the time it came out here. The new book will be out here in June.

Ti3
January 22nd, 2008, 10:09 PM
Lucky you to be in snow. I want to be in snow!!!! The freakin weather here gets cold and them warms up the next day and crap. It's simply disgusting and I hate it. I hope you like MJD a lot. I loved her books!!

I feel for you about the furnace acting up, especially in the freezing tundra you call home. Even if the basement's a disaster you need to call the repairman because you don't want to loose heat.

Well bring your butt up here girl :tt2: ...Ive got plenty of snow for ya. Not to mention canada has free medical coverage you & yours may find comforting. As for my basement...Yah Im affraid we may have to have a repair guy in whether its a mess or not...house is too cold. Hey If I can get some pictures of the snow tomorrow I will try posting them for ya....okie dokie?! Would of been cool if I got a few pics of the dang blizzard today.

Dani
January 22nd, 2008, 10:19 PM
Cool Ti3!! That would be awsome. I can't wait to see them. Bouncy Icon Smilie

CharmedGirl
January 22nd, 2008, 10:22 PM
I would love to get to Canada if I could afford it right now. LOL

Long flight from Australia though but it would be awesome.

Daelith
February 14th, 2008, 10:39 AM
I have one of his earlier books in the TBR pile, but I'm not sure about reading it. A friend borrowed it from me and said she could not for the life of her get interested in it. And she tried several times. I had picked up the one you mentioned thinking it sounded really good too, but I'm glad I held off on getting it now.

sabby07
February 14th, 2008, 11:52 AM
I liked S. King's earlier work but I havent read anything from him in over 10 years.
LOVE LOVE LOVE Canada we try to get to Victoria as much as possible (not enough for my liking)

yesterday it was 77 here and today its raining I know your pain Dani!

CharmedGirl
February 14th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Well one day it's raining here and the next it's not lately and it's getting very annoying. LOL

I've recently read this book An Invitation to Sin by Suzanne Enoch and OMG talk about seduction. A virgin being seduced by a very handsome man none other than Lord Zachary. I loved this book.

Dani
February 14th, 2008, 11:24 PM
yesterday it was 77 here and today its raining I know your pain Dani!

We've had many days like that Sabby. Yesterday and the day before it rained and today was freezing (which was nice considering that it was close to 80 the other day).