PDA

View Full Version : Iron Kissed by Patricia Briggs (SPOILER AREA)

Karenne
January 18th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Okay I have finished this book and wonder what everyone else thought. I loved it.

But the ending...though..tearful...made me think that she could literally end this series right there. What did you think?

Also, I marked this area a Spoiler area so that people know if they look in here they might find out things that might 'spoil' the book for them. So we can share specifics here!

Dani
January 19th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Dang woman, you read fast. I haven't gotten that far in the book yet, but I'm getting there. Of course, I had to finish the book I had been reading before and I did take a day to read Bianca D' Arc's Sweeter Than Wine, so I guess I have myself to blame. LOL!

Anyway, I'll let you know what I think when I'm finished (maybe in a couple of days).

sabby07
January 19th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Read it and also loved it! After reading the last book I was shocked to see (on her site ) that she wasnt ending it there. I was happy to see that Mercy went in the direction (not wanting to give too much away) she did. It was much more "emotional" then her other two books.

Karenne
January 19th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Oh yeah....you can say it. I marked this sticky and put the words SPOILER on it so that people would know and not come in here if they didn't want to know!

I loved LOVED how she handled the thing with Sam. That was very well done.

I am extra happy that she choose Adam. there is where MY heart was :-*

I am so glad there are going to be more books. She really did end it to where I thought she could go either way.

cough...I really would have liked a good hot scene though instead of ending it with..."I looked at Adam and pulled off my shirt"

Man...frustratingLaugh it Up fuzball

sabby07
January 20th, 2008, 02:01 AM
I was happy how she handled Sam (it always creeped me out just a little-not sure why but the age thing maybe) and Adam was who I wanted her to end up with but I can't imagine what she is going to put Mercy through in the next 4 books (isnt it a total of 7 books?) Plus you would think by now they would be at it like rabbits but nope she is only topless GRRRRRRR LMBO

Karenne
January 20th, 2008, 01:05 PM
I Know!!!! After those few scenes in the house...I was 'revving' to go! YUM!

sigh..but I am glad to know she is with Adam. I hope it holds. I love her stories and would like for Mercy to be solid and strong and growing with Adam while she does all of the other things she is destined to do.

I am so happy to know there are a total of 7 books! You just made my enter month!goodpostsmilies

CharmedGirl
January 20th, 2008, 11:45 PM
I'm just going to post here even though I haven't read this book yet but I've read the first two...Now I can't wait to read it. LOL

Karenne
January 21st, 2008, 12:45 PM
You are going to LOVE IT!Bouncy Icon Smilie

sabby07
January 21st, 2008, 01:29 PM
Oh yes you will love it! I liked the first two but I loved this one.

CharmedGirl
January 22nd, 2008, 08:29 PM
You are going to LOVE IT!Bouncy Icon Smilie

I just bet I'm going to love it like I loved the first two. I think Adam is fantastic I never really liked Sam at all :turned:

Dani
January 22nd, 2008, 08:54 PM
I just finished it. I loved it!

I have to say that I was still cheering for Sam. Just because of the hard time he's had in his life with wanting a family and it not working. Mercy could have been his chance, but it wasn't meant to be. It's not that I don't like Adam, because I do (A LOT), but Sam just tugged at my heart from the begining. I did like how she wrote the whole scene between Mercy and Sam. It was very fitting.

CharmedGirl
January 22nd, 2008, 09:16 PM
I believe some men deserve second chances but not all and when there is two guys that want you and one has already hurt you then for some reason you're always willing to want the one that hasn't hurt you.

maura
January 28th, 2008, 03:12 PM
I loved the first one and have the next two, but haven't had time to read them yet(Karenne is a slave driver LOL). I will definitely make time for them before the demon dust mop gets hold of one of them. He digests literature differently from the rest of us!

Karenne
January 28th, 2008, 05:33 PM
snort..you love it!

CharmedGirl
January 29th, 2008, 11:56 PM
This is another of the seven books I ordered online. Can't wait to receive them they should be here by early February. LOL

Dani
January 30th, 2008, 07:20 PM
I can't wait for you to read it!!! OMG, it was awesome! Bouncy Icon Smilie

CharmedGirl
January 30th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Well hopefully it arrives before I leave on my week's holiday because I want to actually read something really good. LOL

maura
January 31st, 2008, 12:04 PM
snort..you love it!

Yeah I guess I do, the puppy is kicking my butt though, and he keeps jumping up on the couch and changing the pages on my bookreader. Back to reading ma'am

Maura

Maura Anderson
February 9th, 2008, 01:14 PM
I loved it! It may have the ending it does because I bet she had a 3 book contract and there's always a chance, if it doesn't do well, that it won't get more.

Course I love coyote shifters, too :)

Maria M.
February 9th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Iron kissed was so good. I was really sad at the end though. I do like that she ended up with Adam though. I never liked Sam that much.

Dani
February 11th, 2008, 12:59 AM
I really liked how Mercy was able to break through the fae's magic to see the real scenery. That was very cool. My favorite part was when Zee showed his "true" self. Now that was an awesome discription and the way Patty wrote it made the hairs on my arms stand on end.

CharmedGirl
February 17th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Mercy went through a lot in this book but she came out on top with the decision between Adam and Sam.

I'm really glad she picked Adam.

Can't wait to see what happens in the next book. LOL

Maria M.
February 18th, 2008, 12:09 PM
I never really liked Sam but I love Adam! I was so happy when she chose him. I was cried though at the end of the last book from everything that happened to her. I couldn't stand it and I was a little mad that Ben had to tell Adam what was wrong with Mercey. It was still a fantastic book though!

CharmedGirl
February 18th, 2008, 09:05 PM
About time she chose between the two men in her life. But what I love is her relationship with Kyle and Warren. Totally great with the three of them at the beginning of the story. LOL

Karenne
February 19th, 2008, 10:50 AM
lol That was funny!

Yes, I love her relationship with those two. Comfortable and easy...we all need that!

And yes, I am glad she choose Adam. BUT I wonder how Stephan is going to take that? Seriously...anybody wonder about that?

Dani
February 19th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Oh, I think that Stephan will be okay with it. I think that he knows that there's not much that can happen between them more than them just being friends.

I'd love to have a relationship like Mercy has with Warren and Kyle. She's always felt the most comfortable around Warren and I think it's because they share the feeling of being on the outside of the pack even theough they both belong (Warren for being gay and Mercy for being a coyote).

Ben explaining to Adam what happened with Mercy and how she felt not only helped Adam to understand about her, but about Ben as well. Because of that speach, Adam now has a better idea of what really happened to Ben and an insight on why he is the way he is.

Karenne
February 19th, 2008, 04:37 PM
ohhh...I think you are wrong about Stephan. He loves her. Remember when she went after the vamp that created the 'demon-ridden' vampire that tortured Adam, Sam, and killed Stephan's young vamp friend?

He didn't kill those two people at the house when she got them out because he was afraid she would never forgive him and then he planted that huge kiss on her.

(raises eyebrows)

Dani
February 19th, 2008, 06:34 PM
I don't know Karenne, I mean, I know he loves her, but I thought it was said that he knew that there couldn't be a future together.

CharmedGirl
February 19th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Mercy belongs with Adam no matter what. Stephan will only ever be a friend.

Karenne
February 19th, 2008, 09:13 PM
True...I (hand on heart) believe that she belongs to Adam. Wanted it the whole time...but I just wonder about Stephan. I really see a hurt factor there.

CharmedGirl
February 20th, 2008, 12:48 AM
We will just have to wait for Mercy's next adventure to find out what happens with Stephan but the relationship between Adam and Mercy is sure to heat up. LOL

Dani
February 20th, 2008, 01:00 AM
Oh yeah and I can't wait to see where that goes!

I still love Samuel though, but maybe he'll find his one someday and be happy (hell, he can have me ;)).

Maria M.
February 20th, 2008, 09:58 PM
I liked Stephen a lot but I am so happy Mercey is with Adam! I can't wait for the next book. They are going to be a great family. Jessie will be thrilled and Adam will be stronger because didn't they say that was affecting him badly like making him a litle weak?

Karenne
February 20th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Yes, because of the magic that is involved with the pack. It was making the pack and Adam weak.

(whispers....I sure wished the ending scene had more visuals to it ..wink)

Maria M.
February 24th, 2008, 03:32 AM
Yes, because of the magic that is involved with the pack. It was making the pack and Adam weak.

(whispers....I sure wished the ending scene had more visuals to it ..wink)

thats what i was thinking too. maybe we will get visuals in the next one. (keeping my fingers crossed)

kj4sis
April 13th, 2008, 12:58 AM
i know its later than everyone else has commented on this series, but i love it,and i just found this website, so i figured id say something. I am so happy that things happened with Adam. i honestly forgot about the kiss with Stephen until reading this post. i really like stephen. but i think things with Adam would be better for Mercy. she doesnt like the vampires, except for stephen. and stephen is one of the few that are really that caring, like look at where he lives, with all of those humans that he feeds from ( i dont remember what its called) but i just think hes one of the more caring of the vampires.

Karenne
April 13th, 2008, 01:04 AM
Hey kj4sis

I am with you on that one!

Welcome to our forum family!

Maria M.
April 13th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Does anyone know when Bone Crossed (the next Mercey book) comes out?

Dani
April 13th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Bone Crossed probably won't be out until January like all her other Mercy books have been. Check out her website in books under what's next and it will tell you what's going on in her world. http://www.hurog.com/

She's just finished up the first book in the new series about Samual's brother Charles and his mate (their story is in the On the Prowl anthology). I'm very excited about this one for sure.

kj4sis
April 13th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Does anyone know when Bone Crossed (the next Mercey book) comes out?

i didnt know that was the name of the next book! does anyone know what its about?

Cant wait! Bouncy Icon Smilie

Dani
April 13th, 2008, 09:56 PM
I wish I knew what the book's about, but alas I don't. There's not too much on her site about it yet either, but I suggest you check back from time to time to see what's going on. That's what I'll be doing.

Maria M.
April 14th, 2008, 10:09 PM
is Cry Wolf the 2nd in the Charles series and when does it come out?

Dani
April 14th, 2008, 11:19 PM
Cry Wolf is the first book in the series and it comes out on June 29. The story in the On the Prowl anthology is like a background story for Anna and Charles and how they met.

Here's the info on it from Amazon.com.
http://www.amazon.com/Cry-Wolf-Anna-Charles-Book/dp/0441016154 (http://www.amazon.com/Cry-Wolf-Anna-Charles-Book/dp/0441016154)

CharmedGirl
April 14th, 2008, 11:42 PM
The cover for Cry Wolf is beautiful. I can't wait for this book to come out.

Maria M.
April 15th, 2008, 10:07 PM
Cry Wolf is the first book in the series and it comes out on June 29. The story in the On the Prowl anthology is like a background story for Anna and Charles and how they met.

Here's the info on it from Amazon.com.
http://www.amazon.com/Cry-Wolf-Anna-Charles-Book/dp/0441016154 (http://www.amazon.com/Cry-Wolf-Anna-Charles-Book/dp/0441016154)

Thanks that helps a lot I was confused because I was thinking that the name of the 1st in the series was cry wolf and that was the same one as the one in the anthology series.

Dani
April 15th, 2008, 11:16 PM
The story in the On the Prowl anthology about Charles and Anna is called Alpha and Omega. If you haven't read it, I suggest you do because it's good (IMO of course). :biggrin:

CharmedGirl
April 15th, 2008, 11:17 PM
The story in the On the Prowl anthology about Charles and Anna is called Alpha and Omega. If you haven't read it, I suggest you do because it's good (IMO of course). :biggrin:

I haven't read it yet. I obviously need to buy this book. LOL smilies/bump.gif

Dani
April 15th, 2008, 11:21 PM
There's a Karen Chance story in the book too Bec, so you should like that as well. It's called Buying Trouble.

Maria M.
April 16th, 2008, 10:32 PM
I have read the Alpha and the Omega but I haven't read the rest of them are the rest good?

Dani
April 16th, 2008, 10:35 PM
I've been told that they are, but I can't say for myself on this because I've only read Alpha and Omega.

CharmedGirl
April 16th, 2008, 10:59 PM
There's a Karen Chance story in the book too Bec, so you should like that as well. It's called Buying Trouble.

Good to know. I've read some of Karen's books. LOL

Annette
August 10th, 2008, 10:01 PM
i know i am just getting started here but i loved reading Iron kissed. it was a great read.and im looking forward to the next one. Im very happy and excited and all that other stuff that Mercy as finally realised where she belonged. With Adam.

Dani
August 11th, 2008, 12:26 AM
Iron Kissed was an excellent book! I can't wait until Bone Crossed comes out. The only bummer about it is that it's going to be a hardback book instead of paperback. Have you seen the cover for it? It's beautiful!! It's up on Patty's site, so I figure that I can put it up here to show.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa136/dani274/Book%20Covers/bonecrossed_big.jpg

Annette
August 11th, 2008, 12:05 PM
i did see this cover its so pretty. i cant wait.:phone:

Maria M.
August 11th, 2008, 06:20 PM
It is beautiful. I think it is my favorite Mercy cover yet! When does this one come out again? I am very forgettful.

Dani
August 11th, 2008, 06:26 PM
As per what I found on Amazon it will be out February 3rd of next year and will cost about $25 (of course Amazon will always have it cheaper and so will Barnes and Nobles if you have the discount card). I hate waiting that long for her books, but with the new series out it won't always seem so long.

spiritworld23
October 6th, 2008, 02:04 AM
I read Cry Wolf by her and I liked it though I was a little lost since it seemed that it was starting in the middle of an action scene. What book should I read first in the Mercy series or is that not even the first book in the series? I'm starting late here, but I loved the cover of Cry Wolf and the idea that there is an omega wolf-I should mention here that I know nothing about wolf packs. Patrica made it very easy to understand....Maybe I can look it up. :typing:

CharmedGirl
October 6th, 2008, 02:49 AM
Iron Kissed was an excellent book! I can't wait until Bone Crossed comes out. The only bummer about it is that it's going to be a hardback book instead of paperback. Have you seen the cover for it? It's beautiful!! It's up on Patty's site, so I figure that I can put it up here to show.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa136/dani274/Book%20Covers/bonecrossed_big.jpg

I can't wait until Bone Crossed. After the end of Iron Kissed where Mercy was going to be with Adam I have been anticipating the next installment. The release in February will come around in no time at all.

Dani
October 6th, 2008, 03:57 PM
I read Cry Wolf by her and I liked it though I was a little lost since it seemed that it was starting in the middle of an action scene. What book should I read first in the Mercy series or is that not even the first book in the series? I'm starting late here, but I loved the cover of Cry Wolf and the idea that there is an omega wolf-I should mention here that I know nothing about wolf packs. Patrica made it very easy to understand....Maybe I can look it up. :typing:

Okay, I can get you up to date really quick here. The reason you were a little lost probably is because she picked up the story where she left it at the end of Alpha and Omega in the On the Prowl anthology. If you read that story, you should be up to date with Charles and Anna. Now Charles is also mentioned in Patty's Mercy series, but not a lot. Start with book one which is Moon Called. Book two is Blood Bound and book three is Iron Kissed. The fourth book is Bone Crossed and is listed below. She does a lot to explain things in this series because you are being introduced to all the characters and how things run. There's info on her website too http://www.hurog.com/.

Hopefully this answers any questions you have. :)

CharmedGirl
October 6th, 2008, 04:05 PM
I've been checking out Patricia's website. I'm waiting for her to put up the excerpt to Bone Crossed. But if the book isn't out till February, an excerpt might not be put up till December. LOL

spiritworld23
October 6th, 2008, 10:07 PM
That does help explain things a lot better. :):thankyou:

Dani
October 8th, 2008, 08:40 PM
I'm glad I could help. :biggrin:

CharmedGirl
October 8th, 2008, 09:30 PM
I'm glad I could help. :biggrin:

Helpful Dani. That is your new name. LOL

Dani
October 8th, 2008, 09:46 PM