PDA

View Full Version : Finally available through Amazon.com :)

alexbeecroft
January 27th, 2008, 03:23 PM
DiscoDancingCarrots

Woohoo! 'Captain's Surrender' is now up on Amazon.com here (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1602020892/ref=cm_cmu_up_thanks_hdr)

It's looking rather sad and unloved at present, so if anyone fancied going and giving it a review I'd be very grateful indeed!

Squeeeeeeeeeee!!

Karenne
January 27th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Yeah! Now....I am going to go and make sure it is up in our Amazon store front!

Congrats Alex

alexbeecroft
January 27th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Ooh, excellent! Thank you :)

It's funny how every step on the way is accompanied by lots of annoying work, isn't it? ;) I didn't envisage the amount of administration that would be involved in being an author, and I really don't envy you the enormous work of running such a big site. Though I really appreciate it! This is a great place :)

Dani
January 27th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Excellent news Alex!!

CharmedGirl
January 27th, 2008, 08:17 PM
That is great news Alex.

alexbeecroft
January 28th, 2008, 06:27 AM
Excellent news Alex!!
Thanks very much, IrishWolf! I still don't own a copy of my own, but maybe soon ;)

alexbeecroft
January 28th, 2008, 06:28 AM
That is great news Alex.
Thanks so much, Charmed Girl! I really feel like I've arrived now ;)

Linda L Lattimer
February 3rd, 2008, 08:59 PM
Alex that is super great, know you are really glad to see it there

Linda

alexbeecroft
February 4th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Alex that is super great, know you are really glad to see it there

Linda
Thanks, Linda! Yes, I was so excited to see it out at Amazon - I felt as though I'd really arrived. I still don't have my own copy yet though! It's on its way from the USA - obviously by sail, given how long it's taking ;)

hollie
February 4th, 2008, 01:21 PM
i've put it on my wish list next time i put an order in i will get it (all ready creeping to be allowed)

alexbeecroft
February 4th, 2008, 02:54 PM
i've put it on my wish list next time i put an order in i will get it (all ready creeping to be allowed)
Woohoo! That sounds wonderful, Hollie! Thank you so much ! :D

hollie
February 4th, 2008, 03:26 PM
we're going to Scotland on 7 April for our wedding aniversary so i'm saving for that it will be the first time we've gone any where without the kids so i'm not allowed new books till i've finished all the ones i've already got

alexbeecroft
February 4th, 2008, 06:06 PM
we're going to Scotland on 7 April for our wedding aniversary so i'm saving for that it will be the first time we've gone any where without the kids so i'm not allowed new books till i've finished all the ones i've already got
Oh, that sounds wonderful, Hollie! I hope you have a brilliant time, and find more exciting things to do than reading ;) I know what it's like getting time away from the children - I have two girls, and my husband and I haven't had a night away from them for about 7 years. So that sounds like a really special occasion :) I hope it's wonderful!

hollie
February 5th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Thanks Alex it will be our 12 aniversary so it will be i hope

alexbeecroft
February 6th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Wow! Congratulations! There is such a thing as a happy ever after, isn't there :)

hollie
February 6th, 2008, 05:28 PM
well i'm working at it

Linda L Lattimer
February 6th, 2008, 11:27 PM
Alex maybe it will get there soon, perhaps someone is taking a peep inside on the way to you, and enjoying the story

Linda

alexbeecroft
February 7th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Alex maybe it will get there soon, perhaps someone is taking a peep inside on the way to you, and enjoying the story

Linda
*g* That's a good thought, Linda! But yes, woohoo! they arrived yesterday, and now I've got to start sending them out to people, to see if I can get them in bookshops and so on.

Every achievement seems to bring another new job! ;)

Linda L Lattimer
March 7th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Something tells me you are going to be extremely busy :)

Linda

alexbeecroft
March 8th, 2008, 07:22 AM
Oh, Linda, you couldn't be more right! I don't know whether I'm coming or going at the moment. And I'm expecting family for a visit in a week, and don't have beds for them. And I'm trying to write another book... Aaarrgh! LOL! It certainly keeps me busy :)

hollie
March 8th, 2008, 07:29 AM
how you doing with the book shops did i tell you that waterstones in York have got a new erotica section (don't know about the others) if you want to try them let us know how you get on :squirrel:

alexbeecroft
March 8th, 2008, 07:44 AM
how you doing with the book shops did i tell you that waterstones in York have got a new erotica section (don't know about the others) if you want to try them let us know how you get on :squirrel:
Oh, that's interesting! I drew a blank at Borders in Cambridge because they order from Ingrams and my supplier is Baker and Taylor. But I'll have to look around and see if there's a Waterstones anywhere about. To tell the truth, I've been waiting until the holidays because while the children are in school I'm trying to use the time to write the next book. I must pull my finger out as soon as the Easter holidays arrive, however :)

Thanks for the tip!

hollie
March 8th, 2008, 07:49 AM
hope it helps

alexbeecroft
March 8th, 2008, 07:59 AM
hope it helps
Oh yes! Just the prod is really welcome, or I would keep forgetting. Thank you!

hollie
March 8th, 2008, 08:06 AM
if you manage to get it out anywhere in the UK let me know it will be cheaper than getting amazon to send it from the US

alexbeecroft
March 8th, 2008, 08:10 AM
if you manage to get it out anywhere in the UK let me know it will be cheaper than getting amazon to send it from the US
Oh, if you would like a copy I always keep a few in and I can send you one myself. That would be no trouble at all - I'd be glad to :)