PDA

View Full Version : Rachel Vincent

Dani
January 27th, 2008, 06:37 PM
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa136/dani274/Book%20Covers/straycover.jpg?t=1201473378

Faythe Sanders likes to pretend she's a normal college co-ed, but that's only half the truth. It's the other half that matters when her former lover appears on campus, sent to pull her back into a life her classmates could never understand, or even imagine. He has come to take her home, to where hunting doesnít involve guns, the night isnít for sleeping, and fur is much more than just a fashion statement.

Female werecats are disappearing from all over the south, and the Pride is helpless to find its missing members and stop the stray responsible. Confined to home for her own protection, Faythe must face everything she went to school to escape: the family she left behind, the love she turned her back on, and the destiny tradition says she's bound to fulfill. And when it all becomes too much to handle, an emotionally charged error in judgment leads her into the unsheathed claws of the stray himself. Now, armed with nothing but animal instinct and a serious attitude, Faythe must free herself and stop the kidnappers before their horrific plot robs her Pride of its most valuable asset: its own continued existence.

http://www.rachelvincent.com/ (http://www.rachelvincent.com/)

CharmedGirl
January 27th, 2008, 07:39 PM
OMG I loved Stray and can't wait until the second book in this series Rogue is released in April.

Interesting to see the interaction between her and Marc now that they're back together. LOL

Karenne
January 27th, 2008, 09:05 PM
oh ...I haven't read the first book. Thanks for the heads up.

CharmedGirl
January 27th, 2008, 09:07 PM
oh ...I haven't read the first book. Thanks for the heads up.

You definitely have to read it Karenne. You'll enjoy it a lot. The second one should be just as good or even better :)

DavidsGirl841444
January 28th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Another one on the got to get book list damn it is hard trying to get all these books to talk about. Ok this one next for sure.

Shelley Munro
January 28th, 2008, 02:36 PM
I enjoyed Stray as well. It was the start in what looks like a great series.

Shelley

sabby07
January 28th, 2008, 08:39 PM
I loved Stray! I picked it up on a whim and read it through a rainy day! I will definitly be buying Rogue

CharmedGirl
January 29th, 2008, 11:39 PM
Another one on the got to get book list damn it is hard trying to get all these books to talk about. Ok this one next for sure.

It's always the way everytime you get on here to post someone is posting about a new book that they've read and you have to add it to your booklist :turned:

CharmedGirl
January 29th, 2008, 11:40 PM
I loved Stray! I picked it up on a whim and read it through a rainy day! I will definitly be buying Rogue

Yeah Rogue is going to be awesome because she's back together with Marc and the pack. The cover for Rogue is really pretty too!

Dani
January 30th, 2008, 07:28 PM
I just finished Stray last night. I stayed up way late reading it because I just had to finish it. I LOVED it!!! It was another great read.

I do wanna know what happened to Andrew since he seemed to have dropped off the face of the earth since Faythe was made to go home. He was a topic on her Yahoo group one day and I think I remember someone saying that he got scratched, but I don't remember that part in the book, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I also want to know what's going to happen to Ryan now since he's back on the ranch with his dad. It will be interesting to find out.

CharmedGirl
January 30th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Faythe is going to have loads of fun now that she's back with the pack as well but there will also be some shocks to her system!

bittenbybooks
February 5th, 2008, 05:25 PM
I just finished this (stray) last week. And really liked it! I think something happened to Andrew, like maybe Marc offed him or he got scratched.

OR he was a spy of some sort ? my imagination is running away with me. LOL

Anyways, I can't wait to read the new installment.

CharmedGirl
July 14th, 2009, 01:01 AM
Has anyone read the other books in this series yet?

I just finished the latest one - Prey. OMG it was soooooooo sad but I'm really looking forward to the next one.

Dani
July 14th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Has anyone read the other books in this series yet?

I just finished the latest one - Prey. OMG it was soooooooo sad but I'm really looking forward to the next one.
Yep, I've read them all, but Prey. It's next on my list when I finish the book I'm reading now. They are all good so far and I'm sure that this one will be no different. The next one is titled Shift. If you check out her blog, you'll see she's gotten quite a big reaction on something that happened in Prey. Now I really have to read it. I may stop my current book to start Prey after reading that. It really makes me wonder.

Her new teen series looks to be really good too. The prequel to it was free for download at Harlequin.com under the teen line, but she has it at her site now www.rachelvincent.com. Just click on the Soul Screamers link, click on the My Soul to Lose cover and click on it again to start the download.

hollie
July 14th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Yep, I've read them all, but Prey. It's next on my list when I finish the book I'm reading now. They are all good so far and I'm sure that this one will be no different. The next one is titled Shift. If you check out her blog, you'll see she's gotten quite a big reaction on something that happened in Prey. Now I really have to read it. I may stop my current book to start Prey after reading that. It really makes me wonder.

I haven't even bought Prey yet but it's on my need to get when i next go to York list

CharmedGirl
July 15th, 2009, 06:03 PM
You'll love the book when you read it but it'll make you a little sad too Hollie!

Dani
July 27th, 2009, 08:31 PM
You'll love the book when you read it but it'll make you a little sad too Hollie!
Yeah. I'm not finished with it, but I saw something that I didn't need to see and let's just say I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO not happy about it!