PDA

View Full Version : Erin McCarthy

bittenbybooks
February 4th, 2008, 11:40 PM
Has anybody read her books?

She's got The Vegas Vampire Series

High Stakes (Vegas Vampires, Book 1)
Bit the Jackpot (Vegas Vampires, Book 2)
Bled Dry (Vegas Vampires, Book 3)
Sucker Bet ( Vegas Vampires, Book 4)

and then another series that just started last summer
My Immortal (Seven Deadly Sins, Book 1)

Her website is:
http://www.erinmccarthy.net/

I have the first two in the Vegas Vamp Series but haven't read them yet.

They look cute, like paranormal chick lit maybe along the same lines as MJ Davidson?

Anybody have any feedback?

Dani
February 4th, 2008, 11:49 PM
I've seen them, but never read them. I should though because they keep poping out at me every time I'm in the book store. I think that means something. Don't you? LOL!

I have a book that was given to me called Dead Sexy by Tate Hallaway, but I can't find the one before it (Tall, Dark & Dead). It looks like a good book too, but I want to read the one before it first.

Have you heard of these books before Rach?

bittenbybooks
February 4th, 2008, 11:54 PM
I've seen them, but never read them. I should though because they keep poping out at me every time I'm in the book store. I think that means something. Don't you? LOL!

I have a book that was given to me called Dead Sexy by Tate Hallaway, but I can't find the one before it (Tall, Dark & Dead). It looks like a good book too, but I want to read the one before it first.

Have you heard of these books before Rach?

YES!

They are great. The lacey garnet series. She's got a new one in the series coming out this year.
Lets see.

Romancing the Dead by Tate H.
May 6, 2008 (my dh's birthday!)
ISBN 10- 0425221334

I think you would like them.

Dani
February 4th, 2008, 11:56 PM
Cool! I have to get my greedy little hands on the first book then. Thanks for the info!!

bittenbybooks
February 4th, 2008, 11:59 PM
yeah, i am sure you can get a copy on Amazon or half.com! :)

What about Richelle Mead have you read her books yet?

Dani
February 5th, 2008, 12:08 AM
I have three of hers, Succubus Blues, Succubus on Top and her young adult book The Vampire Academy, but I haven't read them yet. I need to soon.

sabby07
February 5th, 2008, 12:09 AM
Has anybody read her books?

She's got The Vegas Vampire Series

High Stakes (Vegas Vampires, Book 1)
Bit the Jackpot (Vegas Vampires, Book 2)
Bled Dry (Vegas Vampires, Book 3)
Sucker Bet ( Vegas Vampires, Book 4)

and then another series that just started last summer
My Immortal (Seven Deadly Sins, Book 1)

Her website is:
http://www.erinmccarthy.net/

I have the first two in the Vegas Vamp Series but haven't read them yet.

They look cute, like paranormal chick lit maybe along the same lines as MJ Davidson?

Anybody have any feedback?

I loved My Immortal great story!
Richelle Mead is amazing!

bittenbybooks
February 5th, 2008, 12:11 AM
I have three of hers, Succubus Blues, Succubus on Top and her young adult book The Vampire Academy, but I haven't read them yet. I need to soon.

I read the Succubus series (just finished this weekend). And I *think* I may have the Vampire Academy.

I REALLY liked the series. Do we have a thread for her? LOL

bittenbybooks
February 5th, 2008, 12:12 AM
I loved My Immortal great story!
Richelle Mead is amazing!

That is good to know, I have it on a wish list!!!

I know, I really enjoyed RM too!!! Can't wait for more!

Dani
February 5th, 2008, 12:21 AM
I read the Succubus series (just finished this weekend). And I *think* I may have the Vampire Academy.

I REALLY liked the series. Do we have a thread for her? LOL
We do now! :biggrin:

Here's the link. http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/showthread.php?p=34917#post34917 (http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/showthread.php?p=34917#post34917)

bittenbybooks
February 5th, 2008, 12:25 AM
We do now! :biggrin:
Cool! :) thanks.

Dani
February 5th, 2008, 12:26 AM
I added the link to the page on the other post.

bittenbybooks
February 5th, 2008, 12:27 AM
this is really weird, but I can't find this thread on the board. Did I not post it under paranormal? I can find it if there is a response. LOL

very lost now.

Dani
February 5th, 2008, 12:41 AM
It's in the paranormal area. I'll check and see what I can do to make it visible.

bittenbybooks
February 5th, 2008, 12:42 AM
did i screw it up? LOL

Dani
February 5th, 2008, 12:43 AM
Nope, you did fine. It goes in order by first name, so it's in the E's on page 4 if you're looking for the thread without using your User CP link.

bittenbybooks
February 5th, 2008, 12:47 AM
Really?

All this time I had NO clue. I just thought there were NO new threads. LOL just the ones at the beginning of the list.

ha ha

is there a way for me to sort them or have them show up by last posted date?

I feel so dumb now. LOL

Dani
February 5th, 2008, 12:53 AM
There isn't a way to order them yourself, but if you go to your User CP (http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/usercp.php) link and click on it you'll see all the new posts for the threads that you post on. That's the only thing I use when I'm catching up on posts. Then I check the New Posts (http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/search.php?do=getnew) section to see what's new after I catch up on the ones I'm subscribed to. Try these and see how it works for you.

Oh also just click on the last post button beside the name and you'll always see the last post.

bittenbybooks
February 5th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Oh wait I figured out how to get it to show me the most current posts! There is a display option at the bottom of the forum/board you are on. You can click list by last post date and then decending.

And voila! it is there. No more searching by alpha. Unless you like to. LOL

Woohoo!

bittenbybooks
February 6th, 2008, 05:33 PM
okay i finally started reading the first book last night. AND I love it. Very quick read. I am almost 3/4 the way through it and that was just in a few hours. (i read pretty fast though). So, I had to order books 3&4 from amazon last night. LOL

I LOVE this author. Very funny, steamy, not too raunchy and with some good intrigue.

I am not sure how I will pace myself on book two until those last 2 get here. HOLD ME BACK.

Dani
February 8th, 2008, 01:28 AM
Great news Rach.

Hopefully you'll be able to find something to keep you busy until the new books get to you.

bittenbybooks
February 9th, 2008, 04:59 PM
between 5 wiener dogs, taxes and 300 books TBR, I am sure I will be busy. LOL

Dani
February 11th, 2008, 12:53 AM
That's a lot of book in your pile. Mine TBR pile is getting up there because I have a lot of books. I'm just not sure how many total.

bittenbybooks
February 12th, 2008, 03:05 AM
That's a lot of book in your pile. Mine TBR pile is getting up there because I have a lot of books. I'm just not sure how many total.

I am pretty sure it has turned into an avalanche from a pile. LOL the TBR avalanche. Has a nice ring to it. he he

Dani
February 12th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Laugh it Up fuzball

Mine will be an avalanche before too long.

bittenbybooks
February 12th, 2008, 04:23 PM
oh good! I don't feel so alone. I guess that means I need to find some new books to get you turned on to. LOL

Dani
February 12th, 2008, 05:46 PM
ROFL!! Yep, but I have quite a few of the books that we've talked about on the other threads. I just haven't read them yet.

bittenbybooks
February 12th, 2008, 07:42 PM
maybe you need to get me hooked on some new books!

Dani
February 12th, 2008, 11:14 PM
You seem to have read just about everyone I've mentioned. LOL! Not that it's a bad thing. It just means that we have the same taste in books.

I do have one you might be interested in if you haven't read them yet and that's The Warriors of Poseidon series by Alyssa Day. The two books that are out now are:

Atlantis Rising (Book 1)
ISBN: 0425214494

Atlantis Awakening (Book 2)
ISBN: 0425217965

There's also a story in the Wild Thing Anthology (main author is Maggie Shane) by Alyssa called Wild Hearts in Atlantis. It's supposed to be a good story as well. And the third book in the series (Atlantis Unleashed) is due out August 5th.

Have you read the Blood Moon series by the late Dawn Thompson? There are three books Blood Moon, The Brotherhood, and The Ravening. I'm not sure if there were going to be more after that or not, but there won't be now since she passed away this past Friday. It's very sad too. She also wrote under the name Dawn MacTavish.

bittenbybooks
February 12th, 2008, 11:30 PM
You seem to have read just about everyone I've mentioned. LOL! Not that it's a bad thing. It just means that we have the same taste in books.

I do have one you might be interested in if you haven't read them yet and that's The Warriors of Poseidon series by Alyssa Day. The two books that are out now are:

Atlantis Rising (Book 1)
ISBN: 0425214494

Atlantis Awakening (Book 2)
ISBN: 0425217965

There's also a story in the Wild Thing Anthology (main author is Maggie Shane) by Alyssa called Wild Hearts in Atlantis. It's supposed to be a good story as well. And the third book in the series (Atlantis Unleashed) is due out August 5th.

Have you read the Blood Moon series by the late Dawn Thompson? There are three books Blood Moon, The Brotherhood, and The Ravening. I'm not sure if there were going to be more after that or not, but there won't be now since she passed away this past Friday. It's very sad too. She also wrote under the name Dawn MacTavish.

What! I didn't know she passed away. Was she sick?

Dani
February 12th, 2008, 11:35 PM
I think so, but I'm not sure what was wrong. If anyone would know for sure it would be author Deborah Macgillivray. Here's a link to the Guest book that Deborah set up so that fans and friends can send their condolences to her family.

http://www.legacy.com/Newsday/GB/GuestBookSaveEntry.aspx?PersonId=103117594 (http://www.legacy.com/Newsday/GB/GuestBookSaveEntry.aspx?PersonId=103117594)

sabby07
February 12th, 2008, 11:36 PM
I just finished the Brotherhood book! How sad!

Dani
February 12th, 2008, 11:38 PM
I agree. She had a few other books coming out as well that look really good.

bittenbybooks
February 22nd, 2008, 05:38 PM
I am finally just starting the 3rd book in the series. Bled Dry. It is pretty good so far!