PDA

View Full Version : Welcome!

strohs
February 7th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Well, I'm proud to be the first to post here!!!! I am glad to see more and more of the paranormal writers joining in the romance coffee time!!!! I love all three books, and I'm not impatiently waiting Dragon Wytch.
I am glad to have this section dedicated to these books and Yasmine Galenorn!!!!

hollie
February 7th, 2008, 12:11 PM
hi Strohs and welcome glad you could join us.
I haven't read all Yasmine's books yet as Darkling has only just come out in the uk but i can't wait to read it i loved the first two books

Karenne
February 7th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Well I am honored that she asked to have her own little corner with us. This is a brand new area and I am so excited!Bouncy Icon Smilie

Plus, she has a bunch of other books, that I honestly (blushing) didn't know about.

Thanks for being the first post...I was to nervous to do it!Laugh it Up fuzball

hollie
February 7th, 2008, 05:25 PM
do you think she'll talk to us like Keri does??

Yasmine Galenorn
February 7th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Well I am honored that she asked to have her own little corner with us. This is a brand new area and I am so excited!Bouncy Icon Smilie

Plus, she has a bunch of other books, that I honestly (blushing) didn't know about.

Thanks for being the first post...I was to nervous to do it!Laugh it Up fuzball

*grins* Now you know about them. Go forth and read, woman!

Yasmine (oh yeah, sending you smilies! Will send in a zip file)

Yasmine Galenorn
February 7th, 2008, 11:21 PM
do you think she'll talk to us like Keri does??

~grins~ When she has time, she might.

LOL, I don't have that much time to play, but I will come in and drop notes and do my best to answer some questions, though I answer all writing questions on my blogs--one found on MySpace, the mirror on Live Journal for now.

Nice to meet you, btw!

Yasmine NeedCoffee

bittenbybooks
February 7th, 2008, 11:28 PM
welcome to your new forum home! Woohoo!

Dani
February 8th, 2008, 01:47 AM
Congratulations on your new forum here at CTR Yasmine!!! I'm so excited for you! :clap:

Karenne
February 8th, 2008, 01:32 PM
*grins* Now you know about them. Go forth and read, woman!

Yasmine (oh yeah, sending you smilies! Will send in a zip file)

Got 'em! Thank you!

awww...a woman after my own heart...'Go forth and read, woman!' is my personal motto!Laugh it Up fuzball

Maura Anderson
February 9th, 2008, 10:51 PM
LOL - Got you hooked!

*does fan girl dance*

Karenne
February 9th, 2008, 11:07 PM
fan dance? Neat! be right back...going to get the camera!Lusty Drool Smilie

Maura Anderson
February 9th, 2008, 11:10 PM
LOL!! Only if you want to break your camera!

If I lose some weight, I could attempt a belly dance, though.....

bittenbybooks
February 10th, 2008, 12:50 AM
Now this I am waiting to see! :)

Dani
February 11th, 2008, 12:40 AM
LOL!! Only if you want to break your camera!

If I lose some weight, I could attempt a belly dance, though.....
Maura, having a little more around the middle shouldn't stop you from doing anything even belly dancing. So have fun with it. :biggrin:

Maura Anderson
February 11th, 2008, 12:44 AM
Not that so much as none of my dance bras will fit - and that can HURT! lol

Dani
February 11th, 2008, 12:49 AM
Ah, I see.

Yasmine Galenorn
February 11th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Not that so much as none of my dance bras will fit - and that can HURT! lol

Underwire is my friend. ~grins~

Yasmine

strohs
February 11th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Underwire is your friend till it snapps and pokes out!!! I had a very bad experiance with that this weekend at work.. come on you waitress with a wire poking you in the boob all night!

TheMistress
February 11th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Underwire is your friend till it snapps and pokes out!!! I had a very bad experiance with that this weekend at work.. come on you waitress with a wire poking you in the boob all night!

UGH! I detest when that happens! Nothing like skewering yourself with the metal meant to make your puppies stay up. Whats worse than the pain is knowing that now you have one saggy lady and one perky(ish) one!

Dani
February 11th, 2008, 11:07 PM
I detest underwires and wear them as little as possible.

TheMistress
February 12th, 2008, 12:22 AM
If I don;t have wires....they hang to my navel. hahahha

Dani
February 12th, 2008, 12:49 AM
I know how that goes... Trust me! Laugh it Up fuzball

GlowsintheDark
February 18th, 2008, 12:55 AM
Yes she has many other amazing books! I still haven't read the whole India Ink series but I devoured Chintz n China and I have read a couple of her others too.

Karenne
February 18th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Hi GlowsintheDark!

Glad to see you here. I would love to have you in the area about those books. I haven't read them and would love to hear about them.

bittenbybooks
February 18th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Yes she has many other amazing books! I still haven't read the whole India Ink series but I devoured Chintz n China and I have read a couple of her others too.

I LOVE love love the Chintz n China series. I am sad that there are no more planned.
:hissyfit:

Yasmine Galenorn
February 18th, 2008, 04:58 PM
I LOVE love love the Chintz n China series. I am sad that there are no more planned.
:hissyfit:

I know, and I'm sorry I had to disappoint people. They just didn't sell well and I A) couldn't afford to write more (I'm not even sure I would have been offered another contract for more, and if I had, it wouldn't have been enough to pay for the time writing the book), and B)...well...what can I say? I love fantasy!

If they ever ask me to write another Emerald book, I'd consider it if the contract were good--and if it were only one or two more--I'm so not cozy-mystery oriented in my mindset and it's hard for me to come up with plausible reasons for her to investigate murders. I can't stand mysteries where there's no reason except nosiness for the sleuth to go poking around! LOL (And I also have a hard time reining myself into the limitations of the genre re: violence and sex).

Yasmine smilies/fam03.gif

Karenne
February 18th, 2008, 11:58 PM
Yasmine

Do you have any excerpts (for those of us who like to read them) that you could post? Please?

Or I can post them. Just let me know!:flowers:

bittenbybooks
February 19th, 2008, 02:54 PM
I know, and I'm sorry I had to disappoint people. They just didn't sell well and I A) couldn't afford to write more (I'm not even sure I would have been offered another contract for more, and if I had, it wouldn't have been enough to pay for the time writing the book), and B)...well...what can I say? I love fantasy!

If they ever ask me to write another Emerald book, I'd consider it if the contract were good--and if it were only one or two more--I'm so not cozy-mystery oriented in my mindset and it's hard for me to come up with plausible reasons for her to investigate murders. I can't stand mysteries where there's no reason except nosiness for the sleuth to go poking around! LOL (And I also have a hard time reining myself into the limitations of the genre re: violence and sex).

Yasmine smilies/fam03.gif

This makes total sense!! ;)