PDA

View Full Version : Scrapbooking: Friend or Foe

simplypaige
September 13th, 2006, 07:07 AM
Do you look at your piles of pictures and think you will never get them all done? Do you feel like you are so far behind you will never catch up? Well you are not alone.

Everyone feels that way. Just take it one day at a time. Start slow and you will catch up. One page a day will make you feel like you have accomplished a whole lot.

Lets talk about it. Share you ideas, share your fears, share your problems.

Karenne
September 13th, 2006, 10:28 PM
Do you think it is cheating to want to hire someone to finish it? Or at least catch up the last 7 years? :tt2:

simplypaige
September 27th, 2006, 05:52 AM
Cheating, who calls it cheating anymore, it is called deligating!!!! I myself get frustrated when I look at all the piles of pictures I have. I keep wanting to box everything up and send it to my sister and bribe her with free goodies to catch me up. However, I keep going along.

All it takes is one day at a time. Try and set aside 10 minutes a day just to go through the pictures you have. Once you have the pictures in some sort of order, it should get easier from there.

Keep asking!!!!

Karenne
September 27th, 2006, 10:37 PM
Ummm...so how would I sort? Date? Activities? kid? What?

HELP ME!:wacko:

simplypaige
November 27th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Group pictures by Subject. Have your Easter pictures, thanksgiving, christmas, birthday in seperate piles. Then pick up one pile and pick out your 4 favorite pictures from that pile. Now you are ready to begin a page. Stickers are fun and an easy way to scrapbook, just be sure they are acid free and scrapbook safe. Page layouts help a bunch too. Different companies sell ready to go page layouts to help for those not sure where to begin.

Now take those four pictures that you first picked out and put them on a pretty colored page and play around with the look of them. Do not stick them to the page until you are absolutely sure that is what you want. Jazz it up by adding appropriate stickers and such.

I am here to help if you need more advise.

Karenne
December 3rd, 2006, 03:04 AM
Thanks Paige! You really are great!

ummm...do you happen to know where I can get Disneyland stuff for a scrapbook page section?:detective:

simplypaige
December 9th, 2006, 12:10 AM
For Disney stickers and backgrounds you can look almost anywhere. Most hobby stores now carry scrapbooking as well as at home sales. Just look around and I am sure you will find them

If you have any more questions let me know Keep them coming

Karenne
January 1st, 2007, 10:00 PM
Awesome! Thanks Paige!

simplypaige
January 5th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Glad to be of some help.

Hey everybody!!!! Lets share our favorite scrapbooking page. Those of you that can, please post a copy of it here so we can all share in your brillance.