PDA

View Full Version : opinion needed

Karenne
February 10th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Okay..I have been thinking about this and I am just going to spit it out...so here goes

What do you think about having an area here for our furry buddies who have ....gone to that big dog house in the sky ?

A person could put their beloved pets name, picture and dates.

Do you think that is silly? Or am I the only one who thinks it is neat idea?

Maria M.
February 10th, 2008, 03:04 PM
i think it is a good idea but im just an animal person.

sabby07
February 10th, 2008, 03:31 PM
I think its a good idea! Im an animal lover at heart!

Dani
February 11th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Okay..I have been thinking about this and I am just going to spit it out...so here goes

What do you think about having an area here for our furry buddies who have ....gone to that big dog house in the sky ?

A person could put their beloved pets name, picture and dates.

Do you think that is silly? Or am I the only one who thinks it is neat idea?
Don't forget the big scratching post in the sky either. LOL! I think it would be neat. I have a few that could go on the thread (from through out my lifetime).

maura
February 13th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Don't forget the big scratching post in the sky either. LOL! I think it would be neat. I have a few that could go on the thread (from through out my lifetime).

Hi,

I think the Rainbow Bridge covers all of them and I think it is a good idea.

Maura

Dani
February 13th, 2008, 02:54 PM
I've heard of a few people call it the Rainbow Bridge which I thought was precious.

maura
February 13th, 2008, 03:37 PM
I've heard of a few people call it the Rainbow Bridge which I thought was precious.

Here is the poem that goes with it:

RainbowsBridge.com
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Dani
February 13th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Awww, that's beautiful! I think I'm gonna tear up now.

Karenne
February 14th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Any other ones?

CharmedGirl
February 14th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Great poem Maura.

I have a poem that someone wrote but I've got to find where it's hiding in one of my diaries. LOL

Karenne
February 14th, 2008, 10:41 PM
Okay...so now it is time for us to come up with a good (and appropriate name) for the pet memorial area.

So lets hear the ideas. :Watering:

Dani
February 14th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Well since most people seem to refer to it as the rainbow bridge why don't we call the section Over the Rainbow Bridge? It sounds nice. smilie_colors1.gif

Karenne
February 14th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Any other ideas/names?

Daelith
February 16th, 2008, 10:38 AM
I like the idea of having a section for this. Though it's always sad to read of one's loss, it helps to share your grief.
Rainbow Bridge or some variation sounds good to me.

maura
February 17th, 2008, 10:55 PM
That poem has been around a while. When my first Golden, Penny, died, my friend and obedience instructor Jeanette, gave me a framed copy with a cut out for Penny's picture. It is still on the wall above her pedigree. It always makes me tear up.