PDA

View Full Version : Jim Butcher's Dresden Files Welcome to the Jungle

The_Khan
February 12th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Here are some colored pages from the original Dresden Files "Welcome to the Jungle" adaptation written by Jim Butcher, enjoy :)

http://jim-butcher.com/pics/dabel24_colors.jpg

http://jim-butcher.com/pics/dabel04_colors.jpg

Karenne
February 12th, 2008, 06:19 PM
WOW! Those are great. Great talent.

Always amazing!

The_Khan
February 12th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Karenne my friend, thanks :) I'm happy that you like what you see! Please keep your eyes out for our Dean Koontz's Frankenstein adaptation as well as our George R.R. Martin Wild Cards too, they are amazing as well :)

Karenne
February 12th, 2008, 07:00 PM
I am looking forward to the Mercy ones! I couldn't believe it when I saw those!

The_Khan
February 13th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Karenne my friend, the Mercy ones are going to be fantastic! Patricia Briggs is really excited and is having a lot of fun with the adaptation :)

Dani
February 13th, 2008, 08:04 PM
These are excellent! Cheerleader

The_Khan
February 13th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Thanks Irishwolf my friend :) Have you ever read Jim Butcher's Dresden Files novels?

Dani
February 13th, 2008, 10:01 PM
I've watched the series on the SciFi channel and I have the first book to read (my mother has it right now). I really enjoyed the show and wished that they would have continued it, but they didn't.

CharmedGirl
February 14th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Fantastic colors in those pages.

I haven't read these books yet and also I can't wait for the Mercy pics. I love Patricia's books even though I haven't read Iron Kissed. I'm getting through my to be read pile quite quickly. LOL

The_Khan
February 15th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Thanks and can't wait to hear your thoughts about it after you finish reading it IrishWolf my friend :) All, I can say is that Jim Butcher is very excited and going over all the artwork with him, he gives me precise idea of how he envisions the characters and I make sure that he gets what he wants :)

CharmedGirl my friend, there is a promo piece we just recently did for Patricia Briggs and she loved it! Of course there were some minor changes she asked for but overall, I think once it is made public that you will enjoy it very much :)

Also you can see more Dresden Artwork on my site here, enjoy :)

http://www.dabelbrothers.com/index.php?categoryid=35&

Karenne
February 15th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Very nice. I like your work..it is passionate andd I can literally 'feel' it. If that makes sense.

Keep up the great work Khan!

Daelith
February 15th, 2008, 01:04 PM
I've watched the series on the SciFi channel and I have the first book to read (my mother has it right now). I really enjoyed the show and wished that they would have continued it, but they didn't.
Ooooo, don't even get me started on how irritated with the SciFi channel I was over them cancelling Dresden. :censored::hissyfit:
I've refuse to watch any of their new shows in protest. When they ditch Eureka, I'm going to be done with them all together.

And great work, Khan! You may yet entice me to try comics or graphic novels.

Karenne
February 15th, 2008, 01:46 PM
I know!!!! I loved the Dresden Files. I really enjoyed the guy who played it and I really loved the sotry lines.

Why in the world did they cancel it! grrrr

The_Khan
February 15th, 2008, 02:58 PM
I'm not sure why they cancelled the Dresden Files, but what I do know is that Jim Butcher is very excited and happy about the comics. He says that they are as he had always envisioned the characters and he is having a lot of fun since he is heavily involved in the project :)

Daelith
February 15th, 2008, 04:14 PM
I know!!!! I loved the Dresden Files. I really enjoyed the guy who played it and I really loved the sotry lines.

That would be Paul Blackthorne.

They said...with what little they did have to say about the cancelation...that it wasn't getting enough viewers. I find it hard to believe myself. It seems like they would rather pour their money and advertising into the cheesy, cheaper made series than the ones people really like.

Dani
February 15th, 2008, 04:58 PM

You can see him in the new show Lipstick Jungle. Mom and I saw him on one of the commercials for the show and we both flipped out. LOL

Khan, the artwork on your site is amazing! I'm really glad Jim's involved with the work too because that means between the two of you we'll really get a great product. :biggrin:

The_Khan
February 15th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Great product! We aim to please, lol :)

The_Khan
May 27th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Hi my friends, how are you? Here are the finished five pages for Dresden Files issue #2, enjoy :)

http://www.jim-butcher.com/news/000277.php (mhtml:{38E10FAE-5358-45F1-B287-B7395ECF5F02}mid://00000181/!x-usc:http://www.jim-butcher.com/news/000277.php)