PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Suspense Authors and Readers!

Donna Nichols
September 15th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Hey everybody - come on out and join me! DEADLY LAUNDRY, my first romantic suspense, with a touch of paranormal, is now available from WWW.TriskelionPublishing.com (http://www.TriskelionPublishing.com)!

Let's all talk about romantic suspense - why we love it, why we write it.

Who wants to start? I'm going to grab a cup of coffee - be right back!

Donna Nichols
DEADLY LAUNDRY - AVAILABLE NOW!
WWW.Donnanichols.net:biggrin: (http://WWW.Donnanichols.net:biggrin:)

Karenne
September 16th, 2006, 01:05 AM
I am here! But I don't write (well thank you notes) but not books..but I just love to read them! Share! (has coffee and chocolate for all):boat:

Charissa1
September 17th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Hi Donna,

Enjoyed your excerpts over on the book bash! I think thanks to writers like you and Melanie Atkins, suspense is rising fast on my list of books to dive into. With the romance thrown in, it just makes it all that more savory

Donna Nichols
September 23rd, 2006, 08:29 AM
My two favorite things in the world!
Thank you notes can be much tougher than writing suspense!

Donna:)

Donna Nichols
September 23rd, 2006, 08:37 AM
Hi Donna,

Enjoyed your excerpts over on the book bash! I think thanks to writers like you and Melanie Atkins, suspense is rising fast on my list of books to dive into. With the romance thrown in, it just makes it all that more savory

I've read several of Melanie's also and I love her style - great reads. Some of my favorite print authors are: Iris Johansen, Kay Hooper, Linda Jackson, Alex Kava and Sandra Brown. Have you ever read Finding Laura by Kay? I've read it over and over again. In fact, when I had a huge writer's block develop with Deadly Laundry, I re-read portions of Finding Laura, then e-mailed Kay. She sent me a very encouraging note back and told me that Finding Laura was one of her favorites...
Well, I'm getting back to work now - Chris and Joe are in a hell of a mess and I have to figure out how to get them out!

ttys-
Donna
WWW.Donnanichols.net (http://www.Donnanichols.net)
:)

Donna Nichols
September 23rd, 2006, 03:11 PM
Here's an excerpt from my romantic suspense, with a touch of the paranormal (I love paranormal elements): DEADLY LAUNDRY
Enjoy!

The set-up: After a frustrating phone call with her old boss in New York, Alexa decides to hit the gym early and work off some frustration. Her friend, Katie, joins her for a self defense class.

“Rough day, huh?”
“God, yes. I’ve been here since five this afternoon, trying to de-stress. I hope nobody minds that I left early.”
“Christian and Larry didn’t get back into the office until almost five-thirty. But I’m sure they wouldn’t care that you cut out.” Katie shoved her sweats into her gym bag. “Rumor has it you’re going back to New York soon. Is that true?”
Alexa shrugged and sat down on the bench next to their lockers. “My position is temporary. It ends in a month and I don’t know what I’m going to do. This town has really grown on me and I can see myself staying, you know?” She wiped her face with her towel. “But, Joe wants me back in New York.” She tossed the towel into her gym bag. “I just don’t know,” she breathed, staring at her bag.
“You’ll figure it out.” Katie stood up and grabbed her bag. “Ready to go?”
“Yes. I can’t wait to get into my shower.”
Alexa and Katie stepped through the gym door and out into another typical Newton’s Ridge night. The sky was black, not a single star shining above. Thunder rumbled in the distance signaling more rain was on the way.
Alexa looked up and down the deserted road. “They could use some street lights down here.”
“There’s not much on this end of town. Mostly warehouses and stuff.” They walked a little further and Katie nodded to the green Ford Taurus parked at the curb. “Here’s my car. Where did you park?”
Alexa pointed down the still, dark street. “I’m about another block down, on the other side.”
“Want a lift?”
“No, I’m fine. I’ll see you tomorrow.” Alexa glanced up at the sky and a raindrop hit her forehead. “And it’s starting to rain. Again.” She hurried to cross the street. “Night, Katie.”
“Night,” Katie called after her, turning her back to the street while she fished for her keys. Suddenly, an engine gunned. Katie spun around as a dark vehicle barreled past her. “Alexa, watch out!”
The car came out of nowhere so fast that Alexa barely had time to react. With no headlights, it flew down the middle of the street. Alexa ran for the side of the road, and the car immediately swerved in the same direction. She dove between two parked cars, bouncing of the hood of one before slamming into the concrete sidewalk.
She didn’t get up.

DEADLY LAUNDRY – Available NOW!
WWW.Triskelionpublishing.com (http://www.triskelionpublishing.com/)
Read the book, then e-mail me with the answer to this question:
Who is Mollie?
I will pick a winner at random from the first 50 answers I receive.
The winner will receive a surprise from Victoria’s Secret worth $25.00!
WWW.Donnanichols.net (http://www.donnanichols.net/)
Donna-nichols@hotmail.com (Donna-nichols@hotmail.com)

<!-- / message -->

troubledmood
February 1st, 2007, 04:39 AM
I absolutly LOVE these kinds of romance books..they always leave me wanting more. I cna't wait to hopefully read one of your books..

lcsamano
February 3rd, 2007, 11:06 AM
I love suspense books. They are really great reads. They keep you on your toes wanting to know what is coming next. The excerpts from this book makes me want to know more. I am going to have to get this book. It looks very interesting.

Angewl_73
February 4th, 2007, 04:55 PM
I love this kind of book as well.

This was a great tease!

ladybecklyn
March 4th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Intersting. It was a tease. I think I will have to check it out.