PDA

View Full Version : Ranger's Romance

Liadan
February 14th, 2008, 12:08 AM
Okay so you all know that Reunited By Murder will be released in September. Well, now I'm in the process of working on the sequel to that book. Ranger's Romance. I did have 32 pages written before I read them over and thought better of it. I've started on a new version of the story. Yes, I still have the original version but I like this version better.

Just wanted to give ya'll a heads up about what I'm working on. This is Max's story by the way. You'll meet Max in Reunited.

Krista sweetie, this one's for you. *wink wink*:cowboy:

Liadan
February 14th, 2008, 01:42 AM
If you'd like a little bit of a preview, just let me know.WriterCoffee

CharmedGirl
February 14th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Definitely give us a preview please Liadan.

Dani
February 14th, 2008, 11:37 PM
You shouldn't even have to ask if we want a preview honey cause you know we're going to say yes! LOL!

Karenne
February 14th, 2008, 11:57 PM
oh yeah! Spit it out! share with us:tt2:

Liadan
February 15th, 2008, 12:40 AM
*spit* There you go Karenne! LOL!

Liadan
February 15th, 2008, 12:43 AM
For the first time Max saw the woman standing behind Beau. “Are you going to introduce me Beau?” Max asked as he stood.

He was so hoping this wasn't the new Ranger. By God the woman was gorgeous. She stood around five foot seven and had big sky blue eyes. She had a fair complexion and chestnut brown hair. Completely different from his ex-wife, which was a good thing.

Beau smiled at Max. Obviously noticing the way Max couldn't take his eyes off Krista. “Captain Max Rawlins this is Sergeant Krista Stern. Sergeant Krista Stern this is our ever loving boss man, Captain Maxwell Rawlins.”

Neither of them moved and Krista knew she was in serious trouble here. She'd seen handsome men before but these two put all others to shame. Captain Rawlins stood a good six foot five, had blond hair and startling green eyes. What was it with these two having eyes that could cause heart failure with a simple look?

Beau cleared his throat, trying to keep the laughter from boiling over. Max had the look of a deer caught in headlights. Oh yeah, he couldn't wait to talk to Sim. He had an idea, “Krista, my wife Simone would love to meet you. We would like you to join us at our house for dinner this evening.”

Krista stared at him with what she was sure was a look of shock. “You would?” When he nodded she smiled. “Of course. I'd love to meet your wife and children.” Without thinking she turned to Max. “Will you be there as well?”

Max nodded, “Yes, I'll be there. Usually when my son Tyler goes over there after school, I go over after work and end up having dinner with them.” For some reason he didn't understand he felt it necessary to let her know he was single. “I'm a single parent. Ty's mother and I divorced when he was eight. He's fifteen now.”

He shot Beau a nasty look when Beau coughed. “Is there a problem Beauregard?” He knew Beau didn't like being called that except by Simone or his mom or dad.

“No Maxwell, no problem. Shall we get down to business or would you like to trade life histories with Krista?” Beau said as he sat down.

“Point taken Beau.” Max motioned to the other chair and watched as Krista sat down. God, she moved like a woman, smelled like a woman and even seemed to come off as fragile. But he knew better. Beneath that womanly exterior she was a tough as nails law enforcement officer.

He took his seat and looked at Krista, “I've read your file and I must say that I'm very impressed. You've proven yourself time and again in tough situations.” He paused and leaned forward until his elbows were resting on his desk. “There's something that I must ask you and I don't want you to take this personally. I know about your divorce and how tough that was for you. I know from your former boss that you now tend to be wary of men and not trust them. Is that going to be a problem?”

She sighed, she knew this would come up. “I may not trust men Captain Rawlins. But that is only in affairs of the heart. If I didn't trust all men, I'd never work with men who carry a gun to cover my ass when it's called for. So no sir, work and what happened before and during my divorce never come together. I'll be a team player and give you all that I have and you'll never once have to question if you can trust me to cover your ass when I need to.”

Lainey
February 15th, 2008, 01:54 AM
YEAH Liadan..

very good and yep Krista you got your nod in there too and well Max and Beau are special to me too as L-2 knows so keep it coming and I will keep on helping too.

Hugs,
L-1 aka Lainey:whoohoo: :notworthy: goodpostsmilies Bouncy Icon Smilie

sabby07
February 15th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Great Job!!!! I will be picking this up LOL:jump:

Liadan
February 15th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Thanks L-1 and Sabby! 'll definitely let everyone know if this one gets picked up by a publisher as well.

Dani
February 15th, 2008, 05:19 PM
WooHoo Liadan!! This book better get picked up too because I really want to read all of it. Bouncy Icon Smilie

sabby07
February 15th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Yes this story needs to be picked up! So when it is, you need to post the release date.Bouncy Icon Smilie

Liadan
February 15th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Once this story is finished I'll be submitting to Champagne as they have the first book in the Ranger series. I'm thinking there is going to be a third book but not quite sure if it will Tyler's or Rich's.

Dani
February 15th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Sounds good Liadan. I'll have to pick up the first Ranger book soon, so I can be ready for the next one.

Liadan
February 16th, 2008, 12:12 AM
Okay, I'm stuck. I've gotten over 6K written and now I'm at a point where I can throw in some action or carry the story along all normal like. I need some opinions on which way I should go.

Dani
February 16th, 2008, 12:20 AM
I say throw in some action. It can't hurt. :biggrin:

Liadan
February 16th, 2008, 12:27 AM
Thank you D! So I'm thinking a scenario where someone just misses getting hit by a bullet. Is that actiony enough? Is actiony even a word?

God my brain is fried.:duh:

Dani
February 16th, 2008, 12:55 AM
Oh yeah! That's great. I think you just made up a word, but that's cool, actiony works for this. :whistle:

Liadan
February 16th, 2008, 01:02 AM
Actiony! Do you think you can get points for that in Scrabble?:smartass:

Dani
February 16th, 2008, 01:03 AM
Hmmmm, maybe if you can get everyone to believe that it's a real word. Laugh it Up fuzball

Liadan
February 16th, 2008, 01:07 AM
Okay, new Scrabble rule. If you are an author you get to use the word actiony and get points for it.:clap:

Dani
February 16th, 2008, 01:16 AM
Laugh it Up fuzball

That's a good one! Hmmm, guess I'll have to write something and be considered and author to use that now!

Liadan
February 16th, 2008, 01:32 AM
Actiony should be worth about 500 points. Get writing D! Even if it's just a one page pamphlet. LOL!

sabby07
February 16th, 2008, 11:55 AM
sure actiony is a word! and I thing you get tripple points for the use of the letter y!:whistle:

Liadan
February 17th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Update - Well I've gotten quite a bit written and Krista is turning out to a bit more stubborn than I first thought she was. But she's strong enough to stand up to one hard headed man. She's fun to write and I love it when that happens with a character.

On another note... book three in the series was banging on my head with an iron skillet. So I've written a short 2500 words on that one. Just enough to keep Ty from bashing my head in. He's just as stubborn as his dad Max.

Dani
February 19th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Sounds like he wants his story told first. LOL!

Liadan
February 19th, 2008, 05:14 PM
I'm going to make him pout a bit. He has to wait until his dad's story is done first.