PDA

View Full Version : Not Forgotten

syrenity
February 17th, 2008, 02:06 PM
I, like everyone else, am agog at the new series, but I can't bear to see this one languishing unnoticed. Without this particular book, I'd have overlooked Yasmine's works for a long time!

My older son was an over the road truck driver. One thing we did right for the boy, he is a voracious reader! He carried bags of books with him, and would still run out. On one long trip, in desperate need of something to read, he found MUAMM and bought it, along with a bunch of others. Most of the other books ended in the Goodwill pile, but he brought this one to me and said, "Hey, Mom, I think you'll like this one." The kid was soo right! I read it and did like it! I liked it so much, I started a search for the others in the series and devoured them! That also led me to Yasmine's forums and I have basically tagged along ever since.

I have a soft spot for Emerald and Joe. I understand why they have had to retire...but they will always hold a special spot in my heart.

smilie_colors1.gif

Huggles
syrenity

Yasmine Galenorn
February 18th, 2008, 05:12 PM
I, like everyone else, am agog at the new series, but I can't bear to see this one languishing unnoticed. Without this particular book, I'd have overlooked Yasmine's works for a long time!

My older son was an over the road truck driver. One thing we did right for the boy, he is a voracious reader! He carried bags of books with him, and would still run out. On one long trip, in desperate need of something to read, he found MUAMM and bought it, along with a bunch of others. Most of the other books ended in the Goodwill pile, but he brought this one to me and said, "Hey, Mom, I think you'll like this one." The kid was soo right! I read it and did like it! I liked it so much, I started a search for the others in the series and devoured them! That also led me to Yasmine's forums and I have basically tagged along ever since.

I have a soft spot for Emerald and Joe. I understand why they have had to retire...but they will always hold a special spot in my heart.

smilie_colors1.gif

Huggles
syrenity

*grins* At least I left them in a good space and didn't kill anybody off! Seriously, I am proud of this series, but it's just not one that was doing me much good in terms of making a living. And that counts when I spend 50-70 hours a week working. I wouldn't automatically say 'no' to another CC book, but it would have to be a one-time thing and I'd have to get a great contract for it, and I just don't see the latter happening, to be honest.

Emerald was a lot of fun--I wish I'd been able to take the books into more of a paranormal realm, which is what I really wanted to do. (I'm not really a mystery-oriented person without a whole lot of supernatural stuff going on around it).

Yasmine smilie_colors1.gif

hollie
February 18th, 2008, 05:37 PM
HI Syrenity, welcome to CTR :welcome1:

syrenity
February 18th, 2008, 07:13 PM
*grins* At least I left them in a good space and didn't kill anybody off! Seriously, I am proud of this series, but it's just not one that was doing me much good in terms of making a living. And that counts when I spend 50-70 hours a week working. I wouldn't automatically say 'no' to another CC book, but it would have to be a one-time thing and I'd have to get a great contract for it, and I just don't see the latter happening, to be honest.

Emerald was a lot of fun--I wish I'd been able to take the books into more of a paranormal realm, which is what I really wanted to do. (I'm not really a mystery-oriented person without a whole lot of supernatural stuff going on around it).

Yasmine smilie_colors1.gif

I totally understand where you are coming from. A series has to be able to make its own way. Emerald and crew were fun, and they introduced me to your writing. I'm glad they were there.....but hey, the present and the future look GREAT and I'm sold on the Sisters! And, yep, I dug the supernatural aspects of Emerald's life so much more than the 'norm' stuff around her!

So, no regrets on Emerald......the books remain a fun read to while away a few blah hours!

Huggles
Syrenity

syrenity
February 18th, 2008, 07:15 PM
HI Syrenity, welcome to CTR :welcome1:

Hi Hollie, and thank you for the welcome. Looks like a verra interesting spot.

Huggles
Syrenity