PDA

View Full Version : Contest!!!!

Liadan
February 17th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Contest Time!!!

Be a character in Tyler's story!

I need your help! I'm having trouble thinking of a title for Ty's book. If you win, you'll become a major secondary character in the story.

Brief description:

Tyler is an officer in the Shreveport Police department. He gets a call to come home because of a death in the 'family'. Tyler is the son of Max whom we meet in Reunited By Murder. But when he gets home, he doesn't expect to be pulled into the search for the killers.

If you all need more info, please post here. Email your entries to liadanbrodie@gmail.com please put in the subject line, Ty's Contest.

Good Luck!!!

Liadan
February 18th, 2008, 01:43 AM
Decided to give you all a peek at Ty's book. Remember this is unedited so please forgive misspellings and mistakes.

Tyler was about to respond when the door opened and Captain Grant walked in. Every officer in the room started to stand but he waved them back to their seats. “Rawlins, I need to see you in my office.”

Ty had no clue what this was about. He didn't like the sinking feeling in his gut either. “I'll be there after morning briefing sir.”

Captain Grant shook his head, “No Rawlins, now.” He left the room.

“What the hell did you do? He never calls anyone in his office before briefing.” Cass whispered as she leaned close to him.

He caught a whiff of her perfume and fought the urge to close his eyes and moan. He knew it'd been a bad idea when they'd partnered him with her. She was a beautiful woman and tougher than steel when it came to her job. She was also the only one who knew his life history. They were friends but lately he'd been tempted to take it one step further.

“I didn't do anything... at least I don't think I did.” He stood up and left the room to meet his fate.

Tyler knocked on the Captain's door and waited for permission to enter. When he heard the muffled 'come in Rawlins', he opened the door. He knew the minute he looked at the captain's face that something was terribly wrong and he fought the urge to throw up. God please don't let it be dad.

“Sit down Rawlins.” Captain Grant motioned to a chair in front of his desk. He leaned forward and put his elbows on the table and sighed. “I've got some bad news son. I hate this part of the job but sometimes there's no other way around it.”

Tyler audibly gulped, “It's not my father is it sir?”

Karenne
February 18th, 2008, 12:38 PM
ohh that helps. Now I have to go and get coffee so that I can jump start my brain!

Thanks Liadan

Liadan
February 18th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Yes even you can enter Karenne!

Liadan
February 18th, 2008, 10:50 PM
I apologize. I neglected to mention that the other two books are titled Reunited By Murder - out in September from Champagne Books and Ranger's Romance.:cowboy:

Karenne
February 19th, 2008, 10:48 AM
that does help. Thanks Liadan!

PS..this is hard!

Dani
February 19th, 2008, 03:49 PM
WooHoo! I'm gonna think about this on my way to get my son. Maybe I'll be able to think of something good! ;)

hollie
February 23rd, 2008, 04:53 PM
can't wait to read it all i've got loads of questions about the story but i got a feeling you not going to answer lol. so i'm going to think for a bit then when i have a head ache just guess .

Liadan
February 23rd, 2008, 11:03 PM
Go ahead and ask. If I can answer without giving too much away, I will.

hollie
February 25th, 2008, 03:03 PM
that would be my problem but i'll work it out

Dani
March 8th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Man, my title entry is tied with another on the polls. If I was bad that way I'd say what my title is and have people vote for it, but I'm a fair person, so I won't do that. I wanna win though, so the thought has crossed my mind, but I haven't!! You know what's funny is that I hadn't even told anyone that I entered.Laugh it Up fuzball

hollie
March 8th, 2008, 05:47 PM
i've already voted but i didn't enter

Dani
March 8th, 2008, 07:07 PM
After it's over I'll tell ya which one was my title. :biggrin:

hollie
March 8th, 2008, 07:12 PM
when does it end ?

Dani
March 8th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Tomorrow I believe.

hollie
March 8th, 2008, 07:20 PM
fingers crossed for you then

Liadan
March 8th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Actually the poll closes tonight at midnight. But it looks like we are going to have a tie breaker poll next.

hollie
March 8th, 2008, 07:21 PM
oh well i'll vote again

Dani
March 8th, 2008, 07:22 PM
That's what un-nerves me! A tie breaker.

My opinion, I don't really like the other title because from what I can glean from the information it just doesn't sound like the book, but again it's my opinion.

Liadan
March 8th, 2008, 07:24 PM
It shouldn't unnerve you Dani! Just means that you came up with an awesome title.:notworthy:

hollie
March 8th, 2008, 07:25 PM
now i know which was yours Dani

Dani
March 8th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Yeah, but it might not win. That's why it unnerves me.

Dani
March 8th, 2008, 07:26 PM
now i know which was yours Dani
You do? From that little bit?

hollie
March 8th, 2008, 07:28 PM
great minds think alike

Liadan
March 8th, 2008, 10:08 PM
Oh Dani! Looks like there may not be a tie breaker. Someone has gone into the lead.

Dani
March 8th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Oh boy. I'm kinda afraid to look.

Note: Okay, so I looked!! :)

Liadan
March 8th, 2008, 10:39 PM
I knew you couldn't resist.:tt2:

Dani
March 8th, 2008, 11:36 PM
:tt2:

Laugh it Up fuzball

Liadan
March 9th, 2008, 12:50 AM
Ten minutes and counting!:devil::devil::devil:

Liadan
March 9th, 2008, 01:08 AM
Tyler's Torment. :whoohoo:

Dani
March 9th, 2008, 01:38 AM
WooHoo, I WON!!!!smilies/champagne2.g

CheerleaderGo me, go me, it's my birthday, it's my birthday!! Bouncy Icon Smilie :jump:

Thank you Liadan and everyone that voted!! :notworthy: smilies/fam03.gif

Boy do I feel better now. Laugh it Up fuzball :thewave:

Liadan
March 9th, 2008, 03:45 AM
Congrats Dani! I can't wait to write your character. She's going to be a load of laughs I'm sure.:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

hollie
March 9th, 2008, 04:43 PM
smilies/dancingspots well done Dani if your in it it will be a brillient story

Dani
March 9th, 2008, 10:17 PM
I can't wait to see what you write!! :clap:

Thank you Hollie!! Even if I wasn't going to be in it, I'm sure it would still be brilliant. :biggrin:

Liadan
March 9th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Aw shucks Dani! Now you're making me blush.

But thank you for the encouragement.

Dani
March 10th, 2008, 12:16 AM
That's what I'm here for Lia! HugMe

hollie
March 11th, 2008, 03:34 PM
I can't wait to see what you write!! :clap:

Thank you Hollie!! Even if I wasn't going to be in it, I'm sure it would still be brilliant. :biggrin:

i know it will i didn't mean that i'm looking forward to both books