PDA

View Full Version : Brag Time for Hobbies (February 19th)

Karenne
February 20th, 2008, 12:35 AM
Okay...I think it is time for boosting morale and bragging about what we are working on.

So if you have something you are crochetting, knitting, woodworking, drawing, etc. Take a picture, share it here, and tell us what you are doing and why!

NeedleworkHappy

Karenne
February 20th, 2008, 12:56 AM

This is a blanket I am working on for my friend (church and neighbor and almost brother) first grandbaby.

I am soooo crossing my fingers that I get it done in time for the birth...or preschool...or college.

It is a cable and crown pattern knitted

Dani
February 20th, 2008, 01:40 AM
Oh wow! That is so beautiful!!! :notworthy:

You put me to shame woman. I need to go hide my head and not come back out until I can knit better. Laugh it Up fuzball

Maura Anderson
February 20th, 2008, 03:41 AM
Here's a picture of a necklace I made a bit back - it's actually now the prize for this month's newsletter subscriber drawing.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s169/realmsoftheraven/CandyCaneNecklaceSmall.jpg

It's made of Japanese delica beads and a spiraling Ndeble stitch.

hollie
February 20th, 2008, 10:17 AM
i'm not working on anything at the moment but i want to do another rug when i finish this last assignment for college

Dani
February 20th, 2008, 02:16 PM
That's very beautiful Maura. How did you learn do it?

Maura Anderson
February 20th, 2008, 03:28 PM
I learned to make jewelry many years ago and have always been fascinated by what you can make from a bunch of little beads. I think I learned that stitch from a book. :)

I make chain mail jewelry, too :)

I should pimp the contest before it closes....

sabby07
February 20th, 2008, 07:04 PM
BEAUTIFUL!!! you both are so talented. I am not crafting anything right now I go in spurts crafting/reading/ect I have been in reading mode for a bit now

maura
March 25th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Beautiful Karenne, I have been so lazy, I have an afghan half finished, but the new puppy and husband take up all my weekends.

maura
March 25th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Beautiful Karenne

Betty_Hanawa
March 25th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Lovely afghan, Karenne. I crochet. Recently I finished a purse for a friend. It's made of the ring tabs from soda cans. http://lh5.google.com/betty.hanawa/R-muI-kwiUI/AAAAAAAABDc/6cDi3LSpths/s144/002.JPG.jpg