PDA

View Full Version : Wild Child

Shelley Munro
February 29th, 2008, 10:51 PM
http://www.shelleymunro.com/wp-content/wildchild200x300.jpg

Blurb:

Zoë Underwood loves Matt Cantrell. Over the years her feelings for him have grown stronger, bigger. More. No one presses buttons on her sexual libido like the tall, dark and gorgeous Matt. He’s definitely the one for her.
When they first met the age difference was a problem. Now geographical distance keeps them apart. And then there’s Matt’s insistence that they should have a platonic relationship—that they should be friends only. A stupid idea. Surely Matt can feel the sensual sizzle between them whenever they’re in the same room, feel the heat when their eyes meet.

Zoë is determined to snare her man. She wants one thing—Matt’s love. It’s time for her to make a move, stir things up a little and take a chance on love.

EXCERPT

“Wake up, sleepyhead.” Zoë held a steaming cup of coffee under Matt’s nose, moving it back and forth. On the odd occasion he had stayed in Auckland, he hadn’t coped with mornings. Didn’t look like that had changed. His chin was covered with dark stubble and there were shadows under his eyes. The leather couch looked comfy. Guilt assailed her for an instant before she forced it away. She had adult feelings for him. She was an adult. It was time to stop running.

She set the coffee aside and shook his bare shoulder.

“Hey,” he murmured in a husky voice. His arms curled around her neck, tugging her down on his chest.

A smirk curved her mouth. Nope, he hadn’t changed. He still took a long time to get going in the mornings.

He nuzzled her neck, then kissed a path across her jawline toward her mouth. Her heart thudded erratically against her ribs as their lips connected. Her tummy quivered. No way was she about to act the outraged virgin when his sinful lips were finally nibbling hers. Quashing the traitorous thought that told her she was taking advantage, she decided to use every weapon in her arsenal to win this battle.

His tongue stroked across her lips, and she eagerly opened her mouth. Their tongues stroked together and the kiss quickly became wet. Carnal.

Zoë sensed the exact moment he woke. His arms stiffened. His lips stopped moving, and he shoved her away so quickly she fell off the cream couch to the floor. She stared at him in a reproachful manner, slowly climbed to her feet, and rubbed her butt. “That wasn’t very nice.”

“What the devil are you doing?”

“I brought you coffee.” She gestured at the cup of coffee on the low, glass-topped table. “You were the one who grabbed me.” She turned a fraction to pick up the mug. The shirt she wore rode up to reveal the lower cheeks of her bare ass.

“Go put on a robe,” he snapped.

She suppressed a grin. Ooh, this was fun. She didn’t think she’d ever seen him so rattled. Apart from that one time when she’d kissed him after opening her birthday present. He’d gone as stiff as a garden rake. All of him. A giggle erupted. Oops. Bad timing. She wanted to show her new sophistication not remind him of her lack of years.

“It’s too hot for a robe. I didn’t think you’d mind if I borrowed a T-shirt. Do you have any boxer shorts I can wear?”

His blue eyes widened. His gaze drifted up and down her body.

She straightened and stuck out her chest. A late bloomer, she’d done a lot of growing after he had left.

His gaze lingered on her breasts, and her nipples tightened to pointy crests.

“When you look at me like that, I can feel it right here.” She wantonly touched her breasts, delicately tracing across her fabric-covered nipples. “And down here.” She cupped her mound.

“Mum and John asked if it was okay for you to stay here with me.”

Her hand jerked from her body as though an icy-cold glass of water had hit, cooling her skin too rapidly. Thinking about parents and Matt in the same sentence wasn’t going to help this relationship progress. That was part of the reason she’d come over to invade his territory.

“What did you say when they asked you to let me stay?” she asked, watching him closely so she didn’t miss a single nuance.

He stood with a loud sigh. “I didn’t have any option. I said ‘yes’.”

Buy link - http://www.newconceptspublishing.com/wildchild.htm

Dani
March 1st, 2008, 12:42 AM
Hmmmm, this is piquing my interest. I need to find out more now.

CharmedGirl
March 3rd, 2008, 01:05 AM
Another great excerpt Shelley. The one I've already read on your website was excellent.

CharmedGirl
September 4th, 2008, 07:06 PM
I finally got this book and Zoe definitely is a Wild Child and Matt's old girlfriend Marissa is a total cow.

hollie
September 5th, 2008, 12:05 PM
I have this book it's brillient

Shelley Munro
September 5th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Thank you both!! I rather like Zoe.

Shelley

hollie
September 6th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Zoe is my biggest fear as the mum of a teenage girl

Dani
September 6th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Thank God I don't have a girl! Laugh it Up fuzball

hollie
September 6th, 2008, 06:06 PM
you can have mine if you want i'll put air holes in a box and post her to you

Dani
September 6th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Sure send her on! My son's bound to give her a run for her money. LOL!

hollie
September 7th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Laugh it Up fuzball we'll see just remember she has 3 younger brothers there isn't much a boy can do to her she hasn't already got an answer for

Dani
September 7th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Well good then, she can whip him into shape. Then again he may surprize her. :biggrin:

CharmedGirl
September 8th, 2008, 06:21 AM
Zoe is my biggest fear as the mum of a teenage girl

There's a bit of a wild child in every girl. Hmm spilling wild child stories that could be fun. LOL

klmc37
September 12th, 2008, 09:10 AM
LOL. You guys are too much.

Loved the excerpt Shelley.

Kimmyl

Shelley Munro
September 15th, 2008, 04:34 PM
LOL - this is one of the times when I'm glad I don't have children :-)
I remember all the mischief I used to get up to. No wonder my mother was prematurely grey!!

Shelley

redstar28
September 15th, 2008, 06:56 PM
i actually read this one and LOVED it its on my keeper pile and gets reread often!

Shelley Munro
September 16th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Thanks so much! I'm glad you enjoyed Wild Child. For some reason it seems to be a story that readers either love or hate. I'm glad you're in the "love" category. :-)

Shelley

Dani
September 16th, 2008, 05:40 PM
People really hate this book? That's weird, but not unheard of. There was a book that I read the blurb to and figured out everything without having to read the book which really stunk. Now that was a bad book!

Shelley Munro
September 20th, 2008, 06:24 PM
I think the stepbrother/stepsister thing freaked a few people out even though it was very clear the characters weren't related.

Shelley

CharmedGirl
September 20th, 2008, 08:57 PM
I think the stepbrother/stepsister thing freaked a few people out even though it was very clear the characters weren't related.

Shelley

They're not related by blood so people shouldn't have a problem.

Dani
September 20th, 2008, 10:38 PM

Shelley
I could see that bothering some, but it didn't bother me when I read the blurb of it.

In fact, I had a friend that was dating a guy and her mother and his father ended up dating (I think they even got married too), so I had experience with this before. I also remember seeing this happen on the movie Clueless.

Shelley Munro
September 21st, 2008, 11:12 PM
I actually subbed it to EC first and they rejected it because of the stepbrother/stepsister thing.

Charmed - I have to agree. If there was a blood relationship I'd have a huge problem with the storyline.

Shelley