PDA

View Full Version : Couple of ideas :-)

MadisonChase
September 21st, 2006, 10:22 AM
You asked, so don't say I didn't warn you. LOL

I've seen some boards that have a "points" system to encourage participation. Various prizes are given like custom blinkies (have I mentioned I'm a new blinkie fan?!), goodies, or advertising slots. One place let you have a customized title. I want to be Romance Goddess. ;)

How about a space for authors to host a day or week here? Or author groups? Or Publishers, for that matter. Not something that they'd do forever, just an event that would attract readers and authors for a day or a week. Maybe draw more people to the boards?

Ok, I'm out of ideas. I need lunch. :)

Love,
Madison

Karenne
September 21st, 2006, 06:44 PM
oh honey! I love you..keep talking!!!!

MadisonChase
September 25th, 2006, 11:44 AM
You already have them up but I like the promo board. I also like the poll thing. How about a free read or something that authors readers could contribute to? Or maybe instead of/in additon to a promo board a list of authors/books? Make them list themselves though. LOL

Karenne
September 25th, 2006, 10:28 PM
hmm...I think you need to expound a little for..the small brained ones (ME) on that posting the authors/books. Please????:pinch:

MadisonChase
October 3rd, 2006, 01:47 PM
Here's another idea... I looked real quick but I didn't see it. RSS... so we could get an RSS feed of new messages or the calendar, etc.

Karenne
October 3rd, 2006, 02:21 PM
where do you come up with this stuff? (bows in your amazement)

Lainey
October 29th, 2006, 01:42 AM
yeppers like the customized titles that would be fun too and each author could think up something fun maybe too ..... all good suggestions and I like the idea of other or off topic forum too other than just books but anecdotes or fun things ... keeps it light and fun besides the other stuff about books, writing, reviewing and authors since they might have fun stuff they want to bring to the boards too, we are all just people and can be fun. I hope hehe.

Karenne
January 1st, 2007, 04:36 PM
Okay...we have an RSS feed on the new Tool Bar

http://CoffeeTimeRomance.ForumToolbar.com

BUT I need some help with anyone who has more knowledge than I do......(than say a pea).

I love this idea and want to make it happen..just need some help!