PDA

View Full Version : Do You Have Specific Promotional Question

litekepr
March 3rd, 2008, 10:40 AM
What are some of your promotional questions? This is a chance to get your questions on the table and to brainstorm ways to promote your books better.

Nikki Leigh

bctrissel
March 4th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Hi Nikki,

I am soon to be published with the Wild Rose Press. I have a website and participate in a blog, am a member of several writing organizatons, what are some of the next steps I should be thinking of in promoting my book. It will come out first as an E-pub and then go to print.

Thanks,

Beth

litekepr
March 4th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Hi Nikki,

I am soon to be published with the Wild Rose Press. I have a website and participate in a blog, am a member of several writing organizatons, what are some of the next steps I should be thinking of in promoting my book. It will come out first as an E-pub and then go to print.

Thanks,

Beth

On your blog and website, be sure that you're using the right keywords -- what words would people put in a search engine to find you? Those need to be used on your website and blog - in the headings and titles is best.

Also, start crafting your press release(s) to announce your book release now. That will give you time to tweak it and get it right - then circulate it to local media and the free online sites. You can also host touring authors for me to get more exposure for your blog :) There's much more, but that will get you started. Something new I'm doing are podcast interviews - these can be posted on your website, blog and social networks to give people more info about you and give them a chance to hear your voice :)

Nikki Leigh

Nikki

bctrissel
March 4th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Thanks! A lot to ponder.