PDA

View Full Version : What are you reading? - What's for dinner?

Shelley Munro
March 5th, 2008, 03:39 PM
I'm busy with edits at the moment, but while I'm working how about telling me what book you're reading at the moment and what book you want to buy next.

I could always do with some more books on my to-buy list!

Also - what's for dinner tonight? I can't think what to have...

Shelley

Karenne
March 5th, 2008, 05:41 PM
at my house...we are having grilled salmon and spinach salad (with bacon and purple onions)

:huepfen017:

Dani
March 5th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Let's see, we're having what ever is in the fridge (for me that means Greek potato salad...Yum). LOL! I fixed my son Mac n Cheese, so he's very happy.

My reading material starting tonight is Witch Blood by Anya Bast. I just finished MaryJanice Davidson's new anthology called Dead Over Heels. It was great. There are three stories in the book are Undead and Wed (a Betsy short), Survivors (based in Fred the mermaid world) and Speed Dating, Werewolf Style Or, Ow, I Think You Broke the Bone (a Wyndham Werewolf story). They were all great novellas! There's a sneak peek at the new Betsy book Undead and Unworthy (the first 2 chapters) and it promises to be a great read! I'm so excited about it now. Bouncy Icon Smilie

CharmedGirl
March 5th, 2008, 09:26 PM
I have no idea what's for dinner tonight. I'll have to decide what I'm making. LOL

As for reading I'm rereading A Kiss of Shadows by Laurell K Hamilton because I'm waiting on books I ordered online to arrive.

Shelley Munro
March 9th, 2008, 10:26 PM
And now a few days later, I'm still wondering what to have for dinner! It's really hot today so I'm thinking salad...

Shelley

Dani
March 9th, 2008, 10:32 PM
It's cold here because of the rain we've gotten this past week, so we had chili tonight.

sabby07
March 10th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Its hot here today we went swimming yesterday. Let's see being the domestic goddess that I am we will probably be having chicken and rice tonight. As far as reading (looks at my tbr pile and sighs) I know I want to read everything in that pile but have you ever had a time when nothing jumps out at you and screams "READ ME" ? I am having one of those weeks grrrrrrr... I have a ton of YA stuff to read but I'm not really in that mood. I think I need to go back to bed and start my day over! Can I get a re-do? LOLsmilies/bluebutterfl

Dani
March 10th, 2008, 02:46 PM
I've been having that feeling Sabby! I know your pain. LOL!

hollie
March 11th, 2008, 06:19 PM
i can't believe you lot are talking about hot weather i still want to hibanate most mornings

Kristin Lawrence
March 11th, 2008, 09:06 PM
I'm with you, hollie. It was 5 degrees here this morning.

We had hamburgers for dinner tonight - easy treat for the kids, who behaved so nicely for daddy while mommy was at work all day.

sabby07
March 11th, 2008, 09:07 PM
on Friday its supposed to be 88 here

Shelley Munro
March 12th, 2008, 02:22 PM
If it's any consolation, it's getting cooler here in NZ. Sometimes I need a vest when I take the dog for a walk in the morning.

Reading slump - isn't it terrible when you have a pile of books in the to-read pile and can't find anything to read! I hate that.

For paranormal lovers - have any of you read Unshapely Things by Mark Del Franco. It's a little bit different with a druid hero. It's not a romance - more urban fantasy. Here's a quick blurb:

In the alleys of the decrepit Boston neighborhood known as the Weird, fairy prostitutes are turning up dead. The crime scenes show signs of residual magic, but the Guild, which polices the fey, has more "important" crimes to investigate and dumps the case on human law enforcement. Boston police call in Conner Grey, a druid and former hotshot Guild investigator-whose magical abilities were crippled after a run-in with a radical environmentalist elf. As Connor battles red tape and his own shortcomings, he realizes that the murders are not random, but part of an ancient magical ritual. And if Connor can't figure out the killer's M.O., the culmination of the spell might just bring about a worldwide cataclysm.

This is the first book in the series. The next book, which I haven't read yet is called Unquiet Dreams.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
March 12th, 2008, 02:26 PM
I've also been reading YA recently. I've just finished I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You by Ally Carter. It's about a group of girls who attend a spy girl. I enjoyed it, apart from the ending. I'll probably pick up the next in the series when it comes out.

This book has been optioned for a Disney movie.

Shelley

PS - I had pasta for dinner. Rigatoni with a tomato, mushroom and spinach sauce.

hollie
March 12th, 2008, 03:05 PM
its really windy here and we're having chinese and i'm reading Darkling which i've been waiting for for mths

Dani
March 12th, 2008, 10:49 PM
For paranormal lovers - have any of you read Unshapely Things by Mark Del Franco. It's a little bit different with a druid hero. It's not a romance - more urban fantasy. Here's a quick blurb:

In the alleys of the decrepit Boston neighborhood known as the Weird, fairy prostitutes are turning up dead. The crime scenes show signs of residual magic, but the Guild, which polices the fey, has more "important" crimes to investigate and dumps the case on human law enforcement. Boston police call in Conner Grey, a druid and former hotshot Guild investigator-whose magical abilities were crippled after a run-in with a radical environmentalist elf. As Connor battles red tape and his own shortcomings, he realizes that the murders are not random, but part of an ancient magical ritual. And if Connor can't figure out the killer's M.O., the culmination of the spell might just bring about a worldwide cataclysm.

This is the first book in the series. The next book, which I haven't read yet is called Unquiet Dreams.

Shelley
I am so glad you mentioned this book. I've been looking at Unquiet Dreams and it looks like a good read, but I didn't know if it was a first book or what and I kept forgetting to look it up. LOL!

Shelley Munro
March 15th, 2008, 12:50 AM
Kristin,

I betcha' Daddy was relieved at the good behavior. ;)

Shelley

Shelley Munro
March 15th, 2008, 12:51 AM
Dani,

I'm reading Unquiet Dreams at the moment. I'll let you know how I like it.

Shelley