PDA

View Full Version : What Mischief is Shelley up to?

Shelley Munro
March 9th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Well, firstly I've stolen Rob's thread and put it here. My conscience isn't too bad because I have it on good authority that he stole it from someone else first. smilies/bump.gif

I'm currently working on Middlemarch book six and I'm deep in Middlemarch with shifters, cops and jewel robbers. That's as much as I'm saying!

I'm also doing the Sweat with Sven challenge. I didn't have a good week writing-wise last week since I needed to stop to complete edits, but I'm back on target again.

Oh, and I'm exercising heaps, which is good, although hubby made some cookies yesterday. Can you say yum?

What mischief are you up to?

Shelley

Shelley Munro
March 22nd, 2008, 05:06 AM
I'm actually taking a few days off and not doing any writing over Easter.

What is everyone doing for Easter?

Shelley

Jennifer Shirk
March 24th, 2008, 03:06 PM
I went to my mom's for Easter. So no cooking for me this year. Yay! (It's nice to have a break):detective:

The kiddie is on spring break now, so I'm cleaning the house and getting little things in order. I guess it's about time. :laundry: LOL!

Shelley Munro
March 25th, 2008, 04:11 AM
Jennifer - if you feel in the mood you can head down to NZ and tackle my housework for me. Sigh - not my favorite thing!

Shelley

Shelley Munro
March 25th, 2008, 04:12 AM
Iíve had all of Easter off. No writing, although I did think about stuff and made a plan for the rest of the year, which is unheard of and another topic entirely.

Today it was time to get back to work. I donít wanna do it!! I have procrastinated big time. I read my email and took care of correspondence. I took the dog for a walk. I had breakfast and made the mistake of turning on my PDA - just to read a chapter of Lorelei Jamesí latest book you understand. Yikes!! Iím going gunniní for that lady. She writes an awesome book. One chapter turned into several. The news came on. Aghast, I realized it was ten oíclock. Okay, time to start work. But did I? No, itís such a nice day I went for a bike ride. Now Iím back and Iím blogging. Oh dear!

I am gonna work today. I am! Except I need a shower firstÖ
If youíre looking for ways to procrastinate tomorrow pop over to my blog (http://www.shelleymunro.com/blog) and say hello to my guest Amanda Ashby. Amanda is giving away a copy of her paranormal You Had Me At Halo. Itís a great book and was awarded a 4 1/2 star Top Pick by Romantic Times.

Emily Ryan-Davis is having a List Mom day at the Elloraís Cave readerís list tomorrow. She and Cara Carnes are all about kisses. It sounds like fun.

What are your favorite ways to procrastinate?

Shelley Munro
April 2nd, 2008, 03:33 PM
I've just finished a writing binge and have completed the first draft of my next Middlemarch Mates book. Yesterday I started writing Leticia's story, the character I introduced in Stray Cat Strut.

Today at my blog (http://www.shelleymunro.com/blog) I have a guest. Christina Phillips is an aspiring writer and she's talking about her adventures. It's a great post so come over and say hello. Readers, stop by and say hi, and you'll go into a draw to win a download of Scarlet Woman.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
April 14th, 2008, 05:22 PM
I've been hiding in my writing cave a lot recently, and it looks like I'm going to set up camp in there for a while. I need to complete two books before I leave on holiday at the end of July.

Release news: Wanderlust is out from Cerridwen Press on 17 April. I can't wait for this book to come out. Read an excerpt here (http://www.shelleymunro.com/books/wanderlust).

The contest to win a download of Wanderlust is still going and you have a couple of days to enter. Go here (http://www.shelleymunro.com/contest) for details.

Have a fun week!

Shelley

Dani
April 14th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Sounds like you're going to be super busy then because before you know it your holiday will be here.

Shelley Munro
April 17th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Yes, the time passes so quickly! Our holiday will be here before I know it!

Shelley

Shelley Munro
April 17th, 2008, 06:56 PM
My latest release, Wanderlust is out today. I'm very excited about this book since I put so much of myself into it. Not that I'm going to tell you which bits - you'll have to work it out for yourself! You can buy your copy here (http://www.cerridwenpress.com/productpage.asp?ISBN=9781419913891).

The Winner in my Wanderlust contest was Diana Daniels. Congratulations Diana. I've emailed you.

Have a great day,

Shelley

Koshkalady
April 17th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Ohhh, who stars in this Middlemarch Book???

Bouncy Icon Smilie :kittydance: readingbookfast

Tara S Nichols
April 17th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Ok, I was all like, yeah, yeah, editing, got it, good good, what- cookies! YOUR HUSBAND made you cookies? Where'd you get one of those cookie making husbands? Mine used to. I want a cookie making husband.

Shelley Munro
April 18th, 2008, 12:16 AM
Ohhh, who stars in this Middlemarch Book???

Bouncy Icon Smilie :kittydance: readingbookfast

Hi Koshkalady,

This one isn't a Middlemarch book. It's a stand alone romantic suspense and is set in India. But the good news is the next Middlemarch book is arriving at the beginning of August, so it's not long to wait. All going well there should be three more Middlemarch stories coming out fairly quickly after that.

Shelley :-)

Shelley Munro
April 18th, 2008, 12:17 AM
Ok, I was all like, yeah, yeah, editing, got it, good good, what- cookies! YOUR HUSBAND made you cookies? Where'd you get one of those cookie making husbands? Mine used to. I want a cookie making husband.

*grin* I don't know. I'm keeping mine. Cookie making husbands are hard to come by!!

Shelley

hollie
April 18th, 2008, 03:20 PM
mine will do a lot of things but baking is not one of them

Shelley Munro
April 20th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Hollie - my husband loves to cook. For him it's relaxing. I don't mind since he's a great cook. I usually end up cleaning up, but he's not too messy so it all works out!

Shelley

Shelley Munro
April 20th, 2008, 04:07 PM
I had a quiet weekend and didn't do much. Oh, apart from turning everything in the wash a beautiful delicate pink! The new pillowcases - I didn't even think about it when I chucked them into the washing machine.

Shelley

hollie
April 20th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Hollie - my husband loves to cook. For him it's relaxing. I don't mind since he's a great cook. I usually end up cleaning up, but he's not too messy so it all works out!

Shelley

he cooks well we both do he just doesn't bake

I had a quiet weekend and didn't do much. Oh, apart from turning everything in the wash a beautiful delicate pink! The new pillowcases - I didn't even think about it when I chucked them into the washing machine.

Shelley

When i had my 2nd baby we got Jodie a doll from her baby brother it had on this little dark blue dress with tiny tiny red flowers so i washed it with Robs new denim jeans and shirts the hole wash came out this really nice reddy/purple colour this was nearly 11 years ago and he still won't forget it but it means he does most of the washing

Shelley Munro
April 20th, 2008, 04:35 PM
LOL - hubby's boxer shorts are a very pretty pink. I did point out that no one should see them! Hopefully the color will fade with more washing...

Shelley:whistle:

hollie
April 20th, 2008, 04:51 PM
we ended up dying everything black to cover it Innocent?

Shelley Munro
April 27th, 2008, 03:52 AM
Hollie - I was more careful with the washing today and managed to keep everything the correct color!

Mostly I've been hiding in my writing cave this weekend. I'm working on edits for a Middlemarch book, and all going well should get it off to my editor at the end of this week or early next week.

It was ANZAC day on Friday so I made ANZAC biscuits. Here's a photo my husband took for me. He took the photo outside to ensure good light and our little dog wanted to see what was happening.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a23/shelleymunro/ANZACbiscuitsandScotty.jpg

hollie
April 28th, 2008, 06:41 AM
They look yummy but whats ANZAC day?

Shelley Munro
April 30th, 2008, 04:34 AM
ANZAC stands for Australia New Zealand Army Corps. It's a special day in memory of the battle of Gallipoli during WW1, and these days we remember all our fallen. It's a day of commemoration and reflection.

ANZAC biscuits were sent over to the soldiers in care packages during the war, and we still make them today. Very yummy they are, too.

Shelley

CharmedGirl
April 30th, 2008, 05:06 AM
I love going to the ceremonies they have here where I live on Anzac Day but I didn't get to go this year.

hollie
April 30th, 2008, 01:46 PM
we have rememberance day which is 11/11 and there is a national min silence at 11:11am we usually do the ceremonies on the nearest sunday

Gabriele_C
April 30th, 2008, 02:55 PM
That dog looks like, I wonder if it's worth to jump on the table and steal one? :)

hollie
April 30th, 2008, 02:59 PM
:welcome1: to coffee time Gabriele happy to see you here

Shelley Munro
May 8th, 2008, 03:50 PM
LOL - That dog would love to jump on the table to grab the biscuits. She loves to eat but she's quite old and stiff these days. Her mind is willing to jump but not her bones. That's the dog who inspired me in my Talking Dogs series.

Bec - I didn't get to any services this year either since hubby was working. I watched them on telly though.

Gabriele - it's great to see you here!

Hollie - I was sure you had a special day but I couldn't remember what it was called.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
May 8th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Firstly, today I have a special guest at my blog. She's a debut author for Ellora's Cave and is talking about Le Feu Follet, and it's a ghostly tale. I mean the blog post is about a ghost. Her book is a shapeshifter one. :phone:

http://www.shelleymunro.com/blog

I've just sent book six in my Middlemarch Mates series to my editor, so now I'm waiting anxiously to see if she likes it.

I have a release date for Cat and Mouse, book five in the Middlemarch Mates series. It will be out on 1 October.

My next release at Ellora's Cave will be Lovers at Last - a friends to lovers story, which is out on 4 June. I don't have a cover for this story yet, but it's part of the gemstones stories and is a Pearl.

I've sold a book to Samhain Publishing called Tea For Two. This is a contemporary story, set in London. This is my first sale to Samhain, and I'm very excited to join the Samhain family.

And that's about all for me. I'm heading back to the cave since I need to finish book 7 in the Middlemarch series.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
May 12th, 2008, 05:00 PM
I've joined a new group called Danger Zone Authors. We all write adventure and intrigue, some with romance and some without.

Check out our website here (http://www.dangerzoneauthors.com/).

Shelley

hollie
May 12th, 2008, 05:09 PM
that looks cool Shelley

Shelley Munro
May 13th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Thanks, Hollie. It's a great group of writers.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
May 23rd, 2008, 04:07 PM
http://www.dynamicthree.com/blog/wp-content/image-headlines/620d0bd102d8ee076770f968abc857ff.png (http://www.dynamicthree.com/blog/2008/05/23/new-cover-and-contest/)
I have a new cover for Cat and Mouse, the fifth book in my Middlemarch Mates series. It will come out on 1 October from Elloraís Cave. Hereís the blurb:

Every woman has sexual needs. Lana Sinclair, feline shapeshifter and widow, is more than ready for a fun night with a likeminded male. Hot loviní is compulsory because sheís determined to scratch the itch thatís driving her crazy. This time, career-girl Lana is picking a malleable male who wonít try to corral her into the housewife role.

Fellow shifter Duncan Ross is the perfect candidate. The cowboy follows the rodeo circuit and is only in Middlemarch for the bull riding. One night of mutual seduction, slick, naked bodies and pleasure then heíll be on his way.

Duncan is astonished when Lana propositions him, but no one could ever call him stupid. Heís always desired Lana and now that sheís ready for sex, heís all action. Itís time to lasso the woman of his dreams with some sweet loviní and charm, a sexy massage and ropes spliced together with addictive pleasure. Heíll seduce her to his way of thinkingóa permanent arrangement. This is one go-round Duncan is determined to win.

http://www.shelleymunro.com/blog/wp-content/catandmouse200x300.jpg

http://www.dynamicthree.com/blog/wp-content/midnight%20treat%20115x173.jpgIím giving away a copy of Midnight Treat over at Author Island (http://www.authorisland.com/) today - thatís the anthology with Sally Painter, Margaret Carter and me. Make sure you hop on over and enter the contest. The winner will receive a print copy of the anthology just as soon as I get my hands on one. This book hits the shelves on June 10 2008. The contest is only valid for today - 23 May 2008.

Shelley

Dani
June 2nd, 2008, 11:55 PM
Ooooh, Shelley, the cover is awesome! What a hunk of a cowboy. The blurb about the book is great too. Congrats on the cover and getting a release date. Bouncy Icon Smilie

Shelley Munro
October 20th, 2008, 01:25 AM
One trojan virus in my PC and a new laptop later, Iím back in business. I had to dip into my holiday fund to fund the new computer, which is a big pain, but the new laptop is very pretty. I also have a new external hard drive to use for backups along with my old flashdrives. Luckily, I didnít lose too much in the way of files, but itís still annoying!

Mr. Munro and I had a busy weekend. We computer shopped - boy, what an experience that was. You really have to shop around for the best price. The service varies so much from shop to shop.

I threw away my old crosstrainer shoes when I was in the US since they were worn out. Rebel Sports had a sale so Iíve replaced them with a pair of running shoes. Yes, itís true. Iím going to take up running again. When I was younger I used to run up to 10km a few times a week. I donít know why I have the urge to start running again, but I decided to go with the flow. Any other runners out there?

Yesterday we stopped at our local Farmersí Market before heading to visit family. The weekend just seemed to vanish, and suddenly itís Monday again. The good thing is that I seem to have my writing mojo back. Itís returned from holiday and Iím looking forward to completing the book Iím working on at present.

Christina Phillips interviewed me a couple of weeks ago. You can read my words of wisdom here (http://christinaphillips.blogspot.com/2008/10/tea-for-two-shelley-munro.html).

How was your weekend?

Shelley

Dani
October 20th, 2008, 01:33 AM
Oooh, I know how you feel on the virus front. I had 12 on my PC and it took a week to get it fixed (they place was busy too). My software is great, but I have a feeling that this was a virus that they didn't have a "definition" for and it slipped through and opened the door to more. I got lucky that they could fix it and I didn't have to get a new one because this one is only two years old.

My son went to a birthday party this weekend and I ended up making new friends in the boy's parents. It's always a nice thing when you have a special needs child too because the other parents know where you're coming from as a parent.

Shelley Munro
October 20th, 2008, 01:37 AM
Hi Dani,

Viruses are the pits. I muttered quite a bit last week and have been offline for days.

It sounds like the birthday party was a success :-)

Shelley

Dani
October 20th, 2008, 01:42 AM
It was Shelley! I enjoyed it thoughly and I only stayed for a couple of hours after I went back to pick my son up. :biggrin: I should mention that it was a sleep over, but I didn't let him stay this time.

Shelley Munro
November 8th, 2008, 05:12 AM
I've been head down writing and haven't been online very much, apart from a quick blog update. The good thing is that the writing is going well, and if I keep working hard, I should finish my manuscript this month.

In good news: I've sold another feline shapeshifter book to Ellora's Cave. Leticia's Lovers is book seven in my Middlemarch Mates series and follows Leticia's journey. I introduced her first in Stray Cat Strut.

Tomorrow I'm going to an agricultural show so I hope the fine weather stays with us. I haven't been to this show for a few years, and I'm looking forward to it!

And today, I did my civic duty and voted. Now all we need to do is wait for the results to see who our new Prime Minister will be.

I'm so tired. I'm off to bed now because I have a busy day tomorrow.

Shelley

Oh, almost forgot - Fringe Benefits is out next Friday. Not long to wait now!!

Dani
November 9th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Congratulations on the Leticia's story being bought and Fringe Benefits coming out soon! :huepfen017:

CharmedGirl
November 9th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Congrats on the new Middlemarch book Shelley.

Fringe Benefits out next week, can't wait!

Shelley Munro
December 30th, 2008, 03:48 PM
I've been in real holiday mode and staying away from the Internet. It's New Year's Eve here in NZ, and I'm looking forward to the start of the new year.

I have a new release out tomorrow. Cat Burglar is book six in my Middlemarch Mates series.

Leticia's Lovers (book 7) has a February release date. There's an excerpt on my website.

Today is also the last day for my birthday bash contest. If you haven't entered come on over to my blog and comment on a post to go into the draw to win one of my 2008 releases.

Happy New Year! May 2009 bring everything you desire.

Shelley

hollie
December 30th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Oh cool New Years Eve is my birthday congrats on your new book

Shelley Munro
December 31st, 2008, 06:49 AM
Happy birthday and all the best for 2009.

Hugs,
Shelley

Dani
January 2nd, 2009, 07:27 PM
Hope you had a great new years Shelley! :huepfen017:

CharmedGirl
January 4th, 2009, 02:29 AM
Congrats on the book release Shelley.

I think 2009 is going to be a great year.

Shelley Munro
February 26th, 2009, 04:16 AM
So, I've been really busy with edits and writing recently and haven't been online very much.

I've just finished edits on Currents Run Deep and Lynx to the Pharaoh. Both books will be out with Ellora's Cave this year. Once I receive release dates I'll put up excerpts etc on my website.

Leticia's Lovers is out on 27th Feb and I'm currently working on a new Middlemarch story, tentatively called CatNap. I hit the 30,000 word mark today and now that the edits are out of the way, I should progress more quickly.

I now have three free stories available on my website for readers to download. There are two contemporary and one sci-fi story. Enjoy!

Shelley

Shelley

CharmedGirl
February 28th, 2009, 05:10 PM
I'll be sure to check those free reads out Shelley.

Dani
March 1st, 2009, 10:05 PM
Sounds great Shelley!

Shelley Munro
March 3rd, 2009, 04:13 AM
I hope you enjoy the free stories. I have one more that I need to edit to go up on my site. Other stuff keeps getting in the way!

Shelley

hollie
March 6th, 2009, 06:43 PM
oh i need to go look i lost all my book marks when i had to re load my laptop it is taking ages to go through and re do everything

CharmedGirl
March 6th, 2009, 09:43 PM
I hope you enjoy the free stories. I have one more that I need to edit to go up on my site. Other stuff keeps getting in the way!

Shelley

The free story that came out just before Valentine's Day with Samhain was really good Shelley.

I love the ending where Tara says "You know Max, about that weight-gain..."

Shelley Munro
March 7th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Thanks, Bec. I love that line, too. I wrote this story to enter a competition with Romance Writers of New Zealand. It was the first contest I'd ever entered and I received a highly commended. It helped me get the writing bug, that's for sure.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
June 10th, 2009, 04:04 AM
I've been busy writing and have just turned in another manuscript to my editor. It's almost time to start another Middlemarch story. I've been thinking for quite a few weeks.

I have a guest blogger today. Maree is telling us the recipe for writing a prize-winning novel. She's also giving away a copy of her recent release. http://www.shelleymunro.com/blog

I now have four free stories availabe on my website. While you're there don't forget to check out my new photos and book trailers plus grab a copy of the Middlemarch family tree. http://www.shelleymunro.com

Shelley

Dani
June 10th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Cool Shelley. Thanks for the info. :)

denisepatrick
July 5th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Hey Shelley, thanks for dropping by my thread and saying hello. Sorry it has taken me so much time to get back to you. It has been a busy year and it's flying by much too fast for me.

Shelley Munro
July 8th, 2009, 01:39 AM
Thanks for stopping by, Denise. I know what you mean about the year flying.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
October 7th, 2009, 03:29 PM
I've been head down busy working on two different books. I've sold one of them already to Ellora's Cave. Soldier of Fortune is a contemporary story and is loosely connected to Summer in the City of Sails.

Hopefully, the second book that I'm working on will be ready to my editor today. I'm about to start work any second now. Really, I am...

Shelley

hollie
October 7th, 2009, 03:40 PM
i have that one but i don't remember reading it :wub:

but i did read a certain kitty cat story and i loved it when is the next one due? and can i guess who is going to tame them?

Shelley Munro
October 7th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Hi Hollie!

I'm glad you enjoyed CatNap. I'm working on the next story now, although that's not the one I'm turning into my editor today.

Guess away...and just as a clue...Ambar's story will be a menage a trois. :stretching1:

BTW - my next release is House of the Cat. It's out next week and is a kitty story, but not a Middlemarch one.

Shelley

hollie
October 7th, 2009, 03:57 PM
oh wow oh wow oh wow she is going to be so good for those two Lusty Drool Smilie

mmm a new kitty book that sounds fun i'll ask The Smurf if i can buy but as i'm busy with reviews I think he's going to say wait untill i have time to read it Laugh it Up fuzball

Shelley Munro
October 11th, 2009, 03:59 PM
OOPS!! No, I thought about Ambar and the twins and then decided I need to come full circle with them so the series sort of ends back at the start and completes one final plot strand that's still dangling.

Sorry, I was a bit misleading, but I think you'll like Ambar's men.

Shelley

hollie
October 11th, 2009, 04:04 PM
now you have me thinking there is something from the from earlier but i can't remember what and i don't have time to go and reread the books for a while oh i know this is going to bug me now but i have 3 interviews to do and i really need to read the books first (it helps)

Shelley Munro
October 11th, 2009, 04:06 PM
I'll save you time :-)

Maggie...

hollie
October 11th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Emily's sister in law?

oh cool

Shelley Munro
October 11th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Yes, her ex-sister-in-law/friend. They haven't spoken for ages and parted on bad terms.

Shelley

hollie
October 11th, 2009, 04:18 PM
mmm i remember i just wanted to make sure i hadn't mixed up peoples names i'm good at that. it will be nice that they sort out their problems i hope emily is ok after the ending of the last book

Shelley Munro
November 10th, 2009, 05:06 AM
I’m doing two guest blogs today.

The first is at RomCon where I’m talking about big cats and feline shifters. I’m also giving away a download from my backlist to one commenter. Here’s the link to my RomCon post (http://www.romconinc.com/index.php/conversations/blog/6).

I’m also blogging at Access Romance where I’m talking about baking for Christmas. Here’s the link to my Access Romance (http://www.accessromance.com/blog/) post.

In writing news, I’ve learned my next Ellora’s Cave book Soldier of Fortune (http://www.shelleymunro.com/books/soldier-of-fortune/) is due for release on 18 November. That’s next week!! I don’t have a cover to show you yet, but I do have a blurb and excerpt (http://www.shelleymunro.com/books/soldier-of-fortune/) available to tempt you. Soldier of Fortune (http://www.shelleymunro.com/books/soldier-of-fortune/) features Louie Lithgow who first appeared in one of my earlier books, Summer in the City of Sails (http://www.shelleymunro.com/books/summer-in-the-city-of-sails/).

Shelley

Shelley Munro
December 12th, 2009, 01:20 AM
Some of my titles are now available on Kindle. Elloraís Cave have a huge backlist of titles, and itís taking a while, but all titles from A Ė C are now available at Amazon in Kindle format.

Several of my Middlemarch Mates series are now available on Kindle.

Hereís the link to my available Kindle titles (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-text&field-keywords=shelley+munro+ellora%27s+cave) Ė go forth and shop for Christmas!

Shelley

Shelley Munro
March 15th, 2010, 03:45 PM
I've been a little quiet recently, but have been incredibly busy behind scenes.

So what's happening in my world?

I've been busy writing and doing edits.

The Bottom Line (a red-hot contemporary) is out at Samhain Publishing on 27 April. I'll post an excerpt in the contemporary suite in a few minutes.

I've sold book nine in my Middlemarch series. It's called Tiger By The Tail and features Ambar who you might have met in Catnap.

I've also subbed another Middlemarch story to my editor and I'm waiting to hear back from her about this one.

I have a new story called Seeking Kokopelli coming out on 29 June from Samhain Publishing. I'll post an excerpt for that one too. Seeking Kokopelli is a m/m with paranormal elements.

I'm going on holiday in just over two weeks. I cannot wait!

How has your week been going?

Shelley

hollie
March 15th, 2010, 04:24 PM
2 new kitty books :clap:

what i have been doing this week? unpacking we've been at it for a week and don't seem to be getting any more organised.

Shelley Munro
March 18th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Hollie,

Rather you than me with unpacking. I told my husband I never wanted to move again because all the packing and unpacking was so stressful and took forever!

Shelley

Catherine Bybee
March 18th, 2010, 03:51 PM
What, you guys have been moving? I'm so out of the loop! lol

Shelley Munro
May 10th, 2010, 04:10 PM
I'm home from my holiday and presently battling piles of laundry. Seriously, you might never see me again!!

While I was away The Bottom Line came out at Samhain Publishing.

I'm looking forward to getting back to writing after five weeks break.

Shelley

CharmedGirl
May 10th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Congratulations on the release Shelley. As for laundry, don't you hate it?

Catherine Bybee
May 10th, 2010, 05:15 PM
*pushing through a load of whites... Hey, Shelley... welcome home. Congrats on your release.

Dani
May 10th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Welcome home Shelley! How was your trip? I don't envy you a bit about the laundry you have to do now that you're home. LOL

Congratulations on your book release!

Shelley Munro
May 16th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Well, all my laundry is under control now, but it's turned into ironing. That's even worse!!

Shelley

Shelley Munro
May 16th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Ooh, about the new release - there's an excerpt up in the Samhain Spring showers section today. Check it out!

Shelley

CharmedGirl
May 16th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Already checked it out Shelley. It's great!

hollie
May 17th, 2010, 04:30 AM
Well, all my laundry is under control now, but it's turned into ironing. That's even worse!!

Shelley

Ewww i dont hate ironing but then my boys are at that age where ironing is a waste of time so i only iron stuff for them just before they wear it and only for special stuff like birthday parties, everything else is screwed up and rammed into drawers. Laugh it Up fuzball

Ooh, about the new release - there's an excerpt up in the Samhain Spring showers section today. Check it out!

Shelley

i'm slowly making my way through them a few at a time but i'll look for yours and do that as soon as i get my hair cut the hairdresser is due anytime now :huepfen017:

Robbibird3
June 8th, 2010, 09:53 AM
G. M. Shelley,
I've loved your Middlemarch Mates series since I reviewed one of them for Romancejunkies.com. Taking a break from reviewing for awhile. Not getting into much mischief these days, it takes too much out of me, physically so I'm the proverbial good girl these days. I just joined CTR just in time for the Spring Showers promo and my TBR mountain is standing proudly at 1766 entries on my wps file and as far as I can tell there are no title repeats. I've found many yahoo groups, review sites and this forum to have my TBR expanding exponentially and as fast as greased lightning. I look forward to whatever excerpts you may pull out for us. Have a great day.

Robin

brandyzbooks
June 8th, 2010, 12:06 PM
I have 3 daughters that are keeping me busy with Softball and drivers ed. I look forward to seeing what you have planned for us today!!!:robot:

yadkny
June 8th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Hi Shelley,
Great website. Will definitely be checking out some of your work:)

yadkny@hotmail.com

Shelley Munro
June 8th, 2010, 04:40 PM
G. M. Shelley,
I've loved your Middlemarch Mates series since I reviewed one of them for Romancejunkies.com.
Robin

Thanks so much, Robin. I have a new Middlemarch story coming on 9 July called Tiger By The Tail. I'll be posting an excerpt in a few minutes. :)

Shelley

Shelley Munro
June 8th, 2010, 04:41 PM
I have 3 daughters that are keeping me busy with Softball and drivers ed. I look forward to seeing what you have planned for us today!!!:robot:

That must keep you very busy! It's good that kids get outside and play sports though.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
June 8th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Hi Shelley,
Great website. Will definitely be checking out some of your work:)

yadkny@hotmail.com

Thanks very much! I hope you have time to check out my photos and the free stories.

Shelley

tottie1
June 8th, 2010, 06:06 PM
Hi,

I 'm retired now so I'm reading quite a few books and traveling .

Shelley Munro
July 23rd, 2010, 04:47 AM
Tottie - that sounds good. I wish I had more reading time.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
July 23rd, 2010, 04:49 AM
I'm in a bit of a funk because we returned our foster puppy to the SPCA yesterday. He's now up for adoption and is such a sweetie. I'm sure someone will snap him up.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
November 1st, 2010, 02:52 PM
I've been hiding in the writing cave and writing up a storm. The new Middlemarch story is coming slowly. I also have a follow up story to Fancy Free (the condom story).

I sold a historical romance to Liquid Silver Books, and I'm waiting eagerly to see my cover.

Meantime...

http://www.shelleymunro.com/blog/wp-content/image-headlines/ca695c1ca5965097e891f651711b72d2.png (http://www.shelleymunro.com/blog/2010/11/01/you-know-summer-has-arrived-when/)

The first ripe strawberry makes its appearance.

http://www.shelleymunro.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/Strawberry_thumb.jpg (http://www.shelleymunro.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/Strawberry.jpg)

What sign says summer to you? And for those of you in the Northern Hemisphere, what sign says winter to you?

Shelley
http://www.shelleymunro.com

CharmedGirl
November 1st, 2010, 03:03 PM
It's not Summer for another month. But I would have to say that it's when people all flock to the beach and you can't even see the tiniest patches of sand because the beach is completely covered in people.

Shelley Munro
January 16th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Wow! I can't believe I haven't visited since November. The last month of the year flew past so fast and I didn't get online much.

It was my birthday at the beginning of December. My husband surprised me with a cruise. I was clueless and didn't suspect a thing yet he'd planned it for months. He'd made me a movie showing where we were going and it was the best holiday ever. The cruise went around New Zealand and over to Tasmania, ending in Sdyney before we flew back to Auckland a few days before Christmas.

I have quite a bit of writing news:

1. Resisting Tamaki was nominated for a CAPA in the Fantasy Erotic Romance section at The Romance Studio.

2. I've sold a contemporary menage story called Christmas is Coming. It will be released at the end of 2011 and is set in the same world as Fancy Free.

3. I've written a free short story set in Middlemarch. That will be released as an Ellora's Cave Naughty Nooner. It's called Lightning Strikes Twice and takes place at the same singles' dance where Saber Mitchell first met Emily.

4. I'm about 3/4 of the way through writing the final Middlemarch story featuring Joe and Sly Mitchell. I should finish the first draft this month. Yay!!

5. I have a new release out tomorrow at Liquid Silver Books. It's called A Discreet Affair and is set during World War II.

That's about all for now. Happy New Year!

Shelley

hollie
January 16th, 2011, 02:59 PM
wow shelley you have been busy the cruise sounds amazing, i'll tell Rob about it but i doubt he'll get the hint lol.

can't wait for the new middlemarch books i've been waiting to see those twins tamed.

congrats on the CAPA nomination i loved the book are you planning any more in that world?

Shelley Munro
January 25th, 2011, 11:57 PM
The cruise was amazing. Hubby really spoiled me for my birthday.

I hadn't planned on writing more stories in the Resisting Tamaki world. I'll probably work on some stories set in the same world as House of the Cat this year.

Shelley

hollie
January 29th, 2011, 12:09 PM
i liked that one as well :huepfen017: and i'm allowed to buy all your books because Rob reads them as well

Shelley Munro
January 31st, 2011, 03:37 AM
Really? Wow, that's great! :)

Shelley

CharmedGirl
January 31st, 2011, 04:06 AM
I see you have a release with Samhain Publishing in April Shelley. Can you tell us a little bit about it?

Shelley Munro
February 1st, 2011, 03:50 PM
LOL - I didn't know I had a release in April. I went off to the coming soon page and there I was.

I don't have an official blurb yet but it's a paranormal werewolf story and it's a m/m. It's set mainly in Yellowstone National Park, which I loved during my visit. I really wanted to see a wolf. We didn't see them but we heard them in the morning and it was magical.

The Bottom Line is out in print in March and Seeking Kokopelli is out in print in May.

I'll give you more details as I learn them :)

Shelley

CharmedGirl
February 1st, 2011, 04:15 PM
How did you not know that you had a release out in April? It's only a couple of months away. Obviously the author is always the last to know. LOL

Shelley Munro
March 28th, 2011, 04:31 AM
My editor left and I have a new one. Hopefully the release date won't be delayed too much :)

Shelley

Shelley Munro
April 8th, 2011, 08:20 PM
I'm busy in my edit cave. I'm working on edits for my Samhain editor and I'm also polishing a book to send to one of my other publishers.

Our puppy, Bella graduated from puppy school. She did really well and her training is coming along nicely. She's a bit of a scamp though and loves to play in the garden in her sandpit and also her swimming pool. Can anyone say spoilt puppy? *grin*

We're taking long walks every day, and I'm actually losing weight. That has got to be good!

Shelley

Shelley Munro
May 27th, 2011, 11:54 PM
I can't believe so much time has gone past since I last visited the forum. I've had my husband underfoot for the last month because he crushed his finger at work. He's on the mend but is not allowed to drive for eight weeks. Appointments etc have cut into my writing time. It was his right hand so he can't do much at present. They say it will take months to heal properly.

I have a new release out today called Wanna Do Bad Things With You. It's a contemporary gay romance featuring two rugby players. I'll post the cover and blurb in another section of my forum.

I finally have a release date for Lone Wolf. It will be out on 23 Aug. I had a sneak peek at the cover yesterday, and I'm crossing my fingers that it won't change because it's gorgeous!

Watch this space!

And meantime, I'm working on a follow up to The Bottom Line plus another gothic historical romance. The writing is going very slowly at present though.

Shelley

CharmedGirl
May 28th, 2011, 05:59 AM
Sounds great Shelley. Can't wait to read the next instalment after The Bottom Line. That was a fabulous book.

Also can't wait to see the cover for Lone Wolf.

Shelley Munro
October 4th, 2011, 05:19 AM
Gee! I hadn't realized how long it had been since I'd dropped in at the forum. I've had some edits that have kicked my butt plus I've been away on holiday.

Hubby and I spent almost four weeks in China. We had a ball. it's such a great place to visit. Highlights of our trip were visiting the Forbidden City, the Terracotta warriors and the pandas in Chengdu. I blogged about the pandas and posted several photos at my blog yesterday. Here's the link http://www.shelleymunro.com/blog

I've also added some new China photos to my online photo album with more to come soon.

Tonight I've given myself a kick in the rear end since I need to get writing again. My deadline isn't going to happen if I don't start writing tomorrow.

Shelley

Dani
October 6th, 2011, 08:29 PM
I know how you feel Shelley except I didn't go on a trip. I took some personal time away from the forums, came back and it's been hard to get back into the swing of things. I've had a few things taking my mind away from things a lot lately.

Sounds like you had a fun time while you were away. :)

JoAnne Kenrick
October 7th, 2011, 07:42 AM
Those Panda photos are just the cutest thing...the little babies? AWWWWWWW
Thanks so much for sharing xx

Shelley Munro
October 14th, 2011, 04:50 AM
I know how you feel Shelley except I didn't go on a trip. I took some personal time away from the forums, came back and it's been hard to get back into the swing of things. I've had a few things taking my mind away from things a lot lately.

Sounds like you had a fun time while you were away. :)

Dani,

We all seem to be time poor these days, don't we? Hubby and I had a fantastic time. We're busy saving for our next holiday.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
October 14th, 2011, 04:52 AM
Those Panda photos are just the cutest thing...the little babies? AWWWWWWW
Thanks so much for sharing xx

JoAnne,

It was such a privilege to see pandas in person. They're absolutely gorgeous and cute with it. Definitely cute!

Shelley

Shelley Munro
October 14th, 2011, 04:54 AM
This weekend it's time for the semi finals in the World Cup rugby. I suspect it's going to be a nail biting game when the All Blacks play Australia.

Is anyone else watching the rugby?

Shelley

Dani
October 18th, 2011, 10:05 PM
I've never watched rugby. I'll have to see if one of the sports stations on Dish Network carries it. The most we get is the regular American sports. Though I have seen cricket advertised on pay per view from time to time.

Shelley Munro
October 19th, 2011, 03:32 AM
Dani,

We're all rugby mad down this end of this world at present, although I've been a rugby fan since I was a child. The final of the Rugby World cup is on Sunday - NZ V France. The game to decide third place is on Friday and it's Australia v Wales.

On Sunday night, I'm going to be sitting on the edge of my seat chewing my fingernails.

I don't think there's much rugby coverage in the US.

Shelley

Dani
October 20th, 2011, 11:15 PM
It sounds fun and exciting! I hope your country wins. Bouncy Icon Smilie

Shelley Munro
October 26th, 2011, 12:06 AM
We did! The All Blacks won by one point. I sat on the edge of my seat for most of the game!

Shelley

Dani
November 1st, 2011, 11:10 PM
Yay!! Congrats to your country! :huepfen017:

CharmedGirl
November 8th, 2011, 05:51 AM
I prefer to watch Rugby League than Union. I find Union boring. Maybe because I don't understand all the rules. LOL

Shelley Munro
November 8th, 2011, 03:52 PM
I prefer to watch Rugby League than Union. I find Union boring. Maybe because I don't understand all the rules. LOL

Ah, I'm a Warriors fan too. I'm hoping will have a good season during 2012. We certainly have a lot of good young players coming up.

Which team do you claim? :huepfen017:

Shelley

Shelley Munro
November 8th, 2011, 03:53 PM
This week I'm working on edits for a story called Christmas is Coming. It's related to one of my prior contemporary stories, Fancy Free and will be out at Ellora's Cave before Christmas.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
December 15th, 2011, 04:38 AM
I'm visiting Tina Donahue's blog today. I'm talking about my new release Christmas is Coming and a little about sex in a public place. No! Don't let your mind go there. My post is clean - really!
I'm also doing a giveaway.

Here's the link:*http://www.TinaDonahue.com/contest-and-guest-post-by-shelley-munro/

Shelley

Shelley Munro
January 11th, 2012, 07:14 AM
I haven't done an update for a while. My website was hacked last week and is currently out of action while things happen behind the scenes. I'm hoping I'll be back soon!

Tomorrow I'm playing hooky and going dolphin watching in the Hauraki Gulf. I'm hoping the weather improves!!

Shelley

PS - a lot of hoping going on at my place today!!

Shelley Munro
January 27th, 2012, 01:53 AM
Õ hope 2012 is going well for everyone. I've been head down writing. This week I sent a contemporary MMF to my Ellora's Cave editor and I await news to see if she likes it. It's a Fancy Free story.

Next month I have two new releases - one is a contemporary mystery called Cat Burglar in Training, which is coming out with Carina Press. The other is a m/m - contemporary again with a rugby setting called Eye on the Ball. This one is coming out with All Romance ebooks.

I'm currently working on a historical, but this year I plan to do another Fancy Free story, another House of the Cat story and another The Bottom Line story. That's the plan anyway.

Do you have any special plans for the next few months.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
February 22nd, 2012, 03:17 AM
To celebrate my new release - Cat Burglar in Training at Carina Press, I'm visiting here and there.

I have an interview at TBR plus I'm doing a giveaway. http://tbrtheblog.blogspot.co.nz/2012/02/tbr-welcomes-shelley-munro.html

I have a post on Rejection 101 at Savvy Authors. http://www.savvyauthors.com/vb/content.php?1883-Rejection-101-by-Shelley-Munro

And finally in a random post I'm talking about T-shirts at Carina Press http://carinapress.com/blog/2012/02/a-random-post-about-t-shirts-shelleymunro/

Shelley

--

Shelley Munro...Provocative, Adventurous Romance.
Are you up to PAR?
http://www.ShelleyMunro.com (http://www.shelleymunro.com/)

CharmedGirl
February 23rd, 2012, 01:31 AM
WooHoo, another Bottom Line story. Can't wait for that one.

Shelley Munro
February 23rd, 2012, 04:09 AM
Yes. It's taken a while ;-)

Shelley

Shelley Munro
February 24th, 2012, 08:42 PM
I'm visiting Get Lost in a Story today where I'm talking about my latest release Cat Burglar in Training and doing a giveaway.

Here's the link http://getlostinastory.blogspot.co.nz/2012/02/get-lost-with-cat-burglar.html

Shelley

CharmedGirl
February 25th, 2012, 04:37 AM
Sorry I didn't get over to the website, but I've been at work all day.

Shelley Munro
February 25th, 2012, 05:06 AM
No problem!

Shelley

Shelley Munro
January 3rd, 2014, 12:51 AM
Happy New Year everyone! I hope everyone has had a great start to the year.

December was a great month for me, and I have lots of exciting news.

New sales!
1. Farmer Wants a Wife (book 3 in the Love and Friendship series). This is Susan's story, and it's coming out in Aug 2014 from Samhain Publishing.
2. Middlemarch Capture - a five book series, contracted with Ellora's Cave. This is a paranormal shapeshifter series and a spin off from my current Middlemarch Mates series.
3. Nolan - Clare Chronicles, a spinoff series from Love and Friendship, Samhain Publishing, around Nov 2014.

Upcoming release:
Mistress of Merrivale, Samhain Publishing, due out on March 24, 2014. Check out the gorgeous cover!

This one is already available for pre-order at Amazon.

I'm off to do some more writing. I hope everyone has a lovely day.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
January 11th, 2014, 11:27 PM
I've been writing flat out and yesterday finished writing the first draft of Snared by Saber. Yay! I don't think I've ever written a first draft so fast. Next up is Favored by Felix. I started work on that one today.

What is everyone else up to this weekend?

Shelley

Shelley Munro
February 1st, 2014, 04:08 PM
I've been really busy writing for 2014 and things are going super well. I've written the first drafts for Snared by Saber and Favored by Felix in my new Middlemarch Capture series. I'll be starting work on book three Lost With Leo next week, and I'll also be starting on the editing and polishing stage for the first two books.

I've sold another contemporary erotic romance to Samhain Publishing. Enemy Lovers is book two in my Clare Chronicles series and will probably be out in early 2015.

I've received the sexy new cover for Farmer Wants a Wife (book 3 in my Love and Friendship series) and will share that later this week.

On Feb 4 at 3:00pm EST I'll be talking part in a chat on the EC reader's list along with several other EC authors. The theme is Hot Heroes and there will be fun, questions, hot excerpts and of course, some prizes. I hope you'll join us.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
February 11th, 2014, 06:04 AM
I've been busy working on edits/polishing Snared by Saber and it's currently with a beta reader.
Today I added more words to Favored By Felix.

I'm currently taking part in The Romance Studio's Valentine's Day party (http://trsparties.com/) where I'm giving away downloads from my back list. Just comment on one of my posts and you're in the draw to win.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
March 3rd, 2014, 08:52 PM
Today I'm visiting the Coffee Time blog, Coffee Thoughts. I'm giving away a download of one of my two featured books, Seeking Kokopelli or Make That Man Mine.

Here are my post links:

http://coffeetimeromance.com/CoffeeThoughts/mythmadness-seeking-kokopelli-by-shelley-munro/

http://coffeetimeromance.com/CoffeeThoughts/a-taniwha-make-that-man-mine-by-shelley-munro/

http://coffeetimeromance.com/CoffeeThoughts/mythmadness-the-taniwha-a-new-zealand-myth/

http://coffeetimeromance.com/CoffeeThoughts/mythmadness-contest-from-shelley-munro/

I hope to see you there!

Shelley

PS - contest drawn tomorrow.