PDA

View Full Version : What makes you turn the page

Patricia Bates
March 15th, 2008, 02:19 AM
When you're reading a historical, what makes you turn the page? Do you prefer fast paced action packed romance, or the steamy, erotic scenes?

CharmedGirl
March 15th, 2008, 02:44 AM
I like both as long as the book is flowing nicely I'll turn the page. The books needs to keep me interested through the words as well otherwise I end up totally zoning out. LOL

AnneWhitfield
March 16th, 2008, 07:36 PM
A sex scene won't make me turn the pages, sometimes those scenes can be highly over-rated. If I don't feel for the characters then I don't care what they do.
What makes me turn the page is the emotional journey of the characters and the truth of who they are.
I want to feel and experience everything they do. I want to see them grow emotionally and become people that stay in my mind long after I've finished the book.

Catherine Bybee
March 16th, 2008, 08:21 PM
I admit some sex scenes make me turn the pages, but only when the characters are real. If a story moves too fast, my brain feels like it's on the fast forward on a remote. If I have to turn back pages because I missed something then I find myself putting the book down.
I want a story where I can't predict what will come next. I love a suprise. smilies/bump.gif smilies/bump.gif smilies/bump.gif smilies/bump.gif smilies/bump.gif smilies/bump.gif