PDA

View Full Version : New Banner

TamiParrington
September 24th, 2006, 09:47 PM
Check out my new animated banner for my 07 release Hell's Own.

http://www.tparrington.com/hellsownbanner.gif

Karenne
September 24th, 2006, 10:30 PM
oh that is nice Tami! Did you make it?

TamiParrington
September 25th, 2006, 10:20 PM
Yes, I made that. I've done a few banners before for my books. Not being a pro I'm a bit limited, but still manage to have fun.

this however just tickles the daylights out of me. A writer friend of mine made a movie trailer for her current release, and I just had to know how... she told me, AND... she told me the program she uses is free with all window XP units!!! :wacko: Imagine my surprise. (Not that they made it stand out, I had to SEARCH for the thing... but I found the sucker. Sooooo-----

now I have THIS too--

(sorry, have to just put the link. Forums like this don't allow the player to embed, but it's embeded on my site.)

http://www.tparrington.com/trailer.html

Karenne
September 25th, 2006, 10:23 PM
(dancing for you) That is great! Where did you put that? I mean..now that you have it...where are you going to put it for people to see? Inquiring minds want to know!:tt2:

Mary E
September 26th, 2006, 07:25 AM
Yes pls pls pls tell

TamiParrington
September 26th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Good question ladies. LOL

The banner I have on my blog. (I'm currently making one up for my October release. Should have done that first, but the concept was easier for this one. lol)

I'd love to find other places to put it. But, I have it when I find them. LOL

The movie is tougher because it requires embeding a player... would be pretty difficult I'd think to find outside places that would be willing to allow such things.

After making the movie I uploaded it to You Tube (which in itself is pretty popular). From there I can easily link to it from anywhere I post about it, and I have. I can also embed the player on places like my website (and supposedly my live journal -- but after the first time that worked, I haven't been able to get it to work--grumble, grumble, grumble).

Mostly though, to be honest, it's just a creative way to have a ton of fun. I love doing it.

Karenne
September 27th, 2006, 11:11 PM
Well, you just let me know when you have done it (because I know you will) and I will come and see it!

I love TUBE!;)