PDA

View Full Version : Please keep your fingers crossed!

Liadan
March 19th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Well I went and did it. Yep, I wrote that m/m/f menage story and submitted the first three chapters. I heard back from them today and after a few changes, which I can understand and completely agree with, they want to see the whole story.

So please keep your fingers crossed for me. I went out on a limb when I decided to write this story and if actually gets accepted I think I'll faint.

CharmedGirl
March 19th, 2008, 06:14 PM
That's great Liadan.

Liadan
March 19th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Thanks! I'm really nervous about this story so I'm praying it gets accepted. If I don't though, I'll have learned from my experience.

CharmedGirl
March 19th, 2008, 06:29 PM
I'm sure it will get passed. Just cross your fingers Liadan.

I always love a story with a good menage au trois. LOL

Liadan
March 19th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Well these guys are Scottish and they are werewolves as well. The title is Scotch on the Rocks.

CharmedGirl
March 19th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Great title. Mmmm werewolves even better. LOL

Dani
March 20th, 2008, 12:34 AM
Awesome Liadan! I'm crossing everything I can for ya and sending good vibes for it to be accepted. Bouncy Icon Smilie

Liadan
March 20th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Thank you my dear! I did finish the edits last night, it's only 54 pages, it's a short story. Four and a half hours to fix mistakes and such and then sent it off to the editor before bed. Now it's just the waiting game.

CharmedGirl
March 20th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Once the book is accepted Liadan can you please put up an excerpt.

Liadan
March 20th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Yes of course I will. Well, I could be a tease and just tell you about it and then post nothing if it is accepted. LOL!

But I promise not to do that to y'all.

Dani
March 20th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Yay!!! I can't wait. Bouncy Icon Smilie

Angela Caperton
March 20th, 2008, 07:54 PM
My best wishes are with you!

You go, Girl!!

Liadan
March 20th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Thank you Angela! I really appreciate your support. I have found that erotica for me is a bit tough to write. But I'll keep trying.

sabby07
March 20th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Liadan congrats how exciting! I love the title and you really cant go wrong with scottish werewolves!!!! Keep us posted

Liadan
March 20th, 2008, 11:21 PM
I will, you can be sure of that.

rgraham666
March 22nd, 2008, 07:43 PM
Very nice. Congratuations. :)

hollie
March 23rd, 2008, 07:22 AM
congrats Lia scotish werewolves mmmmm

Liadan
June 8th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Well, it's been three months almost and I'm a bit sad about this story. I've sent email after email and have received no response from the editor.

Had to go through a different channel all together to even get a message to her.

I've given up on this story and on that particular publisher. Sorry to disappoint y'all. Maybe I'll change it up and submit somewhere else.

Eden Rivers
June 8th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Oooooh, m/m/f menage is one of my favorite flavors! Best of luck with your full manuscript! I'd love to read this one.

Liadan
June 8th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Thanks E! I think this one will have to stew a bit longer. I'm thinking of making it longer than a short story. It would be better if it were.

I'll be sure to post snippets.

Eden Rivers
June 8th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Ah yes, the short story that became a novel scenario <grins> Hey, the more the better! I really do love m/m/f (I wrote one particular m/m/f scene in Broken Pentacle that really makes me sweat, lol) I'm looking forward to those snippets when you're ready to post them :-)

Thanks E! I think this one will have to stew a bit longer. I'm thinking of making it longer than a short story. It would be better if it were.

I'll be sure to post snippets.

sabby07
June 8th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Liadan I will keep my fingers and toes crossed so that everything will work out for you!!!!smilies/butterfly.gi

Liadan
June 8th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Thank you Sabby!

Anita Davison
June 10th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Hi Liadan, just to let you know everything is crossed - and I mean everything!!!!

Lots of love and good wishes your way

Catherine Bybee
June 11th, 2008, 12:13 AM
Good luck Liadan. Waiting is the hardest part.

Liadan
June 18th, 2008, 09:31 PM
After four months of waiting, I took it upon myself to contact the head editor last week. Yes, had to re-submit the story because the first editor had a major computer catastrophe and my MS was lost.

I got the contract tonight. AMP - Aspen Mountain Press - has accepted Scotch on the Rocks.

So I guess you can say that I also write erotica. God, never thought I'd say that.

Dani
June 18th, 2008, 09:33 PM
WOOHOO!!!!! Congratulations Lia!!! That's totally awesome. :clap: Bouncy Icon Smilie HugMe

Liadan
June 18th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Thanks Dani!

I'll post an excerpt soon.

Angela Caperton
June 18th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Welcome to the HOT side of town!

Woohoo!!

I'm so happy for you!

CheerleaderCheerleader

Liadan
June 18th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Thanks Angela! So far the neighborhood looks inviting.

hollie
June 19th, 2008, 04:02 AM
:huepfen017: :huepfen017: congratulations Lia :huepfen017: :huepfen017:

rgraham666
June 19th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Yay Liadan. :whistle:

Welcome to AMP. :biggrin:

sabby07
June 19th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Liadan, see what happens when I change up my schedule and go to the gym at night! I miss all of the good news. C O N G R A T S!!!!:orange: :orange: :orange: :jump: smilies/balsmilies.g :thewave: smilies/fam03.gif smilies/champagne2.g smilies/dancingspots :grouphug2:

Catherine Bybee
June 19th, 2008, 11:46 AM
CONGRATS!!! I'm so very happy for you.
Sell millions.

After four months of waiting, I took it upon myself to contact the head editor last week. Yes, had to re-submit the story because the first editor had a major computer catastrophe and my MS was lost.

I got the contract tonight. AMP - Aspen Mountain Press - has accepted Scotch on the Rocks.

So I guess you can say that I also write erotica. God, never thought I'd say that.

Liadan
June 19th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Yay Liadan. :whistle:

Welcome to AMP. :biggrin:

Thanks Rob! It's nice to know I'm in great company, if a little daunting.

Liadan
June 19th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Liadan, see what happens when I change up my schedule and go to the gym at night! I miss all of the good news. C O N G R A T S!!!!:orange: :orange: :orange: :jump: smilies/balsmilies.g :thewave: smilies/fam03.gif smilies/champagne2.g smilies/dancingspots :grouphug2:

You just HAD to change your schedule! I'll let it slide this time! LOL!

Thanks Sabby! Especially for listening to me rant. You are an angel.:angel:

Liadan
June 19th, 2008, 10:06 PM
CONGRATS!!! I'm so very happy for you.
Sell millions.

Thank you Catherine. If I sell millions and make bunches of money, I'll fly everyone to Scotland for a were hunting expedition.

Eden Rivers
June 19th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Woo-hoo!!! :whistle: Doin' the happy dance for you! Congrats on the contract, and yeah, when I moved into erotic romance it was a bit of a surprise to me, too, lol. But turns out red hot is my favorite flavor--go figure.

Enjoy the celebration!

Liadan
June 19th, 2008, 11:37 PM
Thanks Eden! I still can't believe it and trust me, I'm celebrating.

To really and truly celebrate 'Scotch On The Rocks', a round of scotch, double shots, for EVERYONE!!!! (Only Glen Fiddich 18 year old of course.)

Barbra Novac
June 20th, 2008, 12:22 AM
That is such great news.
How are you enjoying the editing process? Is it a pleasure or does it rile you at times?

Liadan
June 20th, 2008, 12:47 AM
That is such great news.
How are you enjoying the editing process? Is it a pleasure or does it rile you at times?

G'day Barb! Thank you!

Editing? Okay, I received the FINAL edits on my second book today. I have 10 days to add to or subtract from my story. But thankfully I have an awesome editor. I haven't begun the editing process on Scotch yet, but I am hoping things go just as smoothly with it as it has with Reunited. I was dreading the editing. But it has been a joy. I actually have an editor who listens to my ideas and understands. These last days though, I'm going to pull my hair out. I just know it. LOL!