PDA

View Full Version : Middlemarch Mates

Shelley Munro
March 23rd, 2008, 11:56 PM
Middlemarch Mates is a paranormal feline shifter series set in the South Island of New Zealand. You can find the background story plus a couple of photos on my website. Go to the For Readers section of my site.

I have five books in this series to date and I'm currently working on #6.
The titles are:

1. Scarlet Woman
2. Peeping Tom
3. Stray Cat Strut
4. Assassin
5. Cat and Mouse

Edited to add:

6 Cat Burglar
7 Leticia's Lovers
8 Catnap
9 Tiger By The Tail
10 Blue Lady

Shelley

Shelley Munro
March 24th, 2008, 12:00 AM
Scarlet Woman by Shelley Munro
Ellora's Cave
~book rating R
~paranormal feline shapeshifter

http://www.ellorascave.com/productpage.asp?ISBN=1-4199-0312-8 (http://www.ellorascave.com/productpage.asp?ISBN=1-4199-0312-8)

Feline shifter, Saber Mitchell wants to marry off his younger
mischievous brothers but his plan backfires when he sees the lady
dressed in red...

~*~

They strolled hand in hand across the dance floor. Emily caught
Maggie's look of censure as they passed her dancing with one of
Saber's brothers. Emily hesitated, but her friend's compressed mouth
and scowl looked so much like Michael's she kept walking.

"Changed your mind?" Saber's lazy drawl sent a shiver racing straight
to her core.

"No." Her gaze traced his firm lips. How would they feel closing
around her nipples? Or touching her in a more intimate kiss? Heat
suffused her body along with yearning. Between her legs moistened,
the dampness making her fidget.

"That must be her over there with Sid," Saber muttered. "Let Felix
cope with her nosy questions. We'll sneak past while she's not
looking." With a furtive glance over his shoulder, he hustled Emily
from the marquee.

A gurgle escaped Emily when they slipped past into the growing
darkness outside. After the foot-stomping gaiety inside, it seemed
very quiet. Private. A sliver of disquiet stalked down her spine. She
was doing the right thing, wasn't she?

Saber squeezed her hand, seeming to sense her unease. "We don't have
to do anything. Yet." The light cast shadows across his face but it
was difficult to miss the decidedly carnal smile.

Sex. She could cope with that. No commitments. No need to get hurt
because there were no promises made. Impulsively she headed for the
shadows cast by a stand of poplar trees. Dried leaves crunched
underfoot, her heels sinking halfway to China with each step. She
yanked free and rolled her eyes in exasperation. "I didn't think
about walking on grass in heels."

"How about taking them off?" Saber knelt in front of her, his
calloused fingers sliding across her ankle. Emily inhaled and held
her breath. He undid the tiny buckle and slid her bare foot from the
shoe. Emily grasped his shoulders to balance, her heart pounding. A
balmy breeze blew, tugging at her loose curls. Saber undid the other
buckle, and she lifted her foot for him. Instead of standing, he
remained kneeling in front of her. Her heart skipped a beat. Her sex
clenched, and she was very aware of the arousal dampening her panties.

Saber could smell her excitement. Hear the racing of her heart. She
tensed when he massaged the arch of her foot, but Saber took his time
until she relaxed and a whimper of pleasure escaped her parted lips.
He continued to massage her foot, noticing the sexy red toenails. Jo
was a strange contrast—skittish at times, and yet, strangely forward
and wanton at others. Would the real Scarlet woman step forward? He
slid his palm across a heel and up her smooth calf, savoring the
silky skin and the floral scent of the lotion she'd smoothed onto her
body. His cock throbbed, large and eager, pushing insistently against
his fly and Saber was right there with his lower brain. Interested.
Desperate to bury his cock in her warm, luscious heat. Desperate to
taste her natural juices and watch her shatter in his arms.

His hand rose to the sensitive skin behind her knee, surprising a
giggle out of her before drifting higher across her warm inner thigh.
Slow—when what he really wanted was hard, fast. Hot and heavy with
not an ounce of gentleness involved. Saber struggled with wooing her
instead of demanding. Taking. Because the closer they came to
consummation, the more he thought Sid might be right. After all this
time, his mate had sashayed into his life, and she'd almost escaped
because he hadn't noticed, he'd become used to being alone.

His Scarlet woman.

He fingered her through her panties. Intimately.

Her gasp was loud in the still evening, disturbed only by the throb
of the band and the wail of the female lead singer. "I want you," she
whispered. "Here. Now." Her blue eyes glittered in the half-light
beneath the trees. Anyone could see, but she didn't seem worried. Her
bag slipped off her shoulder and she let it fall to the
grass. "Please," she whispered.

The relief Saber felt was countered by the relentless throb at his
groin. God, he was desperate to grab her offer and plunge inside her
tight channel, taking her hard and fast until they both burned. But
he wasn't so far gone that he forgot about privacy. That woman
investigating the panther sighting would hunt them down if her
previous behavior was any indication. She was certainly tenacious,
firing letters off to several of the council members asking for
information. Since he'd been voted as the one to communicate with
her, he'd answered the initial politely worded letter with one of his
own, refuting the idea of mystery cats near Middlemarch. She'd
ignored his reply and followed her letter with persistent phone calls
and now a visit, despite his assertions she was chasing non-existent
ghosts. Still, she kept pushing. He refused to give her material to
publish in the tabloid press. About black panthers or the modern
sexual techniques of a closet shifter. She might pretend she was
researching a book, but it had been her byline attached to the
newspaper article. Despite his assertions she was chasing ghosts, the
woman remained resolute and, deep down, he didn't expect that to
change.

Saber stood abruptly, lifted Joanna into his arms and strode toward
the next stand of trees across the other side of the paddock.

"My shoes and bag."

"You won't need them." When she opened her mouth to argue, Saber
paused to kiss her, tempted by the sexy curve of her bottom lip. Just
one quick taste—enough to make them both crazy. Minutes later, he put
her down. They were further away from the marquee and possible
interruptions. The hoot of a morepork drowned out the band, and when
the echo of the lonely cry died, only silence remained. A gentle
breeze ruffled the leaves. They responded with a placid song, a
serenade for the sensual dance to come. Jo slid down his body,
arching against him with a sound that reminded him of a contented
purr. Apt. Very apt.

Saber buried his face against the crook of her neck, breathing in her
scent. Without warning, the ripple of awareness preceding the shift
to cat slid seductively across his skin. Goose bumps prickled. A
faint glow emanated from his hands. He hissed in alarm and fought,
gritting his teeth. Fighting the change with everything he had.
Panting.

"Are you all right?"

Shit, this had never happened before. His father hadn't mentioned the
strange phenomenon when they'd had the sex talk. Their Uncle Herbert,
who'd taken on the guardian role after his parents' death, hadn't
discussed the oddity either. Maybe it was something peculiar to him?

Saber gritted his teeth, resisting the shift toward feline with all
his might. He inhaled sharply, struggling to remain in control, to
remain in his human form. Pity Uncle Herbert wasn't there to offer
advice—the elderly man had passed away two winters ago. Exhaling
slowly, he kissed and nibbled at the soft skin beneath her ear while
he wondered what to do. There wasn't anyone else to ask, not without
suffering an incredible amount of embarrassment. "Turn around," he
ordered, trying to hide his panic. "Put your hands against the tree."

"Why?"

So you can't see me. "I want to touch your ass. Besides, this will be
easier. I don't want to get grass stains on your dress." And I want
to take you in the traditional way from behind, he added silently,
every particle of him wanting to dominate, to seize her by the scruff
of the neck and exert his power. He wanted to mark her with his
scent, his teeth, and make sure no other male dared to approach his
woman. Because she belonged to him, whether she knew it or not. It
was just a matter of time…

Adventure into Romance
with Shelley Munro
http://www.shelleymunro.com (http://www.shelleymunro.com/)

Dani
March 24th, 2008, 12:02 AM
I almost ordered the first book in this series, but I could only buy two books within my budget, so I got another of your books instead (which I told you already...LOL). I'll be going back for all the books when I can. :biggrin:

Great excerpt, BTW. Although I did get confused about the names until I remembered the excerpt on your wesite about the name thing. :)

redstar28
March 24th, 2008, 10:40 AM
have them!! love em mine mine mine
Tina

sabby07
March 24th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Shelley,smilies/butterfly.gi
I love the Middlemarch books!!

Shelley Munro
March 25th, 2008, 04:15 AM
LOL - Tina. The next story is coming in August. I'm intending to post an excerpt for each of the books and work my way up to the two new ones.

Sabrina - thanks! I just love the Mitchell brothers.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
April 9th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Here's a scene from the start of the book where the heroine Tomasine is baiting the trap to snare one of the Mitchell brothers. Watch out Felix...she's out to get ya!

“Don’t worry,” Gina said airily. She circled Tomasine and efficiently sprayed her from head to toe with perfume. “I’m not going to do anything to jeopardize our safety. But I can still look.” Her hazel eyes shut and a soft smile played across her lips.

It was so uncharacteristic that Tomasine stared in shock. For an instant the girl appeared adult then Tomasine blinked and saw Gina’s familiar chubby face. “I guess looking can’t hurt. We all need something to look forward to each day.” Something in the girl’s expression made her prod a bit harder. “Is there someone in particular?”

“Leo Mitchell,” Gina said. “That man is a babe. His butt—”

“Enough.” Tomasine held up her hand and pulled a face of mock alarm. Thoughts of the Mitchell brothers made her uncomfortable. Her pulse rate picked up and suddenly Tomasine was uneasy and blast it—aroused. Part of it was because of her plan but the rest—the unknown factor—worried her more. An omen? The hairs at the scruff of her neck prickled and the sensation spread downward to catch at her breasts. Tomasine drew a sharp breath, riding out the needy ache caused by the friction of her nipples against the bodice of her dress.

She knew there were shape-shifters living in Middlemarch—she could smell the difference in the inhabitants. But what she couldn’t tell was if this was a safe community. After two years of traveling the world, she needed to stop running, to find a safe place for her daughter Sylvie and for Gina. They both deserved a normal childhood full of love and security. During the last two months, she’d tried to get closer to the locals but she’d failed dismally. In hindsight, passing herself off as a reporter hadn’t been the wisest course but it was too late now. She was stuck with the cover and made a reasonable living writing fluff pieces for the paper in Dunedin. Apart from writing the one story about the local black panther sightings… Now that had definitely been a mistake.

“One look at Leo Mitchell’s butt is not enough,” Gina said. “I can’t promise not to sneak another look. Allow me one guilty pleasure.”

Tomasine sighed, secretly glad of the distraction. Sometimes she felt as though she were talking to a contemporary, which was why sex had come up when it shouldn’t have been discussed at all. “I don’t suppose looking can hurt.”

“No, it’s the touching that gets you into trouble,” Gina shot back.

Tomasine grimaced at Gina. Once again she regretted running her plan past the teenager. “Don’t remind me.” Now she was about to take the last steps in her carefully laid plan to seduce Felix Mitchell and she wondered if she were about to make the biggest mistake of her life. Tomasine snorted at the anxious thought. Oh yeah. Too late for that. She’d gone one better already. Nothing she did would ever top trusting Bernard Lerfervre enough to take him as husband and mate. Her mouth firmed when she collected her bag and slung it over her shoulder. This plan had to work.

“How do I look? Will Felix Mitchell take the bait?” Tomasine did a slow twirl, the full sea green skirt lifting in a whisper-soft rustle against her thighs. The fabric stopped above her knee—in fact the whole outfit was too abbreviated for her liking. It felt as though one full breath would make her pop right out of the bodice. Tomasine reminded herself to save the heavy breathing until she’d snared Felix Mitchell and corralled him somewhere private. At that stage, it wouldn’t matter if her bare breasts popped into prominence. It could only help her cause. Her dark hair was arranged in a complicated twist leaving her neck and shoulders bare while she wore wispy green panties and sheer flesh-colored stockings beneath—the kind that stayed up without a garter belt.

“Felix Mitchell would need to be deaf and blind to miss you,” Gina said. “I don’t think any of the Mitchell brothers are short in the brains department. A brain and a sexy butt. Be still my heart.” Gina patted the left-hand side of her chest.

“Go and watch the cartoon channel,” Tomasine suggested. “Something wholesome, but finish your homework first.”

“Sure, Tom. I’m almost done with my assignment. Don’t forget your supper contribution.”

“Good girl. Thanks for reminding me. I’m not sure what time I’ll be back—maybe not until the morning if Felix takes the bait. Okay? Ring me if you have any problems. I don’t care what time it is.” She slipped on her strappy silver heels and straightened. Tomasine pressed a kiss to the girl’s cheek. The sixteen-year-old hugged her back briefly—an improvement from their first anxious months together when Gina had refused any tender touches. The genocide of their people had scarred them all. This plan had to work—they had to find a safe place amongst others of their own kind if they wanted to survive. A colony she could trust, who wouldn’t report back to that man and place them all in grave danger. Tomasine sighed with longing. Feline shifters might be solitary but they weren’t meant to live alone.

http://www.ellorascave.com/productpage.asp?ISBN=1-4199-0611-9

Dani
April 9th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Excellent excerpt Shelley!! I have tread this series.

Shelley Munro
April 14th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Thanks, Dani. I just love the Mitchell brothers. Hubby should probably worry. ;)

Shelley

Shelley Munro
April 14th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Here's an excerpt from the third book in my Middlemarch series. Stray Cat Strut is a m/m and has a leopard hero and a lion hero.

A woman pushed into a gap at the bar between me and another woman. The new arrival was gorgeous, tall and slender but not too skinny. When she pressed closer to me, I tensed. Shifter. The woman was a shifter. I inhaled her scent with something akin to pleasure because I hadn’t seen another shifter since I’d left Middlemarch.
<O:p</O:p

She wasn’t black leopard like me. Not that it mattered because I was so desperate for communication with a like being. Shifters weren’t meant to live alone.

I wasn’t meant to live a solitary life.<O:p</O:p

My gaze wandered across the smooth tanned skin of her face. She really was lovely. I could appreciate her stunning beauty even though I preferred males.<O:p</O:p

“What are you staring at?” she demanded, catching me off-guard. Her brown eyes flashed and she tossed a luxurious mane of blonde curls over her shoulder. Irritation underlined the move but instead of making me back off, she made me grin.<O:p</O:p

“You,” I drawled. “I’m staring at you.” I’m not sure where the urge to tease her came from, but since her attention centered on me, I continued with the impulse.<O:p</O:p

“Don’t bother, pretty boy. You’re wasting your time blinking your cute green eyes and flashing your dimples at me. I’m not interested.” South Africa colored her voice, the accent strong and brash.<O:p</O:p

My grin widened to toothy. “Most girls wait until they’re asked before assuming. But as it happens, I’m not looking for a woman.” I paused, my gaze running across her beautiful face and dipping momentarily to peruse her breasts. My gaze lifted again to caress her face. “Now if you had a brother, I might be interested.” Hell, my tongue had turned rebellious. Honesty poured from me. We gaped at each other, my words hanging between us. I figured even though I spoke the truth, she would assume I was joking. But instead of laughing, the color bleached from her face, leaving her deathly pale.
“Are you all right?”<O:p</O:p

“I’m fine. I’m meeting someone. Wrong bar.” She backed away abruptly, colliding with a solid male. She whirled, gasped and grabbed the forearm of the man she’d crashed into. “Wrong bar. Let’s go.” She tried to pull him from the bar but he stood his ground. His blond brows rose while a tiny smile played across his sensual lips.<O:p</O:p

“Aren’t you going to introduce me to your friend?”<O:p</O:p

“No,” the woman snapped. “Let’s go.”<O:p</O:p

“I’ve only just arrived.” He held out his hand and smiled at me. Slow and languid, it played hell with my libido. My heart hammered against my ribs when I placed my hand in his. Our gazes caught and held, and it wasn’t in the normal, casual way of two males meeting. It was more. Much more. Direct. A moment of pure honesty. And suddenly I knew why the woman was worried.<O:p</O:p

“I’m Lucas Huntingdon,” he said. “This is my sister Leticia.”<O:p</O:p

Sister.<O:p</O:p

I tightened my grip on Lucas’ hand. Just a fraction to let him know I returned his interest before releasing it. “Saul Sinclair.”<O:p</O:p
http://www.ellorascave.com/productpage.asp?ISBN=9781419907258

CharmedGirl
April 23rd, 2008, 05:06 AM
That was good. She does have a brother. LOL

hollie
April 26th, 2008, 02:33 PM
oh i do like the sound of these books

Koshkalady
April 26th, 2008, 07:51 PM
I am patiently (well sort of) awaiting # 6. If you haven't tried this series then here and go get it especially if you have a hankering for some hot cat men, um hmmm, love those furry feline testerone laden hunks of burning love......may have to go and do another quick reread now...
:kittydance: readingbookfast

Shelley Munro
April 26th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Thanks so much! I love writing this series - in fact I'm just taking a break from editing #6 before I get ready to send it to my editor. Coming up in a moment - a sneak preview from Assassin, which is the fourth book in the series and due out in August.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
April 26th, 2008, 09:09 PM
BLURB:

Feline shifter Leo Mitchell is the pretty brother who attracts women with ease, but he’s turned picky. He suspects the mystery blonde hanging around Middlemarch is the one for him. If only he could grab the elusive female and seduce her. Oh yeah. He craves some hot, sinful lovin’ with the lady in black leather.<O:p</O:p

Assassin Isabella Black has harbored a huge crush on hunky Leo for ages. Because the timing sucked she’s watched him from afar, praying another woman won’t snatch the hottie away before she’s free to stake a claim.<O:p</O:p

Finally the pair meet. Isabella offers her naked body but Leo counteracts with a cup of tea. Seems Leo likes to call the shots when it comes to sex. A day later they’re finally dancing horizontally. It’s smokin’ hot, steamy, delicious—everything she’s ever wanted. Isabella is ecstatic until another assassin threatens to ruin her happiness. It’s life or death now. One wrong move and her secrets will destroy the Mitchells along with everything that has become dear to her…including Leo.

EXCERPT:

The bastard was out there.

Isabella Black could feel him like an irritating itch at her nape. He was there. The same instinct that had led her to come outside searching told her he was there, hidden out of sight, waiting patiently. With heavy tension swirling in the pit of her stomach, she scanned the hills and rocky outcrops surrounding Middlemarch, resisting the urge to stomp back and forth in a show of frustration. She didn’t like the situation. It pushed her temper from calm to uncertain, which wasn’t good for someone in her line of work. Her breath escaped in an impatient hiss.

At least the target was safe, stashed in a secure house on an isolated farm. Felix Mitchell would keep his new family from harm or die in the effort. As it should be, Isabella thought with approval. Felix was an honorable man and perfect for Tomasine. Isabella swiveled silently to scan the main road dissecting the small township below. The breeze ruffled her shoulder-length hair and she brushed it off her face with an impatient hand. She reached for the case holding her high-powered rifle. Without looking down, Isabella assembled the weapon and loaded it, holding the rifle lightly in her hands. She turned slowly, eyes watchful.

No strangers. Not a thing out of the ordinary.

Then a flash of light caught her eye, just to the right of a leaning pine.

“Move again. Let me get a good look at you,” she murmured.

Patiently she waited, watched. Finally she caught the outline of a figure picking his way across the hill, slinking from rock to tree.

“That’s it,” she crooned, her fingers flexing around her rifle. She watched him in her telescopic sight, noted his familiar face. One of Mika’s cronies. Even if she hadn’t recognized him, the weapon he carried would have given him away. The man meant business. Kill or be killed. She aimed until his face lined up in the crosshairs of her sight and gently squeezed the trigger, feeling not a trace of remorse.

He fell instantly, remained still.

A quick check ensured no one had witnessed the hit. Not a soul stirred, which wasn’t unusual around Middlemarch since it was a small country town. Isabella moved carefully, needing to check for peace of mind. She watched the body up on the hill, saw he didn’t move, and cautiously approached to check his pulse. When he didn’t move, she nudged him with her foot.

Dead.

She stared down at him and couldn’t be sorry. A sleaze. The man enjoyed making his victims suffer, especially if they were women. Didn’t matter how old they were.

“But what the hell am I going to do with you now?” It wasn’t as if she could leave him there, or maybe she could, she decided after further thought. Another body might raise questions, but forensics wouldn’t connect her to his death, not even the bullets would give her away since she’d used her last African-bought bullet to do the deed.

Isabella went through his pockets and after careful consideration left his identification on his body. He had a record and was no loss. The local police would connect the dots, especially after the last suspicious death in the area. With a final quick visual check, she scooped up his weapons and left him there.

Isabella competently packed up her rifle, strode down the hill to where she’d left her bike and picked up the helmet she’d slung carelessly over the right handlebar an hour ago. After stashing her weapon bag on the back of the bike and fastening the black helmet beneath her chin, she straddled the bike and started it with a throaty roar. She coasted down the hill, deep in thought.

Another mercenary eliminated, which left Mika still wandering around somewhere. Time to flush him out. As far as she knew, he was the last assassin after Tomasine. Originally there had been eight. Over the years Isabella had taken care of the rest, but Mika was more determined than most. Skilled and wily like an old fox. A scowl twisted her lips for an instant. There was always the possibility Joseph had hired another batch of mercenaries to track down Tomasine and assassinate her. Isabella knew about men like Joseph. They never felt secure until all their enemies were dead and buried. Their propensity for paranoia kept them alive.

The scowl turned into a full-on snarl. Maybe this self-imposed guard duty would continue for years to come, and she’d never have a shot at an ordinary life…<O:p</O:p

Coming to Ellora's Cave on August 6 2008

sabby07
April 27th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Shelley, I can't wait I love these books!:orange:

Shelley Munro
April 30th, 2008, 04:36 AM
LOL - I can't wait either. I'm really excited about the recent additions I've written.

Shelley

CharmedGirl
April 30th, 2008, 05:12 AM
I love the excerpt for Assassin. The one on your website Shelley is better. Isabella is definitely trouble with a capital T.

Shelley Munro
June 8th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Here's the cover for Cat and Mouse - due out in Oct 2008.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a23/shelleymunro/Covers/catandmouse150x225.jpg

Shelley

Shelley Munro
June 8th, 2008, 04:44 PM
I've just sold another Middlemarch Mates book to Ellora's Cave. It's called Cat Burglar and features two new characters. (I'm still thinking about the twins' story)

I don't have a release date as yet.

Shelley

hollie
June 9th, 2008, 03:51 AM
congratulations Shelley and the cover is lovely i really do have to get this serise it sounds wounderfull

Shelley Munro
June 10th, 2008, 04:35 AM
Thanks, Hollie. I can't wait to see the cover for the next story.

Shelley

Dani
June 18th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Oooh, I love the cover Shelley! :wub:

CharmedGirl
June 21st, 2008, 11:38 PM
Cool cover for Cat and Mouse Shelley.

Shelley Munro
June 22nd, 2008, 12:02 AM
Thanks so much. I'm waiting on the cover for the most recent Middlemarch book called Cat Burglar. I can't wait to see what the cover artists come up with.

Shelley

CharmedGirl
September 4th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Do you think you can post an excerpt for Cat & Mouse sometime?

Shelley Munro
September 5th, 2008, 11:44 PM
Sure thing. As soon as I get home I'll post some excerpts for you. I have the new cover for Cat Burglar as well. I'll give everyone here a sneak preview before I put it up on my website.

Shelley

Dani
September 5th, 2008, 11:48 PM
That sounds great!! I can't wait to see the cover. :)

sabby07
September 6th, 2008, 12:22 AM
oh I cant wait!!!Bouncy Icon Smilie

hollie
September 6th, 2008, 01:05 PM
:huepfen017::huepfen017: me too me too :huepfen017::huepfen017:

Shelley Munro
September 15th, 2008, 04:33 PM
I thought I'd post the cover for Cat Burglar. I haven't even had time to update my website yet so you're the very first to see this cover.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a23/shelleymunro/Covers/catburglar200x300.jpg

Shelley

PS - Cat Burglar is out on 31 December 2008

redstar28
September 15th, 2008, 06:53 PM
me tooooooooooooo wolfies MINE lol

Dani
September 15th, 2008, 09:05 PM
WooHoo!!! I LOVE this cover Shelley! :wub:

Congratulations on getting it and thank you so much for letting us be the first to see it! :notworthy:

hollie
September 16th, 2008, 12:46 PM
It's lovely Shelley and it's out on my birthday

Shelley Munro
September 16th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Thanks. I liked it. I'll post the excerpt for Cat and Mouse later today or tomorrow. I need to work on my website and get that up to date today.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
September 20th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Cat and Mouse
coming from Ellora's Cave on 1 October 2008

"Duncan</st1:City>, you’re good to go in chute two,” one of the behind-scenes helpers said.

Duncan pulled on his protective vest, gently shunting thoughts of Lana to the back of his mind before striding over to the chute. Major was a top bull. He’d need all his wits about him to last eight seconds on the champion. Major’s fabulous corkscrew bucks were famous. If a cowboy lasted the distance on him, they generally placed and often in first. Duncan had drawn Major once before and to his chagrin hadn’t lasted past the second explosive buck out of the chutes.

The hooter sounded and the crowd cheered. “That was Whitie Bolton on Sinbad, the only cowboy so far to last eight seconds.”

Duncan tugged a glove from his jeans pocket and drew it on his right hand. He checked the rosin, the sticky substance applied to give extra grip, and applied a little more. Emptying his mind of everything apart from Lana he climbed up onto the chute rails to study Major, the massive crossbred Brahma bull he’d drawn. Top of the bull standings, only a handful of cowboys had ridden him to eight seconds.

Major snorted as the helpers fastened the flank strap and bull rope around his bulk. He stood quietly. Duncan didn’t relax since he’d seen this before.

“Hey, boy,” he murmured. “Let’s you and I come to an agreement.”

One of the stockmen snorted. “This is a new one. Dunc is trying to talk him into submission.”

The other stockman hooted. “It seems to work with the ladies. You going to the dance tonight?”

“Sure,” Duncan said, taking their teasing in his stride. While they poked fun at each other, the crowd following the rodeo was a tight-knit bunch. He’d miss them when he left the circuit. His involvement as a stock contractor would be a little different. He’d still need to travel, but if things went the way he wanted, he’d have Lana at his side. “I’m not knocking back a chance to dance with the ladies.”

“Make sure you leave some for us, mate,” one said.

“I’m not greedy,” Duncan said. All he wanted was one green-eyed lass called Lana. The rest he’d leave for the other men.

As Duncan climbed down onto the quivering bulk of the bull, Major started to snort and toss his head. Duncan ignored him, knowing his feline scent stirred the animal’s unease. Nothing like a little extra challenge to give a cowboy determination. He’d worked with the handicap from his first ride on a bull, and while some might see it as a disadvantage, Duncan thought it made him a better athlete.

“Whoa, steady there, Major,” one of the stockmen said. “Haven’t seen him act like this before. He’s usually as docile as a lamb until he springs from the chute.”

“Must be me,” Duncan said with unconcern, having experienced it before. He settled himself on the broad back, planted his hat firmly on his head and adjusted his grip on the bull rope. When the all clear sounded, Duncan clamped his legs around the bull’s middle, nodded his head and the gate opened.

“This is Duncan Ross riding the champion bull Major. Only a handful of cowboys have ridden this bull for eight seconds,” the announcer shouted, his voice rising in clear excitement.

Major exploded from the chute, springing high and tucking his bulky body into his signature corkscrew. The bull landed hard, jarring Duncan’s entire torso before spinning rapidly and kicking back in a series of spine-jarring twists. Dust rose in a cloud, obscuring his vision. Duncan’s hat went flying. He heard the dim roar of the crowd but his mind centered on the quivering mass of muscle beneath him and on his technique. He kept his left hand high and well away from both himself and the bull to prevent disqualification, letting his body flow with the bull’s movement. Nothing fancy required here because Major was a good bucker. All he needed to do was stay aboard. Another buck snapped his body painfully upright. The wind whistled past his ears. Duncan felt himself slipping and knew one more tricky twist from the bull and he’d be history. He rode out a smaller, less powerful buck, regaining his balance. Hot damn, the hooter must be close. Stay on. He could do it, go out on his last ride as a winner. Fuck, this seemed a long eight seconds. Major spun and Duncan’s body lurched to the side.

The hooter sounded.

The crowd roared approval. Behind him the thunder of the pick-up horses sounded. Sometimes it was damn well harder to get off a bull than clambering on. Major bellowed and bucked again. The horses caught up and a wiry arm came around his waist, dragging Duncan off before Major could toss him.

“Great ride for Duncan Ross. Eight seconds on Major. That’s one for the history books,” the announcer shouted with excitement.

The pick-up man let Duncan slide to his feet and he sauntered back to pick up his hat, slapping it against his chaps before planting it on his head again. Grinning, he waved to the crowd, adrenaline still pumping through his body. As he climbed the railings to exit the arena, he scanned the crowd hoping to see Lana. Disappointment hit him in the gut when he couldn’t see her. He jumped down and immediately the other cowboys surrounded him to offer congratulations on his ride.

“Good one, Dunc,” Whitie said. “You’ve got a good chance at the championship this year.”

“Don’t think so,” Duncan said. “I’m retiring. That was my last ride.”

Shelley Munro
September 20th, 2008, 06:07 PM
To read a different scene check out the Cat and Mouse page on my website (http://www.shelleymunro.com/coming-soon/).

Or, if you're a member of my newsletter you can read the entire first chapter. Join my newsletter here (http://www.shelleymunro.com/news/).

Email or message me once you've joined my newsletter and I'll send you the issue you've just missed - the one with the info about Cat and Mouse.

Shelley

Dani
September 20th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Excellent excerpt Shelley! I'll be checking my email to read the first chapter. :biggrin:

klmc37
September 21st, 2008, 06:06 PM
Great cover Shelley.

Kimmyl

Shelley Munro
September 21st, 2008, 10:51 PM
Hey, Dani. I'm glad you enjoyed the excerpt. Cat and Mouse is one of my favorites in the series. Oh, what am I saying? They're all my favorites!!

Shelley

Shelley Munro
September 21st, 2008, 10:52 PM
Great cover Shelley.

Kimmyl

Thanks, Kimmy. I think it's rather nice!

Shelley

Shelley Munro
January 13th, 2009, 03:40 PM
The next book in the Middlemarch Mates series, Leticia's Lovers will be out on Feb 27.

Here's the blurb:

Lion shifter Leticia Huntingdon has FIV, the feline version of AIDS. For months she’s been in remission, treated by Gavin Finley, the Middlemarch feline doctor. Now the disease has returned. Her feelings for Gavin can’t go anywhere because of the FIV, so it shouldn’t hurt when Gavin turns to Charlie, the new male cop.
Gavin can’t believe how good sex is with Charlie, can’t believe he’s found a mate. The loving is amazing and hot, but Gavin can’t forget Leticia. He wants her in his life. He wants Charlie too. Confusion and jealousy create torrid undercurrents for the trio.
Charlie McKenzie falls for Gavin quickly and can’t understand why he’s attracted to Leticia. A nightmare changes everything, drawing the three together and bringing new possibilities. A ménage a trois. Raw need and passion brings them closer. If only the disease threatening Leticia’s life didn’t loom on the horizon…

To read an excerpt go to my website:
http://www.shelleymunro.com/books/leticias-lovers/

Shelley

hollie
January 13th, 2009, 07:00 PM
that sounds cool Shelley :notworthy: I've got all 6 now but i've only read 5 of them now i'm behind on reviews again so it will have to wait

CharmedGirl
January 13th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Sounds awesome Shelley. I'll have to get all the books in this series.

Shelley Munro
January 14th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Hollie - I hope you enjoyed the ones you've read. I'm working on another at the moment. :)

Thanks, Bec!

Shelley

hollie
January 14th, 2009, 06:58 PM
I loved them and as soon as i get caught up on review books I'll read number 6

Shelley Munro
January 16th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Hollie - I can't wait to hear what readers say about book 7, which is out next month. I had tears in my eyes when I was writing it, so I hope that emotion translates to readers. Feb 27 can't come quickly enough for me.

Shelley

Dani
January 18th, 2009, 10:13 PM
You went big writing about FIV. I don't think that any author before has thought about writing a character with this disease. Knowing me, I will probably end up crying when I get to this book. I had a cat with FIV and she made it to 7 human years before she got so sick that we had to put her down, so I get a little sad when I hear about a cat with the disease.

Good luck with the release of this book. :huepfen017:

Shelley Munro
January 19th, 2009, 12:25 AM
Dani,

I'm sorry to hear that. FIV is a horrid disease - I know well from my research. I cried while I was writing and editing this story, but it does have a happy ending. I promise.

I first mentioned FIV in Stray Cat Strut where Leticia was first introduced. It's taken me a while to find the right ending for Leticia.

Hugs,
Shelley

Dani
January 19th, 2009, 12:59 AM
I'm glad to hear that it has a happy ending! I haven't gotten to read Stray Cat Strut yet, so I hadn't seen that you wrote about it there.

My cat that had it did pretty well it seemed, but then again I was a kid. I was a thirteen when she passed and I remember the pain she had towards the end. It killed me to see, but we didn't let her suffer at all. As soon as we noticed the changes in her we knew it was time.

This is my sweet girl Muffin and what she did best. LOL!
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa136/dani274/Muffin2.jpg

Shelley Munro
January 21st, 2009, 04:27 AM
Aw, lovely photo. We had a ginger cat when we were kids. His name was Mickey and he was the most patient cat I've ever seen. We used to dress him up in clothes and tote him around in a pram.

It's so hard when animals are sick or old. They're so much a part of the family. Our little dog is 15. Over Christmas she wasn't very well and we feared the worst. She's rallied with medication and some rest. Each day we have with her now is precious. When she's well she comes up to me when I'm trying to work and does this staring thing until I get her something to eat. She's so funny. She doesn't have a weight problem and we pretty much feed her on demand these days, loving her for her cheeky manner.

Hugs,
Shelley

hollie
January 26th, 2009, 07:33 AM
i finished Cat burglar last night now i can't wait for the next one poor Jonno is so confused i want to know what is going to happen as well

Shelley Munro
February 8th, 2009, 03:09 PM
It's not long to wait now, Hollie. It will be interesting to see what you all think of Leticia's Lovers because it made me cry while I was writing it. That doesn't normally happen.

Shelley

hollie
February 9th, 2009, 09:59 AM
aww now i really am going to have to read it when is it released??

Shelley Munro
February 26th, 2009, 04:11 AM
I'll try and post an excerpt for you tomorrow, Hollie. I've been flat out with edits and writing recently and haven't been online as much.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
February 26th, 2009, 11:30 PM
So, Leticia's Lovers is the seventh book in my Middlemarch series. Here's the very first scene, which gets straight to the heart of the problem. Leticia's Lovers is out tomorrow - 27 Feb from Ellora's Cave

LETICIA'S LOVERS by Shelley Munro

Leticia Huntingdon scrutinized the hair in her brush and knew the FIV or feline immunodeficiency virus was no longer dormant. A healthy feline shifter simply didn’t lose this much hair during the grooming process. Fear, stark and frightening, kicked her in the gut and her legs trembled so much she thought she’d fall if she didn’t sit. She sank onto the bed, the tremors speeding to her hands as well as her legs.
“Damn,” she whispered.
A glance at her wristwatch confirmed she didn’t have much time before someone thumped on her bedroom door. The last thing she wanted to do tonight was socialize at a birthday party, but if she said she didn’t want to attend, her brother Lucas and his partner Saul Sinclair would start to worry. And she didn’t want that. They’d both been so good to her—Lucas leaving the pride in South Africa to stay with her, and Saul and his leopard-shifter friends accepting her without hesitation.
Her gaze drifted to the tufts of blonde hair clinging to the black bristles of her brush and this time anger bloomed, hot and consuming. It wasn’t fair. Nothing about this was fair. Her ex-lover, who had given her the disease by raping her and ripping open her shoulder, had never faced justice, his position as a lawyer keeping him safe. His word against hers. She’d thought she’d discovered a home in Middlemarch, yet the disease, the feline equivalent of HIV in humans, would steal that from her.
No cure.
The two words echoed mockingly through her head. Gavin Finley, the local vet and doctor to the shifters, had told her the prognosis was good, that they might not be able to cure the disease but could manage it. According to him, although she had the disease, the symptoms were mild and only exacerbated by stress. So managed it they had, and pretty well. Thanks to Gavin, her health remained good, apart from the latest sign. Not so good. Gavin had mentioned the symptoms to look for and losing hair sat at the top of the list along with weight loss and difficulty breathing. A harsh sigh whooshed up her throat, burning all the way.
AIDS. Such a little word. Such a big disease.
Tears obscured her normally excellent vision, making her reflection waver in the mirror.
A tap sounded on her bedroom door. “Leticia, sweetheart. Are you almost ready? We’re going to be late to the party. We still have to drive to Middlemarch.” Saul. Leticia sucked in a deep breath, fighting anxiety and dredging up anger to hide her fear.
“Bite me. Don’t you know you always have to wait on women?” she added, dragging the brush through her hair again and forcing humor into her voice despite the terror curling across her face. “Always in a hurry.”
“Sweetheart, I’d love to bite you, but I don’t want to upset your brother,” Saul countered smoothly.
Leticia couldn’t help the involuntary smirk when she heard a familiar masculine growl in the background. Lucas. It was all a front. Her brother and Saul were crazy about each other. Mates.
Unthinking, she drew the brush through her hair again. Her heart skipped a beat when she saw more loose strands glinting amongst the bristles. Setting it aside, she picked up a comb. It didn’t stop the fall of hair. Apprehension lurched through her mind, her recent weight loss taking on a sinister meaning. How could this happen almost overnight? Dammit, she’d followed all of Gavin’s instructions, eating properly. Cosseting herself and keeping stress to a minimum. True, things were difficult at work, the pressure of a big case making for long days. She’d thought she was coping.
By the time she finished, her long blonde curls appeared tidier and less. Thin. Too thin. A hat. She’d have to wear a hat. She’d get through tonight and after that…
Well, she didn’t want to think about that now. Dying at a relatively young age wasn’t something she wanted to dwell on tonight. She shoved the thought aside and stood.
Leticia dressed rapidly, rejecting the black trousers she’d intended to wear in favor of a short red skirt. She needed to distract tonight, and bright colors and long legs would do the trick. Deftly, she twisted her hair into a loose knot at the back of her neck. A low-cut red, black and cream top covered her upper half and hid the scar on her shoulder from public view. With her makeup already done, all she needed to do was add dangling earrings and a jaunty black hat. She slipped her feet into black slides, the heels giving her a couple of extra inches in height. After grabbing a black clutch and looping the long strap over her shoulder, she pasted on a smile in preparation for the best acting job of her life.
“About time,” Lucas said when she strolled into their den. He and Saul were standing so close, she knew she’d interrupted a romantic moment. Envy washed through her in a wave, followed closely by self-pity. Gavin. Every time she saw him she wanted to jump him. They were compatible. Definitely possible mates.
“Are you sure you don’t want me to leave?” she asked, aiming for light and teasing. Leticia surprised herself with her acting abilities, but then she’d had plenty of practice recently, pretending she cared nothing for Gavin Finley, the shifter doctor. “It looked to me as if you were having a private moment.” She arched a brow, letting the ghost of a smile quiver her lips. Yep, award-winning performance.
“Shut your mouth, brat,” her brother drawled, the familiar South African accent bringing a yearning for home. She was home, she reminded herself. The savannah land of the veld was no longer her habitat.
“She needs to get her own man,” Saul said, his green eyes glinting with mischief. “Gavin wants you. Why don’t you stop running and let him catch you for a change?”
Lucas nodded agreement, and Leticia had to swallow rapidly to force back the building emotion. She would not cry. She would not.

“There’s no magic between us,” she said, once again forcing out the lie without flinching or lowering her gaze. If things had been different she would have mated with Gavin by now. After meeting with him, she’d realized the feelings she’d had for her ex were a pale imitation. No. No matter how much she craved the same closeness Saul and her brother experienced, she refused to put Gavin through the trauma of being with her and unable to officially bestow the mark. One taste of her blood and she’d pass on the FIV virus. Unthinkable to place Gavin under the same death sentence she struggled with on a daily basis. When she realized both men still studied her she added, “Besides, I’ve seen how it is between you and Saul. Why would I settle for anything less? Why would Gavin settle for me when we all know he can’t complete the mating process? It would be difficult for both of us because we couldn’t have a proper feline relationship.”
“She has a point,” Saul said.
Any other day Leticia would have snapped back a witty rejoinder, thriving on teasing the two. Not today. She turned for the door.
“Emily said there are other single males attending,” Lucas said. “Maybe you’ll hit it off with one of them.”
“Maybe.” Leticia kept her reply noncommittal. Let her brother and Saul think there was hope. She knew better.
<O:phttp://www.jasminejade.com/ps-6902-50-leticias-lovers.aspx</O:p
<O:pShelley</O:p

Shelley Munro
February 26th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Oh, I meant to add - this book is a stand alone, although if you'd like to read the book where Leticia was first introduced, you should check out Stray Cat Strut.

Stray Cat Strut features Saul and Lucas' journey to love.

Shelley :)

CharmedGirl
February 28th, 2009, 03:09 PM
I have to get this book. It sounds great Shelley.

hollie
February 28th, 2009, 09:20 PM
or now i need to read it it sounds amazing Shelley

Dani
March 1st, 2009, 10:07 PM
or now i need to read it it sounds amazing Shelley
I need to as well Hollie! This blurb just isn't enough. :)

CharmedGirl
March 2nd, 2009, 12:44 AM
I have to read the first six before I can read Leticia's Lovers.

Shelley Munro
March 3rd, 2009, 03:59 AM
Bec - I hope you enjoy Scarlet Woman. :-)

Shelley

Shelley Munro
March 3rd, 2009, 04:01 AM
Dani and Hollie - I hope you both enjoy Leticia's story. I'm hard at work on the next story in the series. I love writing this series.

Shelley

CharmedGirl
March 3rd, 2009, 06:57 AM
Bec - I hope you enjoy Scarlet Woman. :-)

Shelley

I loved Scarlet Woman. And I loved Peeping Tom, Stray Cat Strut and Assassin. I'm getting through this series very quickly. :notworthy:

I really, really loved Assassin. Leo Mitchell is totally cool!

Shelley Munro
March 5th, 2009, 05:36 AM
I'm partial to Leo as well. I'm almost ready to do the twins book. They've aged a little now and I think I should get their story written this year.'

I'm currently writing a story about two new characters - a brother and a sister who get a story each and then the twins will get their turn.

I'm glad you're enjoying the stories.

Shelley

CharmedGirl
March 5th, 2009, 03:17 PM
I've just finished Leticia's Lovers. OMG I cried big time but I loved the ending.

Shelley Munro
March 7th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Bec,

Thanks! I'm beaming. I cried while I was writing it, and then I cried again when I did my editing.

Shelley

hollie
March 7th, 2009, 04:54 PM
I've just finished Leticia's Lovers. OMG I cried big time but I loved the ending.

:gun_bandana:don't you dare say a word i haven't had time to read it yet (how long is it can i sneek it in between reveiw books)

i will read it soon i promise shelley

CharmedGirl
March 7th, 2009, 05:21 PM
:gun_bandana:don't you dare say a word i haven't had time to read it yet (how long is it can i sneek it in between reveiw books)

i will read it soon i promise shelley

That's why I just said I loved the ending because I didn't want to spoil it for you. LOL

Hopefully you'll get time to read it between reviews Hollie.

Shelley Munro
March 12th, 2009, 03:17 AM
My lips are buttoned!!
BTW - I've just finished the first draft for my next Middlemarch story. I'm really pleased with it. This books leads automatically to another, which I'm going to start tomorrow. I love my job. :)

Shelley

hollie
March 12th, 2009, 03:25 PM
that is just teasing FunnyTongueSmilie

if it leads one into the next is it the twins? you have been talking about them.

i'm going to start your book tonight i finished my review books early just so i could read it :wub:

CharmedGirl
March 12th, 2009, 04:03 PM
i'm going to start your book tonight i finished my review books early just so i could read it :wub:

It's a great book Hollie. You'll love it.

Shelley Munro
April 11th, 2009, 06:23 PM
I've just signed the contracts for book eight in my Middlemarch series.

CatNap introduces a brother and sister to the series, and Catnap is the brother's story.

The next story I write will be the sister's story and then I'm tackling those twins. I think I'm ready for Joe and Sly now. :err: Maybe...

No, just teasing. That's definitely what is going to happen in Middlemarch.

Sister's story - with cameos by the twins then the twins meet their match...

Shelley

PS - I don't have a release date or an official blurb yet for CatNap, but I'll post them as soon as I do.

Dani
April 11th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Sounds great Shelley! I'll be looking forward to it.

Shelley Munro
April 11th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Thanks, Dani. I love that little devil. It is a devil, right?

hollie
April 11th, 2009, 06:29 PM
oh wow can't wait to read them and i am really looking forward to the twins book

Shelley Munro
April 11th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Hollie - a lot of readers want the twins' book. I had to wait for them to grow up a little. And then there's the fact that the two of them gang up on me. I try to tell them it's bad harassing the poor writer. Saber thinks it's funny that they're picking on someone else...

Shelley

Dani
April 11th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Thanks, Dani. I love that little devil. It is a devil, right?
Yes, it's a little devil. I love him too. :)

CharmedGirl
April 12th, 2009, 06:01 AM
I can't wait till the next Middlemarch story is released Shelley. And the twins book that is going to be great. Those twins are so cool!

Shelley Munro
May 19th, 2009, 03:58 PM
I've updated my website with an excerpt and blurb for CatNap. CatNap will be out in Sep 2009.

I've also added a free PDF of the Mitchell Family Tree for readers to download.

Shelley

CharmedGirl
May 19th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Cool Shelley. I'll be sure to go read the excerpt.

Shelley Munro
June 8th, 2010, 04:50 PM
http://www.shelleymunro.com/wp-content/tigerbythetail_200x300.jpg

Publisher: Ellora’s Cave
ISBN-13: 9781419928161
Genre: Paranormal, Feline shapeshifter, Menage a Trois
Series: Middlemarch Mates 9
Release Date: July 9, 2010
Format: eBook
Length: Novel

Middlemarch Mates, Book Nine

One plus one equals three.

Tiger shifter Hari Daya takes one look at Ambar Patel’s photo and is smitten. Further research heightens his fascination. An arranged marriage would work, except the lady isn’t buying and tells him to take a hike.

Ambar is already involved with human Jake Quinn. Casual pleasure and lovin’ works best for her since she dreams of traveling the world and delving into new experiences. The frisson of heat and desire she feels for Hari is unacceptable. There will be no tiger mate for her.

Jake Quinn has no idea either his lover or his new friend are shifters, but there sure as hell is something weird going on in his head. As much as he enjoys sex with Ambar, he’s thinking about Hari too. Suddenly there’s kissing and togetherness way past his comfort zone. The slide into sinful pleasure with both Hari and Ambar is easy—it’s the relationship dynamics that give them headaches and make them wonder if they’re making a huge mistake.

Shelley Munro
June 8th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Tiger By The Tail is out on 9 July at Ellora's Cave. Here's an excerpt.

An unfamiliar car sat outside Jake’s house when she pulled up. Surely Jake didn’t have visitors now when he was so tired?

She grabbed the casserole dish from the passenger seat, and after a brief knock, she opened the front door and entered the house. The scent of food drifted to her. Exotic spices. A curry of some sort.

Ambar burst into the kitchen. “Jake, I thought I was making—” She came to an abrupt halt and blinked, trying to clear the naked image that sprang to mind the second she saw him. “You! What are you doing here?”

“I live here,” Hari said.

“But you…you…said you were leaving.” Good grief. She was stuttering. Ambar swallowed. “You said you were leaving Middlemarch.” Fate was definitely laughing her ass off right now.

“I never said that.” Hari turned away to stir something in a pot. “Jake said you were coming around. He’s in the shower. Do you want a drink? There’s a bottle of white wine in the fridge.”

“Wine? Ah sure. Okay. I’ll get it.” Ambar set the casserole on the counter and grabbed a wineglass from the cupboard. “Do you want one?”

“I’ll take a beer, thanks.”

Hari didn’t seem surprised to see her. Did he realize she and Jake were together? Lovers? He didn’t seem uncomfortable with the fact. It made her feel better about sending him away despite the dash of pique sprinkling her relief. Even now her skin tingled at his close proximity and she didn’t like it one bit. Pressing her lips together, she handed him a can of beer. “I’ll go and see how long Jake will be.”

Ambar hurried down the passage to the bathroom, trying to tell herself she wasn’t fleeing again. She knocked on the door and stuck her head into the bathroom. “Jake?”

“Hey!” He grinned at her and wrapped a towel around his waist.

Her gaze ran across his chest and the faint trail of hair that ran beneath the towel. Her agitation faded, replaced by frank appreciation. “Don’t dress on my account.”

“I wouldn’t want to scare my new roomie.”

“Hari is staying?” Ambar had no idea what was going on here. Confusion. Yep, her new middle name. “Here?”

“Hari wanted to stay in Middlemarch. He said he knew some people here and intended to stay longer. I can use the company and the money, so it works out for both of us.”

Ambar nodded, but all she could think was that Jake didn’t know the truth. He didn’t know Hari had traveled from the other end of the world to marry her. Anger started to flare inside her. If Hari wanted to play games, let him. She didn’t intend to change her mind about marrying him. She ignored the frisson of excitement she’d felt the second time they met, the way she couldn’t push either him or his enticing scent from her mind. None of that mattered. Her life would progress without an arranged marriage, without Hari Daya. Oh yeah. Let the games begin.

Dani
June 8th, 2010, 08:24 PM
This sounds so good! I'll have to put some money back to get it after it releases.

Shelley Munro
June 8th, 2010, 10:50 PM
LOL - I hope you enjoy it Dani. If you're like me, your To Buy pile is enormous. I'm alway earmarking money for books. Just as well I have an understanding husband.

Shelley

Dani
June 8th, 2010, 11:31 PM
Yes, my TBB pile is huge! I won Gift Certs. for MBaM, so I'll be able to buy some books I find and I haven't gotten to do that in a long time. LOL

CharmedGirl
June 9th, 2010, 12:08 AM
Congratulations on the upcoming release Shelley.

Love the excerpt.

Shelley Munro
June 9th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Yes, my TBB pile is huge! I won Gift Certs. for MBaM, so I'll be able to buy some books I find and I haven't gotten to do that in a long time. LOL

Gift certificates are good! I give away a gift certificate at my blog every three months to one of the people that visit my blog. It's much easier not having to pay postage and the recipient is usually very happy as well.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
June 9th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Congratulations on the upcoming release Shelley.

Love the excerpt.

Thanks, Bec! I'm looking forward to release day. I haven't had a release at EC for a while.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
July 9th, 2010, 08:54 PM
Here's an excerpt for Tiger By The Tail

“I’ll let you get dressed,” Ambar said.

“You don’t have to leave.” The glow in Jake’s blue eyes gave her a fair idea of what he had in mind.

“Later.” To take the sting off her abruptness, she moved closer, curling her fingers into his biceps and kissed him. A hum of pleasure hit her when their lips touched, followed by a dose of his addictive scent—the one she found so pleasing yet so difficult to describe. It contained a hint of soap, the muskiness of man and an indefinable something she could never express in words. Hari’s scent held the same unknown quantity. It pleased her feline so much she had the urge to shift to tiger and wallow in the deliciousness of it. Now wouldn’t that scare the crap out of Jake? She snorted inwardly, feeling snippy because inappropriate thoughts of Hari were spoiling this intimate moment with her hottie.

When she pulled back, he grinned at her. “Are you sure we can’t head straight to the bedroom?”

“I’m starving,” Ambar protested. “You’ll have to feed me first.” Her stomach rumbled to back up her words.

“You’re always hungry. You should have an ass the size of a bus.”

There was a moment of startled silence where Ambar fought to keep her twitching lips still. She would not laugh. She would not.

Instead, she managed a sniff. “I have a fast metabolism.” She, Kiran and Rohan had discussed telling Jake about her tiger status. They’d decided as long as the relationship remained casual, Jake didn’t need to know anything. If the situation changed and talk of marriage emerged, obviously Jake would have to learn about her feline part. That would never happen.

Jake eyed her warily. “Sorry. That wasn’t very nice.”

A laugh exploded from Ambar. “Probably on par with me saying you have a small dick.”

Jake winced. “Ouch.”

“Don’t worry,” she cooed. “We both know it’s not true.”

“I need to spank your ass.”

“Ooh, fun and games. Maybe later tonight.”

“It’s a date.” Jake leaned over to nuzzle her neck, scoring his teeth over the fleshy part where shoulder and neck met. He’d done it before and she’d liked it, but this time she groaned out loud at the intense flash of pleasure emanating from the traditional marking site for feline shifters. Grasping his shoulders, she clung, tilting her head to give him better access. Her breasts felt heavy, her nipples tightening again. With her excellent sense of smell, she knew her pussy was moist and ready for Jake’s possession.

A brisk knock on the door jerked Ambar from the sensual spell.

“Dinner is ready,” Hari called through the door.

“Go,” Jake said in his husky voice. “I’ll be out in a couple of minutes.”

Ambar left, her trembling legs getting her to the kitchen somehow.

“I didn’t realize you and Jake were together.” Hari’s watchful eyes took in her pink cheeks and the flare of his nostrils told her he could smell her arousal. A glow lit his eyes and she took a hasty step back, putting the island counter between them. It wasn’t that she was afraid he’d grab her. No, so far he’d acted like a gentleman. The problem was her. Each time they were in the same room, her thoughts drifted into inappropriate territory. Naked…she shook her head sharply, hoping to jog the vision away.

“Jake and I have been together for almost six months.”

Hari nodded, his scarred face remaining expressionless. Ambar wanted to shake a reaction from him. If it were her, she’d feel pissed, yet Iceman here wasn’t reacting at all.

“Do you want me to do anything to help?” Maybe if she concentrated on something else the edgy sensation she experienced with him would disappear.

Hari jerked his head in the direction of the table. “Set the table for me?”

“Sure.” Ambar moved to the cutlery drawer, pleased to have something to do. There was something wrong with a woman who lusted after two different men in the space of five minutes.

“That smells really good. What is it?”

“Chicken korma and rice.”

“Do you like cooking?”

“I find it relaxing, and it helps me think through any problems I’m having with work.”

Curiosity bloomed in Ambar. “What sort of work do you do?”

“I’m a designer. Mainly websites, but sometimes I design book covers or help with online advertising campaigns.”

“Hari’s designing a game as well,” Jake said, entering the kitchen.

The vague suspicions inside Ambar transformed into alarm. “How long are you staying in Middlemarch?”

Hari shrugged. “I’m not sure. I like what I’ve seen of the town and surrounding countryside. I can work anywhere. It might as well be Middlemarch.”

Ambar’s eyes narrowed. “So you’re staying here indefinitely?”

Jake padded past her on bare feet to grab a beer from the fridge. “Stop interrogating him. If Hari’s cooking tastes as good as it smells, he can stay for as long as he likes.”

Hari winked and handed her a plate of curry and rice. Ambar opened her mouth to blast him, cast a quick, frustrated look at Jake and shut her mouth again.

It was the weirdest thing sitting at the kitchen table with the two men. Despite her unease, Hari and Jake conversed easily and laughed often. Neither of them ignored her—in fact, they went out of their way to include her, but she still found it strange eating dinner with her lover and an ex-prospective husband. Then there was the flirting stuff… Nah, it was her imagination. Hari’s arrival had upset her, making her imagine sexual things.

http://www.shelleymunro.com (http://www.shelleymunro.com/)
http://www.jasminejade.com/pm-8481-127-tiger-by-the-tail.aspx<O:p</O:p

Shelley Munro
July 9th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Still bemused with the situation, Ambar served the two men with seconds and drinks. Jake expected her to stay the night. Heck, she wanted to stay the night, but it was gonna feel weird because Hari’s feline senses would let him overhear and smell…everything.

Eek! A wave of heat suffused her face. She met Hari’s gaze and watched his eyes narrow. He glanced at Jake and back at her before shoveling in another mouthful of curry. His careful expression told her Hari guessed both her thoughts and unease.

Ambar returned to her seat and finished her dinner in silence, listening to the two men talking. Who knew that a website designer and a farmer would have so much in common? And why hadn’t she known Jake was so interested in computers? She knew he’d argued with his father for a long time about putting all their records on computer. Since he’d taken over the farm, he’d spent many evenings working to set up everything on his computer. His accounts and stock records, he’d told her.

The night moved on with the three of them doing the dishes and cleaning the kitchen together before watching a movie. They all sat on the large couch because that was the best vantage spot. Ambar sat between the two men to watch the adventure flick containing lots of car chases and shooting. She couldn’t have repeated the plot even if someone had given her a huge monetary incentive, not with the body heat of both men searing her sides, their scent winding through her with every uneasy breath she dragged into her lungs. The warmth seeped deep to her bones, making her heart race and her pussy pulse with awareness. Worse, she could smell her arousal and knew if she could, then her problem wouldn’t be a mystery to Hari. Damn feline senses.

She started to fidget.
“You okay?” Jake caught her hand and laced their fingers together.
“Yes.” A lie. She knew it, and judging by Hari’s quick glance, he knew it too. She almost cried with relief when Jake put his arm around her shoulders and drew her closer. She sank against his muscular chest and continued to stare at the action on the screen, still not taking in a thing because of her frenzied thoughts. Maybe she should go home after all?
Hari shifted his weight a fraction, bringing their legs into contact again. She started to move then stopped. If she moved her leg or scuttled home to safety, she’d be letting Hari win, letting him think his opinion or presence mattered to her. He knew about her and Jake. Let him deal with it.
The decision eased some of her angst and allowed her to relax. It was time to show Hari she meant what she said. She was with Jake, and the weird attraction she was feeling for Hari was nothing more than feminine appreciation for a sexy male.
http://www.jasminejade.com/pm-8481-127-tiger-by-the-tail.aspx

Shelley

CharmedGirl
July 9th, 2010, 11:37 PM
Another great excerpt Shelley. I love the Middlemarch mate series.

Shelley Munro
July 10th, 2010, 04:55 AM
Thanks, Bec. I've started the twins' story...at long last.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
August 1st, 2010, 05:05 PM
It's not long until book ten is out - 11 August for Blue Lady. Meantime, why don't you join us at Coffeewrite August. I'm going to start a Middlemarch story later this evening.

Shelley

CharmedGirl
August 2nd, 2010, 04:42 PM
I'm reading book 9 - Tiger by the Tail at the moment. Totally loving it!

hollie
August 2nd, 2010, 05:26 PM
I read book 9 when it first came out ~ well when i got out of hospital anyway. it is great Shelley i can't wait for the twins book. is that going to be the last one or are you bringing new people in?

Shelley Munro
August 3rd, 2010, 03:27 AM
I'm reading book 9 - Tiger by the Tail at the moment. Totally loving it!

Thanks, Bec. I'm glad you're enjoying the confusion between the three characters. They were a lot of fun to write.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
August 3rd, 2010, 03:30 AM
I read book 9 when it first came out ~ well when i got out of hospital anyway. it is great Shelley i can't wait for the twins book. is that going to be the last one or are you bringing new people in?

Thanks, Hollie. Yes, I've started the twins story, although it's moving slowly because I've had to stop for a couple of other projects.

Yes, their story will be the last for a while. I'm not saying I won't ever go back to Middlemarch, but I'm taking a break. I'll be working on follow ups to House of the Cat once I've finished the twins' story.

Shelley

CharmedGirl
August 3rd, 2010, 04:06 AM
Thanks, Bec. I'm glad you're enjoying the confusion between the three characters. They were a lot of fun to write.

Shelley

Yeah I am getting a little confused by the three characters at the moment. But I'll figure it all out...eventually!

hollie
August 3rd, 2010, 11:12 AM
Thanks, Hollie. Yes, I've started the twins story, although it's moving slowly because I've had to stop for a couple of other projects.

Yes, their story will be the last for a while. I'm not saying I won't ever go back to Middlemarch, but I'm taking a break. I'll be working on follow ups to House of the Cat once I've finished the twins' story.

Shelley

oh thats cool as well i liked that story and it has loads of scope for more stories or a video game? Laugh it Up fuzball

CharmedGirl
August 3rd, 2010, 05:03 PM
oh thats cool as well i liked that story and it has loads of scope for more stories or a video game? Laugh it Up fuzball

A video game would be pretty cool idea Hollie.

Shelley Munro
August 4th, 2010, 04:00 AM
LOL Bec, In Tiger By the Tail, Hari is designing a video game called House of the Cat.

Shelley

CharmedGirl
August 4th, 2010, 04:19 AM
I love that part. It sounds like a pretty cool game.

Shelley Munro
August 4th, 2010, 04:42 AM
My editor thought so too.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
August 11th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Blue Lady is out today at Ellora's Cave. Emily might be feeling blue, but I can promise there's a happy ending.

Here's the blurb:

Middlemarch Mates, Book Ten<O:p</O:p

Saber and Emily are longtime mates. Happiness has been theirs, until the tragic loss of their unborn baby.<O:p</O:p

Saber is desperate. Emily has shut him out, wallowing in depression. They inhabit the same house but his loving mate has withdrawn, and he wants his happy, matchmaking woman back. It’s time to up the ante. Armed with a bag of sex toys from his wild twin brothers and a tropical island setting, Saber is determined to seduce his mate to his way of thinking, to drive the blues away, and he won’t take no for an answer.

<O:phttp://www.jasminejade.com/pm-8523-127-blue-lady.aspx</O:p
<O:pShelley</O:p

CharmedGirl
August 11th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Sounds great Shelley. Can't wait to read it.

Shelley Munro
August 12th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Thanks, Bec.

Shelley

hollie
August 12th, 2010, 04:17 PM
i get book money next week so i'll get it then, you slipped this one in didn't you i thought the only story left was the twins, but i'm glad that these two get to sort things out they deserve to be happy again :notworthy:

CharmedGirl
August 12th, 2010, 04:32 PM
i get book money next week so i'll get it then, you slipped this one in didn't you i thought the only story left was the twins, but i'm glad that these two get to sort things out they deserve to be happy again :notworthy:

Same here Hollie. I thought the twins story was the only one to go as well.

Shelley Munro
August 14th, 2010, 05:46 PM
I couldn't leave poor Emily like that. I needed her settled again. ;)

Shelley

Shelley Munro
September 16th, 2010, 04:27 AM
I received an awesome review for Blue Lady, book 10 in my Middlemarch Mates series from Whipped Cream Reviews.

"Blue Lady condenses love down to its foundation and provides a reader with a hero and heroine who truly illustrate what romance is all about. I loved the lengths Saber went to to get through to Emily and cheered for them both when things finally came to a head and they both revealed what was inside their hearts. The story is beautiful, passionate, well written and a delight to read. If a reader is looking for a sweet and hot romance, they’ll find it here."

Read the full review here (http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/2010/09/blue-lady-by-shelley-munro.html).

Shelley

CharmedGirl
September 16th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Congratulations on the awesome review Shelley.

Dani
September 17th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Great review Shelley! That's wonderful. :biggrin:

Shelley Munro
September 20th, 2010, 06:04 AM
Thanks, Bec. Thanks, Dani. I was thrilled with the review.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
March 28th, 2011, 04:20 AM
Twin Trouble, the very last Middlemarch Mates story is due out on 1 April at Ellora's Cave.

I think you'll find a few surprises in this story :)

Here's the blurb:

Twin Trouble<O:p</O:p
Shelley Munro<O:p</O:p

Middlemarch Mates, Book Eleven<O:p</O:p

Man wanted: confident and charismatic, a virtuoso in bed and capable of supporting a woman in her quest for freedom.<O:p</O:p

Shifter Kiera Pascoe is desperate to foil her brothers’ plan to ship her back to England. She needs help, and hunky Joe Mitchell is the perfect applicant. Joe misses his twin Sly, and Kiera presents a diversion from his isolated state. From the start, hunger explodes between them and sparks fly with each intoxicating touch. The sex is fun and challenging—mutual ecstasy with a little spanking and kink.<O:p</O:p

Sly arrives home unexpectedly, creating chaos with their erotic hijinks. Emotions tangle and create a dilemma for all three. Joe has feelings for Kiera and wants to keep her. Kiera worries about exchanging one set of pushy males for another while Sly lusts after his twin’s lover. Two sexy shifter twins and one gorgeous feline woman—they’ve got trouble in Middlemarch and it’s gonna take time to unravel the steamy muddle.<O:p</O:p

Shelley

Dani
April 11th, 2011, 10:16 PM
I'm going to have to get this one day. It sounds fantastic! :biggrin:

Shelley Munro
April 13th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Thanks, Dani. I hope you enjoy it.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
April 22nd, 2011, 04:07 AM
Lightning Strikes Twice is out on the 25th April. This is a free read, a present for my Middlemarch Mates fans. Lightning Strikes Twice takes place at the same time as Scarlet Woman, so it serves as an introduction to the series for those who haven't read any of the Middlemarch Mates stories yet.

Here's a link to the blurb at Ellora's Cave
http://www.jasminejade.com/p-9153-lightning-strikes-twice.aspx

Shelley

Shelley Munro
October 14th, 2011, 05:06 AM
Surprise! Assassin is out in print from Ellora’s Cave today. I have a soft spot for this book, and I’m thrilled that Leo and Isabella are finally out in print.

http://www.shelleymunro.com/blog/wp-content/Assassin.jpg

Here’s the blurb:

Feline shifter Leo Mitchell is the pretty brother who attracts women with ease, but he’s turned picky. He suspects the mystery blonde hanging around Middlemarch is the one for him. If only he could grab the elusive female and seduce her. Oh yeah. He craves some hot, sinful lovin’ with the lady in black leather.

Assassin Isabella Black has harbored a huge crush on hunky Leo for ages. Because the timing sucked she’s watched him from afar, praying another woman won’t snatch the hottie away before she’s free to stake a claim.

Finally the pair meet. Isabella offers her naked body but Leo counteracts with a cup of tea. Seems Leo likes to call the shots when it comes to sex. A day later they’re finally dancing horizontally. It’s smokin’ hot, steamy, delicious—everything she’s ever wanted. Isabella is ecstatic until another assassin threatens to ruin her happiness. It’s life or death now. One wrong move and her secrets will destroy the Mitchells along with everything that has become dear to her…including Leo.

Purchase from:

Ellora’s Cave http://www.jasminejade.com/p-9659-assassin.aspx
The Book Depository
http://www.bookdepository.com/Assassin-Shelley-Munro/9781419963698

Shelley