PDA

View Full Version : The Big Kiss Off

Shelley Munro
March 28th, 2008, 08:02 PM
A free promo opportunity for all authors...

I'm totally stealing this idea from Ellora's Cave authors Emily Ryan-Davis and Cara Carnes. This thread is all about kisses.

A kiss is defined as a touch with the lips, especially as a sign of love, affection, greeting, or reverence. Let us read your kiss excerpts. :swoon:

Authors: post your kiss excerpts (length 200 - 500 words)

Give us the following details:

1. Book title
2. Author name
3. Publisher
4. Genre
5. Book rating (to keep it simple we'll have sweet, sensual and smokin'. An erotic romance is smokin'. All book sensuality levels are welcome!!)
6. Author website
7. A buy link (the book must be published)

If you have any questions send me a private message and I'll get back to you. Meantime, I'll post a couple of my kiss excerpts so you get the idea.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
March 28th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Publisher: Cerridwen Press
Rating: Sensual
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Buy link: http://www.cerridwenpress.com/productpage.asp?ISBN=9781419912320

“Kate,” he murmured. Her name sounded musical when he said it. Shivers strummed low in her belly when he drew her closer. And when he settled her against his firm body, a whole orchestra played.
<O:p</O:p
She cleared her parched throat. “I don’t think we should do this.”
He ignored her and lowered his head. His breath misted across her face, warming her mouth. “I’ve wanted to do this all day. All week. Ever since I first saw you.”
Lane lowered his head, capturing her lips in a masterful kiss. Shock paralyzed her for an instant before she raised her arms to push against his chest.
He drew away immediately. “Kate, I only want to kiss you. Please?”
His hand trailed down her cheek. The air sizzled between them. Frissons of electricity shot from his fingertips, blasting through her body to sink low into her belly.
“You’ve, ah, kissed me.”
“Yeah, but that was only a taste. An appetizer. I want the main course.” His soft lips closed over hers once more.
Oh boy. The man knew how to move his lips. Her bones felt as though they were dissolving on her, no longer capable of holding her upright. Her hands fluttered up to grip his shoulders—an anchor in an emotional storm.
Lane seemed to take this as a signal. He nuzzled the skin behind her ear. She shivered, one sensation layering on top of another. He touched her with his clever fingers, his teeth tugged at her lower lip, nipping then soothing. Heat zipped down her body, gathering momentum, building until she trembled and yearned for his hands on her bare skin.
“Lane,” she whispered. She opened her mouth to his and raised her hands, fingers curling through his soft dark hair.

His hands caressed her back, dragging her closer until they melded together from breast to hip. With her gaze on his, Kate reached for the top button on his shirt.

Shelley Munro
March 28th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Publisher: Ellora's Cave
Rating: Smokin'
Genre: M/m futuristic
Website: http://www.shelleymunro.com (http://www.shelleymunro.com/)
Buy link: http://www.ellorascave.com/productpage.asp?ISBN=1-4199-0663-1 (http://www.ellorascave.com/productpage.asp?ISBN=1-4199-0663-1)

“Lighten up. Use the kisses to arouse me.” Bob glanced down at his cock. It was there but wasn’t in full working order. Yet. “Help me get ready. It’s known as warm-up out on the contest circuit. Some people call it foreplay.”

Rafi’s jaw worked and a flare of irritation lit his dark eyes. “I know what foreplay is,” he gritted out.

“Then get with the program,” Bob snapped. “Kiss me, dammit. Arouse me.”

“Fine.” Rafi jerked his hand off Bob’s shoulder and glared at him. “I’ll turn you on.” He trailed his fingers across Bob’s chest and leaned in to kiss his neck. His lips nuzzled the skin below his ear and Bob felt Rafi’s tongue lick a slow path downward, the brush of stubble. Rafi pulled away. “How’s that for a start?”

Pretty damned good. But an imp made him want to needle his friend and pretend that the reaction in his body came about because of Fifi. Suppressing a smirk, he glanced down at his cock before meeting Rafi’s dark gaze. “Nothing much stirring.”

Rafi glanced down as well. Bob literally felt his friend’s gaze tracing his cock. He tried really hard to control his reaction but his dick jolted, lengthening while they both watched. Shit. That reaction hadn’t been anything to do with Fifi. He couldn’t seem to hold her image in his mind. Rafi’s handsome face kept intruding. Bob shivered, his blood pumping hotly through his veins as he bit back the need to beg for Rafi to touch him more intimately.

Rafi laughed with a trace of smugness. “You don’t say? I think there’s a bit of reaction in the old boy.”

"Shut up,” Bob growled.

And just like that, the wall of apprehension seemed to disappear in Rafi. His dark eyes sparkled and the corners of his eyes crinkled. Rafi leaned over and pressed a kiss to his lips. Slow. Soft. Thorough. The touch reverberated through Bob. His dick snapped to attention and a groan escaped. Bob tilted his head to change the angle of the kiss, nipping at Rafi’s full lips and paying particular attention to his friend’s sensual lower lip. Closing the slight gap between them, Bob ran his fingers through the short hair at the back of Rafi’s head. The hair prickled across the sensitive pads of his fingers, the contrast in textures arousing. Bob explored further, running his hands over Rafi’s broad shoulders and opening his mouth at the same time to encourage a deepening of the kiss.

Rafi shuddered beneath his questing hands and suddenly Bob wanted more. He wanted—needed—to feel warm skin. He wanted nothing between them. Funny. He’d never wanted to explore Rafi before. Yes, they’d been friends forever but they’d never pushed past friendship. Bob stilled for an instant. The last thing he wanted was to kill their friendship. It was important to him. Very important.<O:p</O:p

KimberChin
March 29th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Oh, how fun! To twist this up a bit, I'm including a kiss scene not between the hero and heroine but between the hero and one of the heroine's best bud (that adorable scamp Stanley).

1. Book title: Breach Of Trust
2. Author name: Kimber Chin
3. Publisher: Champagne Books
4. Genre: Contemporary Romance
5. Book rating (to keep it simple we'll have sweet, sensual and smokin'. An erotic romance is smokin'. All book sensuality levels are welcome!!): Sensual
6. Author website: http://businessromance.com/
7. A buy link (the book must be published): Will be published May 2008 (oooo... soon!)

“And who,” Stanley turned to Philippe, his hands on his hips, looking the venture capitalist up and down, “may I ask, is this dashing young man?”

“Stanley.” Her wonder slipped into amusement as Anne watched Philippe’s unsettled reaction. “This is Philippe. Philippe, Stanley.”

“You are Stanley.” Philippe actually smiled at that as he reached out to shake Stanley’s hand. Stanley, that pest, wouldn’t have any of that. Having witnessed Nancy’s greeting, he held out his hand expectantly, palm down, wrist limp.

Disbelieving brown eyes slid to Anne and her lips twitched. They both knew what Stanley wanted. Anne cocked her head, silently daring Philippe.

Her answer was a threatening glower. Philippe, not one to back down from any challenge, raised the offered hand to his lips, kissing the air above it and then releasing as quickly as possible, the back of Stanley’s hand not even touched.

The ladies laughed. That diva Stanley, in contrast, was completely charmed, his hands fluttering. “My, my, my, my…” he murmured.

Shelley Munro
March 29th, 2008, 08:41 PM
LOL, Kimber. That was a fun kiss. Thanks for sharing! I'm going to have to visit your website for more details.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
March 29th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Heart of the Wolf
by Terry Spear
Publisher Sourcebooks Casablanca
Urban Fantasy
Sensually hot
Author website www.terryspear.com (http://www.terryspear.com)
Buy link http://www.amazon.com/Heart-Wolf-Terry-Spear/dp/1402211570/ref=pd_rhf_p_3/104-6913220-0206331

Excerpt for first kiss scene in Heart of the Wolf:

Devlyn pulled her to a stop and grabbed her shoulders. “It can never be between us! Volan would hunt us down, both of us. What kind of a life would that be? He’d kill our offspring, too. Is that what you want?

Maybe if I’d been older, stronger, but now he won’t wait to have you.” He shook his head. “Dammit, Bella, as far as the human was concerned, he wouldn’t have wanted you! Can’t you see that? If he’d seen you changed, he would have been repulsed. If he could have discovered a way, he’d have killed you.” He held her tightly, staring into her eyes with a mixture of anger and hunger. “You know what I want from you.”

He was hard and smelled of sex. She sensed his hormones raged, urging him to mount her. Her breath came quickly as she desired his attentions, but feared them, too. Feared them because of what Volan would do to Devlyn if Volan caught him lusting after her. She’d never seen Devlyn so outwardly angry—so filled with venom—so sexually alive.

“You could smell his putrid fear, woman!” He pulled her against his body and kissed her hard against the mouth, no teasing or waiting for her approval. Just pure lust, conquering and decisive. And she loved him, every bit of the dangerous and feral lupus garou that he was.

Maura Anderson
March 29th, 2008, 10:36 PM
Published by Aspen Mountain Press
Contemporary Erotic Romance
Smokin'
Author Link: http://www.realmsoftheraven.com
Buy Link: http://www.aspenmountainpress.com/new-releases/tort-retort/prod_127.html

He shut the front door quickly, dropped his keys into a wooden bowl on the small entry table and turned to yank Gayle into his arms.

“That drive seemed a whole lot longer than the twenty five minutes my watch said it took.”

She shivered at his impatience. She wound her arms around his neck and pulled his lips down to her own. A soft sigh escaped her at the first touch, and she relaxed into his kiss, parting her lips in welcome. She could taste the intoxicating mixture of chocolate, caramel, wine, and pure Tyler.

His tongue flicked against hers and then began an invasion, rhythmic thrusts interspersed with lush, long strokes. The kiss deepened, devouring and intense.

Pressing herself as close to him as she could get, Gayle rubbed her aching breasts against his chest and threaded her hands into his short hair, relishing the silkiness of the short thick strands against her fingers.

He pulled his lips from hers, tilted his head back and took several unsteady breaths. Detaching her arms from around his neck, he grasped one hand and led her down the short hallway. “Let’s get more comfortable.” <O:p></O:p>

Maura Anderson
March 29th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Del Fantasma: Texas Tea
by Maura Anderson
Publisher: Aspen Mountain Press
Paranormal Erotic Romance
Smokin' Hot
Author Website: http://www.realmsoftheraven.com
Buy Link: http://www.aspenmountainpress.com/texas-tea/prod_65.html

Lara flew through the air toward him, completely trusting him to catch her. Arms wrapped around his neck and legs around his waist as he yanked her to him. One hand under her ass to support her, his other hand grabbed the back of her head and held it so he could possess her mouth.

His lips devoured hers, hot and consuming. She tasted of spice and honey, an addictive taste he’d never get enough of. Her lips parted on a gasp and his tongue dove past her teeth to entwine with hers, flirting and dancing to a song of love and lust. Parry and retreat, tease and coerce. The velvet feel of her tongue stroking against his made him long for more.

<O:p</O:pLara tightened her legs around him and rubbed herself against his rock hard cock, whimpering into his mouth.

He felt like he could come any second, just from the friction through both their clothes. He pulled his mouth from Lara’s, gasping for breath and praying for enough control to get somewhere more private.

Linda Mooney
March 30th, 2008, 12:59 AM
Healer of the Heart
by Linda Mooney
Publisher: DCL Publications
Genre: fantasy romance (alternate world)
5. Book rating: Sensual
6. Author website: www.LindaMooney.com (http://www.LindaMooney.com)
7. A buy link (the book must be published): http://www.thedarkcastlelords.com/romantic-fantasies.htm

She slipped her hand, delicate and warm and small-boned, into his. It was like holding a knife with the finest honed edge, for he knew the strength in those hands, and their power.

"Sit next to me?" she asked. "I need a familiar face beside me amid the crowd."

He looked into her eyes and they trapped him, held him, eyes as clear as the rain-filled mornings, and there was the sense of being wrapped in an embrace where time hesitated, stuttered, and stalled. Her face shone with an inner light. For the moment—for eternity—there was only the two of them. Two... as one.

He was drowning in the pool of her face, giving up his life and receiving hers without words passing between them. The sight of her loomed closer and larger, until Querl vaguely realized he was bending over her, reaching for her, waiting and taking her mouth... and feeling the warmth of her lips offered back to him.

She was spring. She was summer. She was the promise held captive by the winter and every faint bloom ready to throw itself open to the suns at first light.

He couldn’t breathe. He didn’t need to. She was also the air, the earth, the sky, and the suns. His heart was pounding as loud as thunder, threatening to break out of his chest as the scent of her reached out and touched the deepest part of him, a part never touched before.

She stepped into his embrace, and he lowered his arms around her shoulders. Then, incredibly, she took another step closer, until her body flowed along his. His hand dropped to the curve of her buttocks. Gradually, gently, he guided her against his engorged member, and her legs parted just enough to allow him faint access between her thighs.

Querl groaned into her sweet-tasting mouth. Fire was racing over his skin. Sweat popped from his pores. Voices in his head were yelling for him to draw her down onto the tapestry and sink into her. To hell with the banquet. To hell with everything except the incredible miracle that was happening between them. Was this part of her power he didn’t know about? Or was it something more?

Then, as unexpected as it had happened, she broke away, hurrying out the door and down the spiraling steps. Standing there with her kiss still vibrant on his lips and the sense of her body melting into his, Querl shook his head to clear the dizziness and wondered what had happened.

alexbeecroft
March 30th, 2008, 09:00 AM
Book:Captain's Surrender
Author: Alex Beecroft
Publisher: Linden Bay Romance
Genre: m/m historical
Rating: Sensual

Buy link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1602020892/ref=cm_arms_pdp_dp

I shouldn’t be doing this. Peter snaked an arm around Josh’s waist, pleased and intrigued by the way even this small touch made his friend’s pulse quicken. He could feel the gasped breath fill the chest pressed against his, and it was uncharted waters from now on, with the forbidden lying like a reef beneath the surface—dangerous, exciting.<o:p></o:p>
How different! He had been lucky enough to know two young ladies in his life, and it seemed natural now to gather his partner gently into his arms, to hold back, careful of her frailty, filled with reverence for a lover so small, so easily hurt. But Andrews was over six feet tall and broader across the shoulders than Peter was himself. Nothing soft about him, and delicate only in spirit. I really should not be doing this.<o:p></o:p>
But he wanted to. The kiss they’d shared onboard the Nimrod had proved another difference. Drunk, faint, and taken by surprise though he had been, he would have needed complete insensibility to miss the fact that Andrews wanted him with a fury. <o:p></o:p>
Both of the ladies Peter had courted had been respectable, and as such they were untainted by lust, accepting his advances out of generosity—pity even. He had always felt vile for imposing on them—a seducer and debaucher of innocent young women whom he had no real intention of marrying; a libertine, a ruiner of lives. With Andrews there would be none of that. No selfishness, no guilt.<o:p></o:p>
He leaned in, barely having to tilt his head, and tentatively touched his lips to Josh’s. That...wasn’t so bad. Really, it wasn’t. The mouth was warm and firm, the lower lip full, yielding, tempting him to bite. Shifting slightly to press closer, he licked it, tasting, and was rewarded with a little whimper that made him feel warm from head to feet. Mmm...yes, nice.<o:p></o:p>
Josh’s arms went around him, pulling him close. A strong hand was behind his head, a second splayed against his spine, stroking down. Easily as that, the balance shifted ,and it was no longer him kissing Andrews, but Andrews kissing him—with an ardor that quite undid him. No one had ever wanted him this much. <o:p></o:p>
It dawned on Peter that he was no longer in control—the responsibility had been taken out of his hands. Unless he wished to struggle like a reluctant maiden, it wasn’t his fault that the hand had twisted into his hair, the kiss deepened and heated, or that the pressure of a hard thigh between his legs had grown into something rather more than merely nice. It was bizarre to be on the receiving end of a tide of desire he couldn’t equal, unnatural to be the one who had to be coaxed, pleased, seduced, but—God!—the relief! The uncomplicated joy of it. <o:p></o:p>
He heard himself make a low rumble of encouragement, almost a moan, and then Andrews was frantically shoving him away, the caressing hands holding him at a distance. <o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

kayelle_allen
March 30th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Thanks, Shelley! This is a fun idea.

1. Book title Jawk, Tales of the Chosen
2. Author name Kayelle Allen
3. Publisher Liquid Silver Books
4. Genre Erotic Science Fiction Romance
5. Book rating Smokin'!
6. Author website http://kayelleallen.com
7. A buy link http://www.liquidsilverbooks.com/books/jawk.htm

BLURB
Jawk Brighton works at Batchelors, a hip restaurant/club in the Top Tier district of Tarth City, where he meets the immortal Luc Saint-Cyr. When Luc offers Jawk a deal too good to pass up, one night showing him and his Chosen, Wulf Gabriel, a good time in exchange for eight times his usual pay, Jawk takes it. All three have secret agendas. The question is, will Jawk's keep him in Luc and Wulf’s shared bed, or tear apart the alliance of the immortal and his Chosen -- forever?

==========

Luc Saint-Cyr rose, his movements slow, studied. Unhurried. “Our...” He gestured vaguely to the right. “The room’s this way.”

Jawk picked up his backpack and followed. One door down, Luc touched a panel and entered. Right behind him, Jawk dropped his bag on the floor, reached out to grip Luc by the arm. His bicep felt like steel beneath Jawk’s fingers, yet the man did not resist. One tug, and he had Luc in his arms. He turned, pushed him back into the door as he leaned into him, body to body.

He rocked his erection against Luc’s hard upper thigh. “Put your hands on the wall, arms out.”

Luc did as told.

The sight of this man--this man--in submission to him brought a riot of emotions to the fore. Few knew who and what Luc really was. The thrill of having Luc Saint-Cyr at his mercy ... Jawk forced himself to move slowly, to savor the moment. Jawk set his mouth beneath Luc’s jaw and huffed a deep breath against his skin, using the heat to increase the man’s rich, romtzeet scent. Jawk’s growl elicited a gasp.

“I must taste you.” He gripped Luc’s shirt with both hands, yanked it open and swooped in to lick the bared skin.

Luc’s husky moan evoked another surrender, this one of pleasure. A fine shiver swept over him, translating itself to Jawk’s body every place they touched.

He splayed one hand behind Luc’s head, turning him so they breathed the same desire-steamed air. “Do you know what I want to do to you, human?”

With those black-black eyes closed, he seemed more human. Less of a force to be reckoned with, more of a lover. “Tell me.”

Jawk growled against Luc’s throat. “I want to keep you beneath me, all night. Keep you under my fangs, so I can lick every single inch of your skin.”

Luc reached for him.

Jawk growled a warning. “Hands on the wall.” When Luc complied, Jawk nuzzled his throat, kissed him in reward. “Good. Good. I’ll tell you when to touch me. For now, human, the pleasure of touch is mine to take, yours to give.”

“Jawk, I...”

“Shh.”

When Luc opened his mouth to speak again, Jawk hissed. Saint-Cyr glared.

“If all you wanted was a boytoy, you shouldn’t have hired a Kin.” Jawk scratched one sharp clawtip down the man’s jaw. “I can smell how hot you are. You want a Kin to dominate you in bed.”

“No.” He shook his head. “I...”

“Shh.” He set a fingertip on the flat planes of Luc’s mouth. “It’s all right for you to want it. Maybe just for one night, but you do want it.” He added in a whisper alongside Luc’s ear, “You need it. Crave it. And I, my fine human, am going to give it to you.”

kmfrontain
March 30th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Hey, this is my first post on the forum. I don't even have an avatar yet, but I do have a teenager nagging me to give the computer back. So here's my kiss excerpt (note: looking at Intana directly breaks a spell), 242 words:
Hey, this is my first post on the forum. I don't even have an avatar yet, but I do have a teenager nagging me to give the computer back. So here's my kiss excerpt (note: looking at Intana directly breaks a spell), 242 words:

1. Loved Him to Death: Haru of Sachoné House
2. K.M. Frontain
3. Freya's Bower
4. Fantasy M/M
5. Book rating Beyond Sizzling
6. Author website http://soulstonechronicles.bravehost.com/
7. http://www.freyasbower.com/content/view/213/83/

“Why do you do this to me?” he cried. “Is it so very much a sin amongst your people for a man to want a man?”

“You misunderstand a dream, and dreams are not to be taken literally.”

“Then what is it? What has this Jumi done to you to make you so inflexible?”

Inflexible? I was shivering, I wanted to kiss him back so badly. “Take that light off your skin,” I said.

“No! Look at me! Love me and look at me!”

A noise escaped me. It should have been a laugh, but it sounded more like someone had stabbed me in the throat. “Who will you go to when you are at last free, Intana? Your father, or <st1>Vaa</st1>l? Who has your loyalty most, immortal child?”

He didn’t answer at once, and I thought of commanding the answer out of him, but the light rising out of his skin dimmed and became a memory first.

“Is this how you mock me for my stupidity of so long ago?” he said. “By questioning my choices if I were to be free?”

I opened my eyes to the shadows of a cabin in which divinity had been subdued and grabbed the vague head looming over me. I kissed him. I kissed him so hard there was blood. A sound of despair erupted deep in his throat, and he lay full against me, and I loved him, but without looking at him.
<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
<!--[endif]-->

Shelley Munro
March 30th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Ooh, there's some great kisses here. I have more to post so stay tuned!

Shelley

mechele armstrong
March 30th, 2008, 04:36 PM
1. Book title The Sixth Curses of Spring

2. Author name Mechele Armstrong

3. Publisher Loose Id

4. Genre Paranormal Roamnce

5. Book rating (to keep it simple we'll have sweet, sensual and smokin'. An erotic romance is smokin'. All book sensuality levels are welcome!!) Between sensual and smokin’

6. Author website http://www.mechelearmstrong.com

7. A buy link (the book must be published) http://www.loose-id.com/detail.aspx?ID=691

“Your looks have.”

“What?” What was he talking about? Her mouth drew up. What insult would he toss her way now?

“Improved.” He moved closer to her, his body almost touching hers. Warmth radiated out from him, catching her like a magnet with its hold. Her traitorous body wanted to lean in closer to him. “You always were pretty. Now you’re drop-dead gorgeous.”

“Uh…umm…ehhh ” She wasn’t sure how to respond. She should be slightly insulted he’d said her looks had improved, but she kept getting hung up on “You always were pretty” and “Now, you’re drop-dead gorgeous” when she attempted a retort. Where had that come from? She tried to work up some old-fashioned go get’em grit to toss back in his face like she usually did, but couldn’t get out a word. This was so unlike her. Her heart pounded and a sudden warmth infused her stomach. It grew even warmer when Jake smiled.

His hand rose to clutch her chin and pull her mouth in for a kiss. His lips met hers in the sweetest of joinings. Her lips parted under his as he gently deepened the kiss. His tongue licked across her top lip, seeking access to her mouth to run and play with hers. He mastered her mouth, keeping it under his control, and pulled away after too short a time.

She didn’t want the kiss to end. Her heart pounded. Her breathing came erratically. It was all she could do to stop from hyperventilating. Where had all this come from?

Shelley Munro
March 30th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Here to Stay by Jenyfer matthews
Cerridwen Press
Contemporary
Sensual
http://www.cerridwenpress.com<WBR>/productpage.asp?ISBN=978141990<WBR>8842 (http://www.cerridwenpress.com/productpage.asp?ISBN=9781419908842)

Julia sighed. Patrick stood close enough to her that his breath brushed her skin. It had been too long since she had been touched this way. And his hands felt so good, so right. She could feel a warmth growing deep down inside and her skin was tingling with excitement. Her whole body was shivering in anticipation of his next caress. She turned to face him in the confines of his arms.

She looked up at him. His eyes were the color of melted caramel and they pulled her down into their warm depths. She was imprisoned by the hungry need she saw burning there and felt herself responding in kind.

“Julia,” he breathed, touching her face.

No one had ever said her name quite that way before. Chills of excitement ran up and down her spine.

Slowly, softy, he traced a line from her jaw down her throat to the exposed skin of her scoop neck top. Her skin tingled at the sensation, craving more. He moved closer to her and she could feel herself responding to his heat. The tenderness of his caress was intoxicating.

Patrick took her face in his hands and leaned down, brushing her lips in a feathery soft kiss.

The impact of their kiss seared Julia to her soul. As much as she had tried, she had never stopped loving Patrick. Or wanting him.

She slipped her arms around his neck and pulled him closer. The scent of his after-shave was familiar, the heat of his body enveloped her. He probed her lips with his tongue and she opened her mouth, welcoming the invasion.

Shelley Munro
March 30th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Heal My Hurting Heart
By Allison Knight
Publisher - Champagne Books
Genre - Historical Romance
Rating - Sensual
Website www.AllisonKnight.com (http://www.AllisonKnight.com)
Buy link www.champagnebooks.com (http://www.champagnebooks.com)

The Kiss:

Somehow, her thoughts must have communicated themselves to Luke for his head dipped. There was a gleam in his eyes, eyes that were nearly black. She should draw back, tell him no, twist her head away. But she couldn’t do any of those things; she didn’t want to do any of them.

The hair of his mustache brushed against her upper lip. It felt as if her mouth had been touched with the bristles of an artist’s fine brush. Then, he grazed her lips twice more. Finally, his lips settled on hers and she forgot the mustache completely.

A streak of fire speared from her lips, down through her breasts to the pit of her stomach, searing as it moved through each fiber of her body. The tip of his tongue traced the seam of her lips then retreated as if begging for entry.

Denying him was not possible. Her lips parted and she let him explore her mouth. However, his taste set off an explosion of responses. Soft purring noises, sounds like a contented kitten, surrounded them and she knew they came from her.

Pleasure swirled through her. Somewhere outside of herself, his hands stroked her back, her shoulders, her nape. Finally, she pulled away, resting her head on his chest. Trying to still the thunderous feelings still roaring through her, she took several deep breaths. Never had she imagined a kiss could bring such delight. When she looked up at him, he appeared to be as stunned, as shaken as her.

Shelley Munro
March 30th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Highland Stone
by Sloan McBride
Publisher: New Concepts Publishing
Genre: Time Travel Romance
Book Rating: Sensual
Author Website: www.sloanmcbride.com (http://www.sloanmcbride.com)
Buy Link: http://www.newconceptspublishing.com/highlandstone.htm

“I be a first born MacLeod.”

“I’m happy for you,” Kara said dryly.

Alaxandar did his best to ignore her creamy cheeks turned crimson and flushed. He’d been so involved in war and protecting his clan over the last several years, he’d not taken much notice of women other than to ease his body’s urges. While in her presence, it was all he could do not to strip off her clothes and sink deep into her soft body, slaking his lust. For many years, he’d done just that over and over in his dreams. His groin ached.

His lips met hers in a searing tease. His tongue caressed her lips until they parted then he entered the sweet cavern mingling her breath with his. Kara’s resistance lessened and she leaned into him. He grabbed her hair with one hand, tilting her head to more fully explore her mouth. She tasted sweet and tangy like the meat and fruit she had eaten. Taking her face in his hands, he nipped the corners of her mouth before pulling back.

Kara slowly opened her eyes. Her hair lay across her shoulder where he’d released it. She stared at him, unable to speak, unable to think. Her head felt fuzzy. This shouldn’t have happened. She’d been kissed before but never like that. Unsteady fingers ran over her lips. “Why did you do that?”

Confusion lit Alaxandar’s handsome features. His mouth stretched tight and his chin jutted up before he stormed off without answering.

Shelley Munro
March 30th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Woohoo! I think these kiss scenes are wonderful. What do you think? What do you look for in a kiss scene?

Shelley

kmfrontain
March 30th, 2008, 10:43 PM
I look for emotional impact, any flavour of emotional impact, from sweet to fiery. :-)

Shelley Munro
April 2nd, 2008, 03:35 PM
Definitely. Like any scene in a book, a kiss needs to show us something about the characters and the shift in their relationship. There are different kisses for different stages in a romance.

Shelley

hollie
April 5th, 2008, 04:07 PM
oh wow more books to buy but i already have some of them

CharmedGirl
April 6th, 2008, 02:09 AM
oh wow more books to buy but i already have some of them

How many books are you buying now Hollie? I think that's at least number 50 maybe more. LOL

My to buy list is probably at 75.
:TroutSlap:

Shelley Munro
April 9th, 2008, 03:44 PM
ONE CRAZY SUMMER
Jenyfer Matthews (http://www.jenyfermattews.com)
Contemporary
Sensual
http://www.cerridwenpress.com/productpage.asp?ISBN=9781419910371
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
Summer stood trapped between Ben’s body and the balcony railing. Granted, he wasn’t physically restraining her, the only part of him that touched her was his hand on her neck but she couldn’t seem to make herself move. And she didn’t want to. She was beginning to question her own reasons for not getting involved with him. There didn’t seem to be any compelling reason against it at the moment. She turned her face up in anticipation of his kiss.

Ben could see Summer’s nipples pucker beneath the silk of her dress and he sucked in his breath. He was filled with a raw hunger, an almost overwhelming urge to rip the dress from her body and ravish her on the spot. He didn’t want to resist her anymore. What was one kiss?

He took a step closer and brushed his lips against hers, the barest whisper of contact. They stood frozen for a moment before Ben pressed his mouth to Summer’s, lips opening, mouth seeking more. Kissing her was just as he had imagined it would be—passion meeting passion. His hand moved down to her shoulder, to the strap of her dress and clenched, prepared to do just as he’d imagined. To take her right where she stood.

Suddenly, he heard a peal of laughter behind him and remembered where they were. They were in a public place, at his sister’s wedding, for God’s sake. What had he been thinking? What had he almost done?

She was making him crazy, he thought. Making him act against his nature and his better judgment. Did she practice witchcraft and cast spells in that jewelry store of hers too?

With massive effort, he reasserted control over his unfulfilled desires. He took a step back and raked an unsteady hand through his hair. “Maybe we should go in. It’s chilly out here and you look cold.”

Ben opened the door and in the light that flooded out he could see the look of confusion and disappointment on Summer’s face. He sighed. It was for the best, he told himself. In the long run it wouldn’t be a good idea to get involved with Summer Donahue.
But as she passed through the door in front of him, Ben had to admit he felt more than a little let down himself.

Shelley Munro
April 9th, 2008, 03:47 PM
ALL THE WAY HOME
Jenyfer Matthews (http://www.jenyfermatthews.com)
Contemporary
Sensual
http://www.cerridwenpress.com/productpage.asp?ISBN=9781419914898
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
Why didn’t he kiss her? Was he being deliberately obtuse or did he still think of her as the innocent little girl he’d known in school? How was she going to get him going? It wasn’t a problem she had figured she would have.

With the warmth of his closeness, the ache was beginning to throb. Had she ever felt this exquisite longing before? She couldn’t remember the last time she’d wanted anyone so much. She thought she would just spontaneously combust soon if he didn’t touch her. She waited another excruciatingly long ten seconds and then couldn’t stand it anymore.

She had to make her move.

Maggie shifted to face Sam and laid a hand high on his thigh. She tilted her face up to his and found her mouth crushed beneath his before she could draw a breath.

Yes, she nearly sang in relief as Sam pulled her to straddle his lap. One of his hands fisted in her hair while the other streaked up the front of her shirt. She could feel his arousal straining against his jeans and ground herself against him to show him her own need.

Oh god, touch me, she thought as his hands found her skin. She wanted to scream out her triumph, but couldn’t find her voice. Instead, she arched her back and moaned with pleasure as he pulled up her shirt and she felt his warm breath and mouth on her breasts.

Maggie plunged into Sam’s kiss once more and lost herself in the heat that engulfed her. She’d never felt this overwhelming need before, the reckless heady feeling that had her wanting to rip off his clothes and take him inside.

The minute he touched her, she was blinded by lust.

Shelley Munro
April 9th, 2008, 03:52 PM
A kiss can be totally innocent and yet still create havoc...

Contemporary
Erotic romance
http://www.ellorascave.com/productpage.asp?ISBN=1-4199-0136-2

Dare glanced inside the bag then looked up at her, a pleased expression on his face. “I think I could kiss you,” he said.

Summer’s gaze traveled to his lips. He didn’t mean that, did he? Because she quite liked the idea.

“I rang the bookshop this morning, but they were adamant they gave me the right books.” He signaled a passing waiter and ordered a drink. “Would you like another drink?”

Summer nodded. “Thanks. I suppose it was rather a shock to get a parcel of romances when you expected fishing books.”

“You could say that. Look, I really appreciate you taking the trouble to deliver my books in person. I’m afraid your books are at my home, and I’m busy tonight. How about if I deliver them to you tomorrow?”

Another night without a decent book. Summer suppressed a sigh. She’d have to think up another activity to put Nikolai out of her mind, even if that meant cleaning the oven.

“I don’t suppose you’re free tomorrow afternoon?” he asked, breaking into her thoughts. “I’d like to buy you lunch to repay your kindness.”

That should do the trick, Summer thought, and help push that Nikolai right out of her mind. “You don’t need to do that.”

“Of course I don’t.” His gray eyes flittered across her lips then rose to meet her eyes. “But I’d like to. How does midday sound? Actually, you’d be doing me a favor. I want to scope out a competitor, and I won’t stick out nearly as much if I have a dining companion.”

“You know how to turn a girl’s head,” Summer said dryly. Her stomach tingled pleasantly as his gaze drifted across her face again. It felt as though he was touching her, kissing her lips.

Dare burst into delighted laughter. “What I meant to say was that your beauty will dazzle the waiters, and they’ll be too mesmerized to pay any attention to me while I’m in spy mode.”

“Smooth.” Summer flicked her French braid over her shoulder and grinned. Oh, this flirting thing was fun. “Very smooth. I’d love to have lunch with you. Where are we going?” Under the table, she crossed the fingers on her left hand tightly, hoping he’d name a smart restaurant, somewhere to show off the brand-new outfit she’d purchased during her lunch hour today.

“There’s a new restaurant opening on the banks of the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Waikato</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">River</st1:PlaceType>, toward <st1:City w:st="on">Hamilton</st1:City>. Where do you live?”

Yes! She just hoped there wasn’t too much silverware to bamboozle her. She’d better check the etiquette books tomorrow and brush up. “Not the Liberty Jones restaurant?”

“The very same.”

Perhaps she should see if she could book in a hair appointment, too. “I live in <ST1:p<st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Bottle</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Top</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Bay</st1:PlaceType>, near Papakura, so it’s on the way. Number twenty. It’s a big white house.”

His gaze did a final cruise across her face before he checked his watch. “I really do have to go, but I’ll be counting the minutes until tomorrow.” He rose and moved around the table until he stood by her chair. Dare picked up her hand.

Summer met his gaze and felt trapped like a butterfly in a web. She couldn’t have looked away if she wanted to. Her stomach churned in excited anticipation, much like the time she’d sat in the front car of the roller coaster waiting for the ride to start.

Dare sobered, a flash of something indefinable flickering across his face before he bent to press his lips against the back of her hand. A quiver shot down her arm, and she bit back a sigh. Talk about romantic.

“Until tomorrow,” he murmured.

Summer nodded dumbly. “Tomorrow.”

Shelley Munro
April 9th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Hollie and Bec,

My to-buy list is pretty long too. The strange thing is I don't know why I need to keep buying books when I have so many stacked beside my bed and waiting on my hard-drive! Shaking head...it's a disease...

Shelley

Knightswriter
April 12th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Book: Starchild
Author: Katriena Knights
Publisher: Samhain Publishing
Genre: Futuristic Romance
Book Rating: Sensual
Buy Link: http://samhainpublishing.com/romance/starchild

Sometimes cleaning up after dinner can lead to more interesting pursuits....

He was standing directly behind her, his right arm extended around her to reach the faucet, practically embracing her. His chest brushed against her back. Gently, Trieka laid the dishes down in the sink. Fairfax let go of the faucet and started to move away. Quite deliberately, Trieka took a step backward, full into him.<O></O>

They were both still for a long breath. Then Trieka made a small, nestling motion with her body, to make sure he knew the contact hadn't been accidental.<O>

</O>His hands came up and clasped her shoulders. She felt his breath on her neck, his lips. It seemed the shape of his mouth was branded on her skin. He withdrew, then kissed her again, near her nape, soft lips, his tongue wet against her skin, and finally his teeth as he bit her gently.<O></O>

She thought she might melt back into his body, suffused by his heat, drowned in his smell. His right hand left her shoulder, reached across in front of her and cupped her left cheek. With his hand on her face, he turned her to face him.<O>

</O>What she saw in his eyes could only be described as raw hunger, but there was something else beneath it, something born of a less animal emotion. She had only a moment to find it before he closed his mouth over hers, crushing her to him.<O></O>

His mouth felt as good as it looked, soft and hot and demanding. He tasted of garlic and wine and coffee-not the best of combinations, but she was sure she tasted much the same. She put her hands on his waist, thinking to push him away, but instead her fingers found the edge of his sweater and slid under, meeting skin. Before she knew what she was doing, she had her hands on his back, up to his shoulder blades, the sweater bunched up above her wrists and half off him.<O>

</O>He made a low noise in his throat, and suddenly he shifted, easing her to the floor, ducking his head as she pulled his sweater off him. She buried her head in his chest, his hair rough against her eyelids and mouth. He was lean and cleanly made, and the smell of his skin turned her body to water.<O></O>

His hands slid up her back, under her sweater, returning the favor she'd done him. For a moment she regretted not having worn a bra. She never wore them off-duty, and she hadn't anticipated having her shirt pulled off this evening. But off it came, and she arched into him, his chest hair rough against her bare breasts, the shock of skin against skin warm and glorious.<O></O>

He pulled back from her, and her left breast disappeared in the curve of his big hand. His mouth was on her throat again, traveling up to her ear and under her chin, devouring her.<O></O>

hollie
April 13th, 2008, 06:44 AM
i want this one it's already on my forever growing list of must reads

Knightswriter
April 13th, 2008, 09:21 AM
i want this one it's already on my forever growing list of must reads

Hm... I can't tell if you're responding to my post or one of the others, Hollie! lol. If so, thanks! If not, hey, the other books look really awesome, too! :-)

*is easily confused by forums*

hollie
April 14th, 2008, 04:43 AM
Hm... I can't tell if you're responding to my post or one of the others, Hollie! lol. If so, thanks! If not, hey, the other books look really awesome, too! :-)

*is easily confused by forums*

Yeh i ment yours but your right they are all good

Shelley Munro
April 14th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Great kiss, Katriena! Thanks for posting it.

Shelley

Dani
April 14th, 2008, 05:17 PM
All of these have been great kisses. I don't think I've read one that I haven't liked yet. LOL!

Knightswriter
April 14th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Great kiss, Katriena! Thanks for posting it.

Shelley

Thanks! I'll drop by with more when the sequel comes out.. ;-)

Shelley Munro
April 18th, 2008, 12:28 AM
Here's a kiss from my latest release.
Cerridwen Press - sensual/smokin'
http://www.cerridwenpress.com/AuthorsBooks.asp?AuthorCode=SMun

Sebastian moved closer, stopping when we almost touched, his expression cloaked in shadows. “Is that it? Don’t I get a kiss good night?”

“I—” His lips came down on mine, interrupting my train of thought about mixing business and pleasure. He nibbled my bottom lip, nipping and soothing the sexy bite with his tongue. When I gasped, he took advantage, pushing his tongue inside. Our tongues moved together in a sensual dance. Our breath mingled. It was as if we’d never parted. Sebastian drew me closer, fitting our bodies together. My breasts squashed against his muscled chest, increasing the throb of excitement that pounded me. It had been so long. It would be so easy to open the door to my cabin and let him inside. Apart from the fact that <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">Elizabeth</st1:City> would arrive back at some stage and it was against hotel rules.

My mind hazed with pleasure, moisture starting to form between my thighs. Temptation slithered through my veins, and it was with deep regret that I pulled back from the kiss. “Good night, Sebastian.”

He smoothed his palm across my cheek. The tender gesture brought renewed desire and the siren lure of lust and temptation. So enticing just to step into his arms, hold on and never let go.

“Good night, sweetheart. Happy birthday.” He smiled before turning away and walking off into the darkness.

hollie
April 18th, 2008, 08:48 AM
this book sounds wounderfull Shelley

CharmedGirl
April 22nd, 2008, 07:24 PM
Wow what a kiss.