PDA

View Full Version : What will you plant?

Cindylynn
March 29th, 2008, 12:38 PM
First, I must apologize to people who are going into winter, now! Where I am, we're just getting out of it, and all I can think about is what I'm going to plant this year!

First, I'm planting tulips as soon as the ground allows. I got them late last year, but wasn't able to plant them, since I'd spend all at at work, then all day at the hospital....
they look like they survived, so I hope so. They are purple and pink and white, and I was really looking forward to growing them!

I have a herb garden, and I want to expand it...right now it's sage, rosemary, lavender and several variaties of mint.

We'll probably put in some tomatoes, too. I might try green peppers.

And flowers...but I have no idea what. I would like some astrilbe, I think.

Shelley Munro
March 29th, 2008, 09:11 PM
I'm in NZ and we're officially autumn, although looking out the window, you wouldn't know it.

Hubby and I were talking about the garden this morning. He's planted bulbs ready for spring, and they're already coming up. (I love spring flowers) and for vegetables, we're sticking to just potatoes at the moment. It's so dry and watering every morning and night isn't an option.

Shelley

maura
April 8th, 2008, 03:08 PM
First, I must apologize to people who are going into winter, now! Where I am, we're just getting out of it, and all I can think about is what I'm going to plant this year!

First, I'm planting tulips as soon as the ground allows. I got them late last year, but wasn't able to plant them, since I'd spend all at at work, then all day at the hospital....
they look like they survived, so I hope so. They are purple and pink and white, and I was really looking forward to growing them!

I have a herb garden, and I want to expand it...right now it's sage, rosemary, lavender and several variaties of mint.

We'll probably put in some tomatoes, too. I might try green peppers.

And flowers...but I have no idea what. I would like some astrilbe, I think.
I have to be the world's laziest gardener, BUT my brother is in the greenhouse business, so when I finally get around to thinking about it, he is ending his season and I just raid the greenhouses and instant garden. Really he and Emily have to nag me to finally drive the ten minutes to the greenhouse every year. Last year one of my friends and I made a raid from work, picture a Sheriff's car loaded with hanging baskets!, it was worth missing lunch. I do grow tomatoes and basil on my deck though.

Linda L Lattimer
May 13th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Karenne, I bet your garden is looking and shaping up good, can just taste your juicy tomatoes

hugs Linda

Cindylynn
May 14th, 2008, 09:32 AM
I always wanted to have a greenhouse...I bet it's a lot more work than one things, though.

hollie
May 14th, 2008, 10:12 AM
don't do much planting anymore the dogs just eat it but i found these seed shakers that you just shake round the flower beds and they are quite big for the money so i thought i might try them i might end up with a bit of colour in my garden