PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from RT

tree220
April 15th, 2008, 09:53 PM
well we made it to Pittsburgh and so far the trip is starting out wonderful - NOT.

SJ is running a fever and I have a toothache.
We forgot to put the box of SJ's books in the car and had to call my mother to rush them to the UPS store and overnight them
The parking at the hotel was full so we had to park in a lot down the street
It took the bellboy two trips to bring up all the stuff we did remember to bring
We left the bag that has the stuff for my tooth in the car, along with the scotch tape that SJ needs to put together his promo stuff
Our room sucks - it's small, the carpet is wet, we have 4 tiny drawers for clothes and only a couple of hangers, and they were all out of refrigerators so we're trying to keep SJ's insulin cool in the ice bucket.But other than that, we're here and hopefully we'll have a better time tomorrow.

CharmedGirl
April 15th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Doesn't sound like you're having the best day tree but hopefully it all gets better from now on in.

tree220
April 15th, 2008, 11:01 PM
on a good note they do have free wireless internet!

and the bellboy that helped us with all our stuff was a total sweetheart and gave us all types of good tips including the best place to park since we couldn't get into the garage and the best places to eat (he didn't recommend the hotel dining, said they were too expensive). and he was cute too.

CharmedGirl
April 15th, 2008, 11:08 PM
Well that's a good thing tree. At least someone was willing to lend a helpful hand. LOL

Dani
April 15th, 2008, 11:26 PM
Awwwww, I'm sorry that things aren't starting out well for y'all. That really sucks. But at least that you had a great bellboy that was a big help to you.

I hope that the rest of RT goes better for y'all. :biggrin:

sabby07
April 16th, 2008, 11:35 AM
oh Tree I'm sorry! My family and I went on vacation once with our friends and the other woman who went picked the hotel and from the pictures it looked nice so we trusted her. We got there and I swear the room REEKED of ant spray and hubby swore he saw the chalk line of a body in the parking lot, security consisted of a man on a ten speed-needless to say we never unpacked and found a Marriott LOL
Hope your trip gets better!

danetteb
April 17th, 2008, 05:41 AM
I hope the weekend gets better for you two. It's good to hear your web connected and we can hear your trip news. :)

hollie
April 17th, 2008, 12:24 PM
oh tree i hope everything gets better and you have a good time with all the work you 2 put into the spring showers you deserve a break

Catherine Bybee
April 17th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Oh man. I hope it gets better for you both! Hang in there.

tree220
April 17th, 2008, 10:18 PM
today was better.

Last night SJ had his booksigning, poor baby was stuck back in a corner but still managed to sell two books.

Today was his turn in Club RT and he got a lot of interest and was later mugged out in the lobbies for his plushies.

Unfortunately we weren't able to make it to the Fairy Ball tonight, although I have been feeling better today we thought it was better that I take it easy tonight so we can enjoy more of the con tomorrow and Saturday.

We're getting lots of ideas for what we want to do next year in Orlando.

CharmedGirl
April 17th, 2008, 10:21 PM
today was better.

Last night SJ had his booksigning, poor baby was stuck back in a corner but still managed to sell two books.

Today was his turn in Club RT and he got a lot of interest and was later mugged out in the lobbies for his plushies.

Unfortunately we weren't able to make it to the Fairy Ball tonight, although I have been feeling better today we thought it was better that I take it easy tonight so we can enjoy more of the con tomorrow and Saturday.

We're getting lots of ideas for what we want to do next year in Orlando.

It's great that you're feeling better tree.

No fair about the fairy ball. SJ must be so disappointed Laugh it Up fuzball

Tara S Nichols
April 17th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Free wireless internet and I could sleep on a wet carpet!! um, no, maybe not. I hope your tooth is feeling better.

Shelley Munro
April 18th, 2008, 12:23 AM
I hope your weekend improves. Thanks so much for telling us about the conference. I'm so envious. At least it sounds like your bellboy was great.

Hugs,
Shelley

hollie
April 18th, 2008, 08:53 AM
i hope it picks up for you its a shame about the fairy ball but you need to look after yourselfs smilies/cloud9.gif