PDA

View Full Version : Goals

Tara S Nichols
April 29th, 2008, 12:46 PM
For those who are curious I will list my projected goals here.

May 15th, submit manuscript for Samhain's Menage
contest

May 31stm submit manuscript for Samhain's Tickle My Fancy contest

June, submit One Night's Desire to Ellora's Cave

July, Submit second Victoria Beach manuscript to Cobblestone-press

Jennifer Shirk
April 30th, 2008, 07:43 AM
Good luck! Cheerleader

Tara S Nichols
May 3rd, 2008, 12:18 AM
It is my plan to enter the Samhain menage contest and I am nearly done. I have most of the book written, in the computer, edited and perhaps even to a point where I am quite satisfied with it. The only little bit I have left is the middle to end which is still on notes and edited sheets of loose leaf. At first I wasn't sure I would get a minimum of 24 thousand words out of this plot and now I'm starting to fret I will go over. If I have to start pruning that will strain my timeline budget, oh no, oh woe!
I have thirteen days left to finish the input, finalize the details, write the synopsis and blurbs and then send it off.

I think I can do it, only I wantr to be done before then so I can do the exact same thing all over again, just with werewolves and a minimum of 17 thousand words. I think its 17. I better go check.
Hee Hee, progress is a sneaky mistress.

Tara S Nichols
May 15th, 2008, 01:59 PM
I have completed my Menage contest WIP and submitted it to Samhain! Yay!
Now I'm working on the next one. I'm only 40% done and I want it to be funnier than it is. Once all the bare bones is in then I will go through again and wise A$$ it up. i know i have it in me and I sure want to enter. Where the heck else could I find a home for a humorous paranormal romance plot?

After that it is straight into One Night's Desire and I hope to finish it and submit it by Mid June. This plot was running through my head last night instead of the werewolf plot. Yesterday I had a regency unraveling and the day before a Young Adult plot. I should look into getting cloned.:1eye:

Tara S Nichols
May 30th, 2008, 01:34 PM
May is almost over and I have succeeded in this months goals. I finished both Samhain contests and submitted the last one last night. It was a push and I'll be happy to revisit my relationship with my husband.

Of course, there is the cowboy contest through Samhain that I'm keen on. It never ends. At least that deadline is in December.

Next on the agenda is to finish One Night's Desire and start three more erotic novels that have risen up out of the ashes of some neglected manuscripts.

I also want to work on the second story in my Victoria Beach series, not a sequel to Secrets of Summer, but they run a long the same lines.

Today, I am working at being a cog in the family wheel. Tonight, I sleep.:yawn:

tomorrow... more fantasies begin:flytrap_butter:

Tara S Nichols
June 3rd, 2008, 04:53 PM
Well, i didn't make the Samhain anthology cut. I had two days of being bummed and now I'm back in the saddle. I'm reediting and finding room for more scenes. The characters are being developed further and I'm liking the story better. This was a story that I wrote specificaly for this anthology so the way I lookl at it it is a bonus completed wip that I otherwise would not have. I have a new publisher picked out for it. I'm setting my sights on Siren Publishing. They are a pub I tried with Oasis, my very first story. I didn't know much about writing romance then but I've improved. I hope. I'm confident, mostly.smilies/079.gif
So, hopefully by tonight I will submit this story, Gamble's Game and it eight weeks max, or so, I will know if I need to try another pub or be jumping up and down for joy. I can't submit it to cobblestone-press because I already have one story submitted for their wicked line, same goes for Ellora's Cave. I like the look and feel of Siren and am interested in broading my horizons.:winkiss:

Tara S Nichols
June 26th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Finish One night's Desire (contemporary erotic) and submit to print publication, possibly Avon Red or Kensington Aphrodisia.

Finish the next book in my Victoria Beach series, Summer Secrets (Working Title) to Cobblestone-press. ( I can't submit anything until the one they already have is rejected or accepted).

Rework Teen novel and submit to Groundwood or other smaller print press.

Write three short erotic stories for various pubs. Nothing over 10K.

Then, in August I'll see where I am.

until then I'm waiting for four pubs to respond to my current submissions.

CharmedGirl
June 27th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Good luck with achieving all of that.

Tara S Nichols
July 12th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Well, I didn't make the Samhain anthology cut. .... I will submit this story, Gamble's Game and it eight weeks max, or so, I will know if I need to try another pub or be jumping up and down for joy.

Gamble's Game is accepted by BookStrands for possible release in January 2009! Sure glad I took a shot at the contest just so i could have it ready to submit again and now, accepted!

Dani
July 12th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Congratulations Tara! Bouncy Icon Smilie

Tara S Nichols
July 22nd, 2008, 11:03 AM
Ok. So goals don't always go as planned, especially when its sunny out and there are beaches with soft sand. I've been a lazy whatchamacall it lately. Ideas still bubble in my head and I'm getting some blogging done. Reconnecting with friends is a good thing but I have personal deadlines to reach. ugh.

I thought I'd work on One Night's Desire to submit it for print by the end of June, or July even but that is certainly not happening. I've started a new book that I hope to finish for the closure of Phases Heat Sheets. At the same time I'm working on One Night's Desire and my next Victoria Beach :shark: book I have slotted for Cobblestone-press. I've been doing research (going to Victoria Beach) aw shucks... and aquainting myself with my new pals at BookStrands.

My husband has been home a heck of a lot more which means I spend time with him as well. Its nice to take a break. So, smilies/079.gif we'll see what the summer spits out.

Dani
July 22nd, 2008, 04:21 PM
Things hardly ever go the way I plan them Tara, so you're not alone. Good luck on your writing and seeing where everything takes you. :biggrin:

Tara S Nichols
September 2nd, 2008, 11:09 AM
What happened to June?
And July?
And August?
Was I reading?
Was I suntanning?
Where's my finished and submitted manuscripts?

Ok, I confess, I had a good summer. Yes, I was reading, and watching movies at the drive in with my small family, and goofing off quite regularly. But now I'm back.
I have quite my job at the bookstore and I have one whole day and two or three whole evenings to write. That means i can get my manuscripts finished and submitted to my favorite publishers!
I did rework one story and submit it in August and at the moment I am reworking a humorous teen angst novel for a teen publisher which I will submit under my real name.
After that its back to the raunchy stuff where I will launch myself into the gadget world and perhaps finish my masquerade erotic story "One Night's Desire" too.
smilies/079.gif

Dani
September 2nd, 2008, 08:18 PM
Sounds like a plan Tara! :biggrin:

klmc37
September 3rd, 2008, 09:22 PM
WHEW!!! You have been busy. Congrats!!!

Tara S Nichols
January 26th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Every time I write the word progress I think of this cartoon.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61H9E6ZtOxL._SL210_.jpg

And that is how it feels sometimes too.

That aside, it's time for me to make a list, hash out the plan, hammer on the ... grind the ...

Apparently the euphemism fairies :1eye:have stolen my brain.

:offtopic:

By the end of February I hope to have finished my vampire erotic/romance featuring said winged dude who is a sex pot vampire:jawdrop:, as well as another sex pot vampire story (much shorter) to submit to Cleis. If I get done in time I hope to submit a cute, strange, short story featuring a rather broken tool and it's replacement.

How obscure.DiscoDancingCarrots

I'm expecting edits, book covers, and the like for my next two eroticas :censored:coming this Spring through Siren Publishing and I've finally finished the tweaks on my author website (www.tarasnichols.com) including the long sought after fantastic free guest book feature that takes up absolutely no ram, and placed it strategically on my about page.

I have two banners to make for friends and at the end of all that I will rock hard on my new game Uru (of the myst series and become a vegetable)

Ahhh.

hollie
January 26th, 2009, 05:08 PM
good luck with all that it sounds like a busy month

Dani
January 26th, 2009, 06:08 PM
I feel tired just looking at your list. LOL!

astonwest
January 26th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Good luck with your goals!!!
As a big fan of goal-setting myself, I tend to publish weekly goals on my blog (http://astonwest.blogspot.com)...I find it easier to reach the bigger goals (like finishing novels and such) if I break them up into smaller chunks.

Tara S Nichols
January 26th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Hee Hee, thanks. I'm fretting a little. Can you tell? i make goals lists during fret season.

Tara S Nichols
March 7th, 2010, 11:51 AM
I finished Island of Three! Yay! That is a story I started in 2007 and wow, it just kept morphing!

Now I'm working on Tess' Trio, (the follow up to Claiming Cullen).

Kim Smith
March 7th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Wow you inspire me!

Tara S Nichols
March 7th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Good to hear, but browsing through your website, you doing well in the inspiration business too! Congrats on your book that is coming out in print. :)

Tara S Nichols
June 16th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Seeing as I'm tidying, and trying to makes sense of some of the mess I've left in my wake, I figure it's time for another goal list. I find posting them publicly keeps me on track.

First up, promised work;

~The second story to Seamless (another short, sweet, but steamier follow up to Bridgette and Geoff's awkwardly blossoming romance.)

~ Tess' Trio, Reader requested follow up to Claiming Cullen.

~ Awakening the Blood (2) sort of. I had originally planned to write this as a trilogy, but seeing as Awakening the Blood will be included in a four book print Wings anthology, I will write the next story, and only one, to finish up the tale of paranormal love between Meara and D'iamonte.

(That concludes my promised work)

After that I hope to get my (WT short) Nylons finished, along with some YA projects that I have set aside for years.

... and waiting to hear back on at least three stories, and one round of edits.