PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate Chip Cookies

maura
April 30th, 2008, 09:59 AM
There is a bakeshop in the village of Southampton that has the best chocolate chip cookies. Kathleen wrote a cookbook and the recipe is in it. I made them this weekend and she didn't leave a thing out, they are really good. Warning: these are not chewy cookies, they are crunchy melt in your mouth kind!

TATE'S BAKE SHOP'S CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

Ingredients
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup salted butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
1 tsp. water
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Preparation
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease 2 cookie sheets or line with Silpat or parchment paper.

In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt.

In another large bowl, cream the butter and sugars. Add the water and vanilla extract. Mix until the ingredients are just combined. Add the eggs and mix them lightly. Stir in the flour mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips. Don't overmix the flour.

Drop the cookies 2" apart onto the prepared cookie sheets using 2 tablespoons or an ice cream scoop.

Bake them in batches for 12 minutes or until the edges and centers are brown. Remove the cookies to a wire rack to cool.

Makes 4 1/2 dozen 3-inch cookies

hollie
April 30th, 2008, 02:50 PM
oh no you can't start putting stuff like this up it's not fair how can i diet now - token protest over i love choc chip cookies thank you

hollie
April 30th, 2008, 02:54 PM
does anyone know how to change the measurements into either pounds and ounces or kilo's (the scales do both) but i don't know how big a cup is

Dani
April 30th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Maura, thanks so much for posting this even though I can't eat it now due to just starting to get my appetite back. I'm only going to lose it again because I get braces tomorrow (again, long story).

Hollie, try this site and see if it's what you need to change measurements. http://www.onlineconversion.com/weight_volume_cooking.htm (http://www.onlineconversion.com/weight_volume_cooking.htm)

CharmedGirl
April 30th, 2008, 10:30 PM
I need some chocolate chip cookies. I'll have to make some. LOL

Dani
April 30th, 2008, 11:10 PM
Bouncy Icon SmilieI see you made it to 5,000 posts girlie!! Congrats!! Cheerleader

CharmedGirl
April 30th, 2008, 11:24 PM
Bouncy Icon SmilieI see you made it to 5,000 posts girlie!! Congrats!! Cheerleader

Oh yeah I'm so happy to get a new award and to have passed Karenne in the number of posts. LOL

hollie
May 1st, 2008, 07:51 AM
thanks Dani that works 1 cup is about 100grams if anyone is having problems

Vicki M. Taylor
May 1st, 2008, 03:46 PM
I love Chocolate Chip Cookies, but I must admit, I take mine soft and gooey.. with the chocolate warm and melting all over my fingers.

I did make some Choc. Chip cookies about a month or so ago, and substituted the white and brown sugar with Splenda, and they turned out really good.

Hubby ate them and didn't notice the difference.

Dani
May 1st, 2008, 11:41 PM
thanks Dani that works 1 cup is about 100grams if anyone is having problems
I'm glad I could help out. :biggrin:

maura
May 2nd, 2008, 09:16 AM
I love them too, fortunately my husband has a sweet tooth and I have a six year old niece, 12 year old nephew, and 14 year old nephew three doors down. The twelve year old scarfed down a bunch after he wore out my German Shepherd and Bichon.

AngelaSteed
May 8th, 2008, 02:32 PM
I have been eating fruits and vegetables for so long now that I don't remember what a chocolate chip cookie tastes like. smilies/candy.gif I'm cookie deprived.

maura
May 9th, 2008, 03:42 PM
does anyone know how to change the measurements into either pounds and ounces or kilo's (the scales do both) but i don't know how big a cup is

I am sure if you search the net, there will be some sort of translation table.

AngelaSteed
May 9th, 2008, 04:41 PM
There are appx. 4 cups in a pound and 16 oz. in 4 cups, so that would be 16 oz. per pound. There are appx. 453 grams per pound, so that would be 453 grams per 4 cups. This is of course if you're measuring flour, and specifically white, unsifted and bleached. So 4 cups = 453 grams divide by 4 to get one cup; appx. 1 cup of flour = 113 grams or 4 oz. or 1/4 pound. If I made a mistake here, it's for lack of trying.
:omg_2:<-- My new favorite.

hollie
May 9th, 2008, 04:45 PM
thanks Angels we worked out about 100g per cup but if a cup is about 4oz i can work it from there

rachael24
May 12th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Chocolate chip cookies rule...Thanks for the recipe

maura
May 13th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Whenever I am in Southampton I try to stop in the store to buy some, but the recipe is pretty much the same. SOOOOO Gooood

Linda L Lattimer
May 13th, 2008, 10:39 PM
oh no Maura, you now have me putting down to bake this weekend, oh, wow, will have to give these a try

hugs Linda

maura
May 14th, 2008, 02:24 PM
You will be happy you did, I am going to try to make a batch myself, in between dog shows. I have shows on Friday and Sunday, so I will need chocolate!!!!