PDA

View Full Version : Has Spring arrive where you are?

ChristieSilvers
May 2nd, 2008, 03:22 PM
It's beautiful here in north Georgia. Everything is in bloom, the sun is shining brightly, and the birds are chirping loudly. Oh, and the fireflies are even out at night. It's nice and I love it!

We're planning to begin our vegetable garden this weekend, but it's suppose to rain tomorrow so that may have to wait until next weekend. I already have a few seedlings growing here in the house, but nothing more than tomatoes and peppers.

So what's everyone up to? How's Spring treating you? :)

hollie
May 2nd, 2008, 03:30 PM
it's thinking about it in the uk we haven't had snow for nearly a mth and we've even seen the sun today afew more days and the garden might be dry enough for the kids to go out and not have to play mud wrestling

ChristieSilvers
May 2nd, 2008, 03:40 PM
LOL Mud wrestling. I hope that you get to see the signs of spring very soon. :)

hollie
May 2nd, 2008, 04:02 PM
we have a south facing garden so when it finally stops raining for more than a day it will be lovely but it's due to start raining again on sunday and Monday (well its a bank holiday so that goes without saying)

Dani
May 2nd, 2008, 11:35 PM
It's beautiful here in central FL and I'm feeling much better so I can enjoy it.

Tara S Nichols
May 3rd, 2008, 12:46 AM
Well, we had spring for a week and then it went away, winter camew back and something in between has hung over southern manitobas for about two weeks now. What the?

rgraham666
May 3rd, 2008, 02:36 PM
Spring has arrived here in Toronto, but in reverse order. Most of April was sunny and warm, what the weather is usually like here in May.

So far May has been cold, overcast and rainy. The way spring usually is in April.

Toronto has strange weather. :rolleyes:

Tara S Nichols
May 3rd, 2008, 03:27 PM
Rob, somehow I forgot you were a Canadian as well. We're a gazillion miles apart but having the exact same weather. I'll let you know when it warms up here so you can haul out your speedo! ;>

hollie
May 4th, 2008, 07:12 AM
sounds like Canada is getting better weather than the uk we had snow at the start of April and rain and thunder for the past week or so yuk yuk yuk

Amy Corwin
May 4th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Oh, gosh, it's been spring for ages! :-) Our bulbs like the daffodils and tulips have already finished and we're now into roses and honeysuckle, which are gorgeous and smell heavenly. The hummingbirds have returned and I'm seeing a lot of other birds like warblers on their way to their summer homes. It's beautiful.
http://www.amycorwin.com/images/IBidOneAmerican_w1441_120.jpg Due out May 9th from The Wild Rose Press!

sabby07
May 4th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Here we have already had a taste of what summer is going to be...hot. We have already hit 100 degrees here and its only May. In AZ we only have 2 seasons holy hot and not so bad LOL.

rgraham666
May 4th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Rob, somehow I forgot you were a Canadian as well. We're a gazillion miles apart but having the exact same weather. I'll let you know when it warms up here so you can haul out your speedo! ;>
You don't want to see me in a speedo. ;)

ChristieSilvers
May 6th, 2008, 08:06 AM
I'm happy to see that many are getting nice weather. Hopefully those of you still lingering in winter will have warmer weather soon.

I love spring. I'm a terrible winter person. I need warmth and lots of sunshine!

We have blooms on the blackberry bushes and the honeysuckle vines. We're even talking about setting up our pool. It's soooo nice! Unfortunately, it has rained every weekend for like 2 months. And the hubby hates that because he can't get outside to work around the house when he's off work, but it's gorgeous during the week. :lol: Poor guy.

hollie
May 6th, 2008, 02:01 PM
:huepfen017: Its here we got spring and sun and i got burnt sitting in it today:huepfen017:

hollie
May 7th, 2008, 04:10 PM
i was stood talking this morning for an hour and have really burnt my face i have white lines from my glasses i think i'm going to have a head ache in the morning smilies/borgsmile.gi

ChristieSilvers
May 7th, 2008, 05:01 PM
LOL It's time for sunblock, Hollie! I hope you don't have a headache. Sunburn headaches are right up there migraines. BLAH!

We spent a day at our local Renaissance Festival the weekend before last and we all came home with bright tan lines. :lol: I'm ready for summer vacation!! Only 2 months to go until I hit the beach. YAY!

hollie
May 7th, 2008, 05:19 PM
where you going some where hot and sunny?

ChristieSilvers
May 7th, 2008, 05:34 PM
The hubby & I always take the girls to Tybee Island, Georgia for a week in July. We all look forward to it the whole year. We rent a condo on the beach with day trips to Savannah. It's a blast!

Dani
May 7th, 2008, 11:25 PM
Here we have already had a taste of what summer is going to be...hot. We have already hit 100 degrees here and its only May. In AZ we only have 2 seasons holy hot and not so bad LOL.
Sabby, I'm catchin' up with ya babe! It's been 94 degrees or more and hot as hades here! We have the same seasons as you do as well. Laugh it Up fuzball

hollie
May 9th, 2008, 07:13 AM
i got mild sunstroke cos it was breezy so i didn't think about how hot it was - i know sun blond you think i'd learn by now - but we had snow a mth ago who thinks of theses things in may?

ChristieSilvers
May 9th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Oh goodness, Hollie. I hope you're feeling ok now.

hollie
May 9th, 2008, 08:48 AM
now the headache has just about gone i'll be fine but i'll have to be carefull this summer if this was the start butthen again it's due to start raining tomorrow and get worse next week so maybe we had summer for this year