PDA

View Full Version : Who raped who?

DrkCherry
May 31st, 2008, 07:17 PM
I'm confused. My daughter and I both remember the events differently from the latest book.

In The Darkest Kiss, the very first page, Riley says her werewolf mother raped then killed a newly turned vamp.

However, we thought that somewhere in the first two books it stated that Riley's mother was raped by the vamp during the moon phase.

hollie
June 1st, 2008, 07:50 AM
no as best i can remember and i haven't looked thier mother raped a newly "born?" vamp during the moon heat it is the only reason a vamp could father any child cos he was so new

DrkCherry
June 1st, 2008, 12:12 PM
no as best i can remember and i haven't looked thier mother raped a newly "born?" vamp during the moon heat it is the only reason a vamp could father any child cos he was so new

Thanks.

When I got to that paragraph it actually stopped me and I had to think about it. That's weird that I would reverse it, maybe because, as far as we know, men rape women and not the reverse.

hollie
June 1st, 2008, 04:21 PM
i think thats why i remembered as it is so unusual for a woman to raped man at least that we here about

MPlaymate
June 4th, 2008, 11:40 PM
maybe Keri made a blooper in the latest book that nobody caught including her publisher.

DrkCherry
June 5th, 2008, 01:03 AM
maybe Keri made a blooper in the latest book that nobody caught including her publisher.

I emailed Keri and asked her and she said it was the female were who raped the vamp.

Karenne
June 5th, 2008, 06:41 PM

Nooooo! Keri is perfect (grins)

If anyone it was the publisher. nods..that is my story and I am stickin' to it!Laugh it Up fuzball

KeriArthur
June 12th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Even I'll admit that I'm not perfect.

Although give me a few wines and I may just tell you otherwise :giggle:

DavidsGirl841444
June 19th, 2008, 10:38 AM
I bet but yeah it is that way

Dani
June 21st, 2008, 12:00 AM
Even I'll admit that I'm not perfect.

Although give me a few wines and I may just tell you otherwise :giggle:

We'll just tell you that you're perfect and leave it at that. LOL!

MPlaymate
June 21st, 2008, 09:58 PM
but i did find one blooper in the book as i was reading it. it was very small and it was towards the end of the book. it was a single 1 letter mistake that changed the word.

hollie
June 22nd, 2008, 06:26 AM
what? where? when? I don't remember that must of been too caught up in the story

KeriArthur
June 22nd, 2008, 05:19 PM
but i did find one blooper in the book as i was reading it. it was very small and it was towards the end of the book. it was a single 1 letter mistake that changed the word.

:duh:
okay, now I'm curious, so you have to tell

DavidsGirl841444
June 23rd, 2008, 10:49 AM
Hehehe like to know as well.

Dani
June 23rd, 2008, 10:42 PM
Yeah, me too. I really want to know what you're talking about MPlaymate.

RedPixy
March 6th, 2009, 12:31 PM
It made sense to me that Riley's mother was the one who raped the vampire (not like he was complaining though I'm sure) because when a wolf is without for so long during the moon heat it becomes an uncontrollable urge to mate and then with it being held off for so long blood becomes a
necessity too...isn't that what happened in the first book with Riley and Quinn? (or was it the second?)

Dani
March 9th, 2009, 09:03 AM
It made sense to me that Riley's mother was the one who raped the vampire (not like he was complaining though I'm sure) because when a wolf is without for so long during the moon heat it becomes an uncontrollable urge to mate and then with it being held off for so long blood becomes a
necessity too...isn't that what happened in the first book with Riley and Quinn? (or was it the second?)
The vamp had no choice because he was just rising for the first time and his body (and cells) hadn't finished dying yet (so to speak...that's why Riley's mom was able to get pregnant). Most wolves don't need the blood because of a lack of sex, they just go into blood lust without it. The sex seems to control the blood lust so they don't just go out and attack innocent people (that's what I got from it). In Rhoan's case, because his vamp half is more in control, he needs the blood with sex where Riley doesn't (yet) because her wolf is at the forefront.

I believe the part you were referring to was more about Quinn not feeding properly since he wasn't with Riley. He was the one that needed the blood with sex.

RedPixy
March 9th, 2009, 09:15 AM
The vamp had no choice because he was just rising for the first time and his body (and cells) hadn't finished dying yet (so to speak...that's why Riley's mom was able to get pregnant). Most wolves don't need the blood because of a lack of sex, they just go into blood lust without it. The sex seems to control the blood lust so they don't just go out and attack innocent people (that's what I got from it). In Rhoan's case, because his vamp half is more in control, he needs the blood with sex where Riley doesn't (yet) because her wolf is at the forefront.

I believe the part you were referring to was more about Quinn not feeding properly since he wasn't with Riley. He was the one that needed the blood with sex.

Maybe that's what it was. She didn't "need" the blood it just kind of got in the way of her savagery? (I'm referring to the scene when Talen captured Riley, chaining her with silver and left her before Quinn and Rhoan got there.)

Dani
March 9th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Maybe that's what it was. She didn't "need" the blood it just kind of got in the way of her savagery? (I'm referring to the scene when Talen captured Riley, chaining her with silver and left her before Quinn and Rhoan got there.)
Yeah, she was without sex because of Talon (and work I believe), so she was thrown into blood lust and Quinn was the only one that was able to handle the attack because of his strength. She would have ripped Rhoan (or anyone else) to shreds if they had gone in with her. With the way you wrote
isn't that what happened in the first book with Riley and Quinn? (or was it the second?) I wasn't thinking of when Riley went into blood lust. I thought of Quinn not feeding well because he wasn't with Riley (the scene on the plane came to mind...LOL).

I need to get my books out and reread before the release date for the new book (only a couple more weeks ladies!).

RedPixy
March 9th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Amen to that sister. I started doing that and stopped at the second one because Kim Harrison's new book came out and I HAVE to read it.

Dani
March 9th, 2009, 10:01 AM
I haven't read that series yet. I have a couple of books from it though, so I'll get there soon enough. LOL! I'm currently reading Casual Hex by Vicki Lewis Thompson. This is the third book of the series and it's funny.

RedPixy
March 9th, 2009, 10:18 AM
I haven't read that series yet. I have a couple of books from it though, so I'll get there soon enough. LOL! I'm currently reading Casual Hex by Vicki Lewis Thompson. This is the third book of the series and it's funny.

What's the name of the first one? I'm always looking for new series to read b/c I go threw just one too fast; it's always helpful to have more on hand.Bouncy Icon Smilie

Dani
March 9th, 2009, 01:23 PM
What's the name of the first one? I'm always looking for new series to read b/c I go threw just one too fast; it's always helpful to have more on hand.Bouncy Icon Smilie
The first one is called Over Hexed and the second is Wild & Hexy. They are funny and the dragon is a riot. Think of a teenager and how they shirk their responsibilities and you have George (He's also got ADD). Check her website for all the info. http://vickilewisthompson.com/

MPlaymate
March 13th, 2009, 08:07 PM
I'm always looking for new series to read b/c I go threw just one too fast; it's always helpful to have more on hand.Bouncy Icon Smilie

Have you read the Immortal Series Yet??? the last of the eight books just came out. All of them are fantastic!! My favorite character is Darius!!!

hollie
March 14th, 2009, 11:10 AM
i haven't read those yet but i have got them on my list

MPlaymate
March 14th, 2009, 04:23 PM
oh there really good!!! i got the last book coming to me when keri's newest book releases and ships!!!!

CharmedGirl
March 14th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Have you read the Immortal Series Yet??? the last of the eight books just came out. All of them are fantastic!! My favorite character is Darius!!!

I haven't read them. So I'll have to check them out.

MPlaymate
March 15th, 2009, 04:06 PM
they have some really sexy hunks!!! i think they should make a movie out of the books!!!! it'd be cool to see how they would make tattoo's come to life!!!!

Maria M.
March 16th, 2009, 10:19 AM
I don't know if anyone has mentioned the J.R. Ward series but they are AMAZING!!!! My favorite character is Rhage:wub:. Zadist's story is also amazing. :huepfen017: You should check them out.

CharmedGirl
March 16th, 2009, 03:00 PM
I don't know if anyone has mentioned the J.R. Ward series but they are AMAZING!!!! My favorite character is Rhage:wub:. Zadist's story is also amazing. :huepfen017: You should check them out.

I love JR Ward's books. Zhadist's story has been the best so far out of the 6 books.

MPlaymate
March 18th, 2009, 05:21 PM
i also read the harleyquin romance nocture series and those books are very good. their now spinning off the nocture books with nocture bites starting in april. every month it's a different author and some books are in a series from each author or in a stand alone series.

Dani
March 18th, 2009, 07:30 PM
i also read the harleyquin romance nocture series and those books are very good. their now spinning off the nocture books with nocture bites starting in april. every month it's a different author and some books are in a series from each author or in a stand alone series.
Actually, they've been doing the Nocturne Bites since about May of last year (that's the earliest date on them that I've seen). I have a few already and they're pretty good. One of them is a prequel to Gena Showalter's Lords of the Underworld trilogy she put out last year.

MPlaymate
March 23rd, 2009, 02:04 PM
ah, because the book i just got said they where starting them this april i guess there putting them in printed book form in april. they may have been doing the e-book since last may.

Dani
March 26th, 2009, 10:10 PM
That could very well be possible. Maybe they'll put the stories by the same author together in a book and put the single story authors in an anthology kind of book. We'll have to wait and see.

MPlaymate
March 27th, 2009, 11:34 AM
maybe ... maybenot!!!!