PDA

View Full Version : Christine Feehan's Dark Celebration...

Regina
November 7th, 2006, 10:05 PM
I finished this one a couple of weeks ago, and have already re-read it! This is one of the best ones in the Dark Series and leaves several clues for new books which I'm sure any of us that read her are tickled pink about. As far as I'm concerned, she can keep writing this series forever, I love it! Also, found out that on her website there are a few deleted scenes that didn't make it into the final addition.

Regina

Karenne
November 12th, 2006, 01:31 AM
Really? I just got it and I was wondering because (BIG Dark series fan here and felt guilty for thinking this) thought the beginning was going kind of slow. I will try it again.

Thanks Regina!

Regina
November 12th, 2006, 02:20 AM
The beginning is a tad slow, I took a break from it too at first but then I just sat down and read, and by about the half-way mark I was absolutely hooked! She alludes to all sorts of things for future books, so honestly I can't wait for the next one to see where she is gonna take it. LOL

I'm a HUGE Dark series fan too, I have every book in the series on it's own shelf in my book case, and I've been known to go back to the beginning and start with the first one until I've read the whole series again!

Regina

jennzilla
November 12th, 2006, 03:32 AM
I've never been able to get into these books. I read one and started another, and somehow, I lost it.. and never got the urge to replace it. LOL! I'm not going to go back and buy them all at this late date. Not with my TBR pile glaring at me from the corner as it is. But, I wish I'd started way back when. Everyone loves her. Charissa has recommended the other series, Ghost hunter or something to me. I am so terrible at the names, but it's not the Dark one, she says it was great.

Karenne
November 12th, 2006, 10:46 PM
Oh Jenn..they are great. Now that winter is coming....check out the local library and get the books from the beginning...Dark Prince..then my personal favorite...Dark Desire...and so on. Follow the series and go one book at a time.

Karenne
November 12th, 2006, 10:46 PM
Thanks Regina...I will give it another try honey..

Regina
November 12th, 2006, 11:09 PM
You won't be sorry Karenne, it is a really good book once you get into it! LOL <hugs>

Regina

Lainey
November 20th, 2006, 07:22 AM
I READ Dark Celebration a couple months ago and it blew me away because it tied up every single book she had written to date on the Carpathians and it leaves it with at least 2 or 3 stories we will now see coming out soon I hope. This was an exceptional book, very different since it mainly deals with Mikahail Dubrinsky as the Prince but it brings together everyone in one place to celebrate and reunite for the first time in centuries and even a millenium or two for some. Hmm to be somewhat immortal and live those extra long lives. My first one I read though was Jacques and that just gripped you from beginning to end after that I read Dark Prince .. out of order #2 then #1 but it worked well. Anyway anyway anyone that loves the Dark Series will love Dark Celebration I hope.

DavidsGirl841444
October 13th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Must start reading these I picked one up looked intresting, then I saw the manga and it was brilliant. I love it.

DrkCherry
October 15th, 2007, 01:49 AM
I have all her Dark series, although I haven't read the last 4. I tend to read in spurts, but don't want to fall behind so I always buy them.

While I really like the Dark series, it became repetative to me, and considering my m/m preference, harder to read. However, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Ghostwalker series. I'm only one behind on that series.

I have three rows of my bookshelf filled with unread books...I will get there, if I could stop buying them in between then.
I currently have Embraced by Darkness in my purse, one from Keri's other series in the bathroom, a Merry Gentry by the bed, and there's a JD Robb in my car.:unsure:

I've never been able to get into these books. I read one and started another, and somehow, I lost it.. Charissa has recommended the other series, Ghost hunter or something to me. I am so terrible at the names, but it's not the Dark one, she says it was great.

DavidsGirl841444
October 15th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Whoa DarkCherry you know you rock! That is sweet having three shelves full of unread books that is extremly cool. But the Dark series is alot of books and the book stores around here only carry a few of each damn. I have to do it all online.