PDA

View Full Version : Second DCL MS

Liadan
June 8th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Just sent off the MS for my second DCL book. This time it's a full novel. 82K words and 267 pages. It's the first in a trilogy and hopefully they will accept it.

I'm doing edits on the second book now. It's a bit disheartening to read something you wrote five years ago and think, "I wrote this crap? What was I thinking?" I've done a lot of that re-reading these stories. Now I easily spot the mistakes and the word diseases I had back then.

But now it's cleaned up and off the head editor and Pam. I will keep you all updated.

Eden Rivers
June 8th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Yippee! Always a great feeling to send a manuscript out into the world :-) And I know what you mean about revisiting things you've written a while ago. I'm always amazed when I look back. Don't sweat it, though--just part of the writing process. It would be a lot more of a problem if we looked back and said, "Gee, this is exactly the same as what I'm writing now. Haven't grown a bit as a writer," LOL.

Liadan
June 8th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Just got word back from Pam. They want it! They want the second and third in the trilogy as well. :swoon:

I'm flying high right now! Off to edit the second book.

Eden Rivers
June 8th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Woo-hoo!!! You rock!!! When you're done fainting, go out and have one heck of a celebration tonight :clap:

Just got word back from Pam. They want it! They want the second and third in the trilogy as well. :swoon:

I'm flying high right now! Off to edit the second book.