PDA

View Full Version : Whew lordy...READING the "Anita Blake" series

Ti3
June 29th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Whew lordy so Im reading the Anita Blake series by L.K.Hamilton and Im reading at warp speed lol....man I crack myself up sometimes on how addicted I become to a new series if I like it. Ive read the first 4 installments (Guilty Pleasures, The laughing Corpse, Circus of the Damned and The Lunatic Cafe). I wanted to come on here and raveeeeee about them all. So I hopped on here and headed for the Thread started I think by Kareene lol...mistake mistake mistake...hahaha....I was thinking DaMnnnn when is the sex gonna get all heavy. I kinda had a thing for Jean Claude....and well yah frankly I really liked Richard too! So anyways I did head to todays poste on that Pg by Kareene and lord help me:huh_oh: I read Anita sleeps with Jean Claude...lord help me I will read even faster than warp speed now :lol:. I like LOVE Jean Claude haha...and yah I was right with Anita loving Richard too hahaha nowwwwwwwwww who the hells gonna tell me which book she sleeps with Jean Claude in??????????????????????:devil: Ive got the next 2 installments haha that I was going to take Camping with me, but IM wondering if I should go get more hahaha....I know I know im a lil crazy :goinginsane:

I have absolutely LOVED the Anita Blake series....Awesome reads everyone so far!! They have certainly kept me coming back for more!

And until IM totally caught up with the rest of you's over in that other Thread I should prolly stick here....haha otherwise the spoilers with have me going a lil loopy trying to read at warp speed readingbookfast readingbookfast readingbookfast readingbookfast

hollie
June 30th, 2008, 09:31 AM
she sleeps with JC from book 6 and Richard from book 8 and Micah (he's new in book 10) from book 10 !!!!!!!! so now you can read really really fast and me and Bec can have someone else to talk to about them

Ti3
June 30th, 2008, 12:59 PM
:omg_2: whew lordy HOLLY hehehe see I almost got ...well ...um ok never mind what I almost got like ...its too much info to share hehehe would likely get me into some trouble.....um gawd....yes now I will read at lightening speed haha.... I bet I read book 5 within a day just so I can get to 6 hahaha --- laughing at myself over here! Im all wound up about it now.....seeeeeeeeee what you did hahaha :tt2:

:whoohoo: cant wait to chat with you girls about it....hehe...too fun!!!

CharmedGirl
June 30th, 2008, 03:39 PM
she sleeps with JC from book 6 and Richard from book 8 and Micah (he's new in book 10) from book 10 !!!!!!!! so now you can read really really fast and me and Bec can have someone else to talk to about them

Don't forget she sleeps with Jason in book 11 and Nathaniel in book 12. LOL

hollie
June 30th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Don't forget she sleeps with Jason in book 11 and Nathaniel in book 12. LOL

To name but a few !!!!!!!!

CharmedGirl
June 30th, 2008, 05:31 PM
To name but a few !!!!!!!!

Anita does have a long list of men now. LOL

I can't wait for the next one which won't be out until June next year. :tear:

hollie
June 30th, 2008, 05:34 PM
yeh but we get a new Merry book November I think

CharmedGirl
June 30th, 2008, 10:00 PM
yeh but we get a new Merry book November I think

Oh yeah I can't wait for that book especially with a name like Swallowing Darkness. That has got to be such a great double entendre. I hope it isn't going to be another emotional book like A Lick of Frost but I have a feeling it will be! :tear:

Ti3
June 30th, 2008, 10:36 PM
Ohhhhhh Myyyyy ohhhhhh Myyyyyy ...hehehehe goody gooooooddddyyyyy goody it gonna get steamier!! Im just now starting Bloody Bones.....hehe.....cant wait for the SEXXXXXXXXXX :innocent: Did I just say that outloud?????

Ummmmmm THANKSSSSS ladies for the incentive to read faster :tt2: ....DAMMMMETTTTT to hell why dont I have men falling all over me like that??????

Dani
June 30th, 2008, 10:41 PM
I guess I really need to read this series too, but I want to get through Merry Gentry first (along with a few others...LOL...I always have a long list going).

CharmedGirl
June 30th, 2008, 10:42 PM
You'll love when you get to book 10 - Narcissus In Chains and Anita meets Micah. OMG he is one of my favourites. LOL

Dani
June 30th, 2008, 10:43 PM
DAMMMMETTTTT to hell why dont I have men falling all over me like that??????
That's what the hell I want to know for myself Ti3! Laugh it Up fuzball

Ti3
June 30th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Dani...girly...its an awesome series! At first I wasnt for sure I would like it...but DDDAAAANGGGGG I really LOVE them! They will grab you and holdddddd you through girl Im telling you! Im having a hard time not reading my brains out. LOL....Thats what you call a reading ADDICT!! haha

And Charmed....girly....um....hehe....I like really am overly um EXCITED to get too more juicy stuff...and sexy men.....uh hmm I uh appreciate YOURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR TEASINGGGGGGGGGGGG my senses to the point of pain :tt2:

Dani....even though Im married...Im still wondering where all that HOT excitement went in my life.....sighs....the reality of life....SUCKSSSSSSSSSS sometimes!!! :oops: Guess I have diarrhea of the mouth tonight hahahahaha

sabby07
June 30th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Ok now I am going to try this series again. I started about a year ago and I picked up one of her books- needless to say it was in the middle of the series and I WAS SO LOST!! But it sounds very yummy

CharmedGirl
June 30th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Okay more teasing then with the gorgeous men in Anita's life. Well let us see. She has a couple of good menage a trois in the books. LOL

CharmedGirl
June 30th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Ok now I am going to try this series again. I started about a year ago and I picked up one of her books- needless to say it was in the middle of the series and I WAS SO LOST!! But it sounds very yummy

Sabby you have to start at book 1 otherwise the series doesn't make sense.

Ti3
June 30th, 2008, 11:03 PM
:omg_2: She has a freakin "menage a trois "??????????????? HOLY CRAPPPPPPPPPPPPPP hehehe does it ever get hotter as you go!!!! UM gawddddddddddddddd!! lmaooooooooooooooo

Sabby....ya gotta get number 1 girly its called "Guilty Pleasures"... it will hook ya for sure!!! I think my hub is jealous of my freakin books!!!! :lol: Well his arse should pay more attention to me!!! haha Cant help it if my lusty & sexy book characters add more spark to my life than he does haha....

whew...again TMI hahaha diarrhea of the mouth ...yep thats me!

hollie
July 1st, 2008, 05:48 AM
is someone getting excited can imagine why Innocent?

CharmedGirl
July 1st, 2008, 03:26 PM
is someone getting excited can imagine why Innocent?

Well Hollie, ti3 is going to be reading the really good books soon so she should be excited. LOL

sabby07
July 1st, 2008, 04:40 PM
I will pick it up this weekend:orange:

Ti3
August 10th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Hi you guys...whew lordy its been a great and busy summer for me so far. I went camping for 2wks w/my kids...came home went camping again the next wk-end then went to Kentucky to visit my family for a week. Then on Wed Aug 13th Im having Gastric Bypass surgery. Thats why Ive not been on here much lately.

But let me tell you all somethinnnnnnn ----- I have soooooooooo been reading my Anita Blake books!!!!! Good gawd almightyyyyyyyyyy ladies...steamyyyyyy....yummmmmy and very very addicting!!!!! Whew I wanted her to do the nasty with Jean Claude....but I must be twisted or something cuz now I want her to do it with Richard too :whistilin: hehehe I am so bad I guess...

Right now Im reading Blue Moon...almost part way through. No sex yet....just got to the part where she had to save Nathanal from dying & let him suck her blood. hehehe I have a strange feeling Anita might get it on with Asher????????:huh_oh: wont Jean Claude be pissed off?!!! hahahaha......And for some strange reason Im hoping she does the nasty in this book with Richard too. Cant be that easy that I get all my naughty desires for Anita out so soon....can it????? lmao

I absolutely LOVE this series.

I have also read 2 of Stephanie Myers "Best Sellers" books from the Twilight Series. Amazing Amazing Amazing books as well. Ive absolutely LOVED those as well. She is a phenomenon to reckon with let me tell you! Her books have swept the nations and are at the Top Selling spots right now. You cant hardly get some of the books right now in stores. So if any of you have picked them up and put them back down....I would encourage you to pick them back up....their gr888888888!!!!

I will be home on the wkend and likely will be doing alot of reading in my recovery time! So hopefully I can spend a bit more time here.

HUGS yal~Tyra~

hollie
August 10th, 2008, 04:34 PM
keep up with the anita books they get better from blue moon

I hope every thing goes well with your operation and look forward to some antita gossip when your feeling better

Hugs
xxx

Dani
August 11th, 2008, 12:39 AM
Hi you guys...whew lordy its been a great and busy summer for me so far. I went camping for 2wks w/my kids...came home went camping again the next wk-end then went to Kentucky to visit my family for a week. Then on Wed Aug 13th Im having Gastric Bypass surgery. Thats why Ive not been on here much lately.

I have also read 2 of Stephanie Myers "Best Sellers" books from the Twilight Series. Amazing Amazing Amazing books as well. Ive absolutely LOVED those as well. She is a phenomenon to reckon with let me tell you! Her books have swept the nations and are at the Top Selling spots right now. You cant hardly get some of the books right now in stores. So if any of you have picked them up and put them back down....I would encourage you to pick them back up....their gr888888888!!!!

I will be home on the wkend and likely will be doing alot of reading in my recovery time! So hopefully I can spend a bit more time here.

HUGS yal~Tyra~
Good luck on the surgery Trya! Be very careful too after it's done and follow the rules. I know people who've had it done and got sick from not following the rules and one that ended up eating enough to make her stomach just as big as before. I was interested in that surgery for awhile and the easier Lap Band surgery as well, but they both have some risks that I wasn't willing to take at the time. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

I have read all the Stephenie Meyer's books to date (well, I'm still finishing Breaking Dawn, but will be done tomorrow). They are totally worth the money to invest in them. She is a excellent writer! BTW, I cut out the stuff you wrote about Anita because I haven't read those books yet, so I can't comment on them, but they sure sound good.

Ti3
August 24th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Hi ya yal....Well my surgery went well. I am a week and a half out. Everything seems to be going well and I am feeling better every day. I will say this though it is no cake walk. No one can ever tell me this is the easy way out of losing weight. I know for a fact its hard as hell!!!

Ive been reading my Anita Blake books and whew lordy are they great or what! I just finished Narcissus IN Chains . I think its my favorite book so far. Though I must say Im a little pissed off at Richard at this point. My current read is Cerulean Sins. I have sooooooooo enjoyed Mrs.Hamiltons books!!! They've sure kept me company during my time of recovery!

Well I just wanted to stop by ....say hi....say im still alive and well.....andddddddddddddd to say where Im at in my Anita read's! If any of you's wanna talk about the books up until the one Im reading...IM YOUR GIRL lol!!!!

Hugs

Tyra

Dani
August 24th, 2008, 11:44 PM
Glad to see you're back! HugMe

I'm very thankful that things went will with the surgery too! :biggrin:

CharmedGirl
August 25th, 2008, 01:42 AM
Great that you're back. Glad the surgery went well.

Narcissus in Chains was a great book and is definitely my favourite so far. I've just finished re-reading all the Anita books.

hollie
August 25th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Good to hear your feeling better. Narcissus in chains is my fave and it was the fisrt one I read the begining is in the Out of this World anthology with JD Robb

Ti3
September 1st, 2008, 09:05 PM
Holy Crapppppp yal....I just got finished with "Incubus Dreams" in the Anita Blake Series.....whew lordy! That book wassssssssssss full of goodies!!!!

I have to say that Laurell K. Hamilton is an excellent writer! Ive thoroughly enjoyed this series. And from recently going to her website I found out she plans to continue her Anita Series. I am surprised they haven't come up with a tv series to go along with her books. Though here recently most vampire Tv Series that Ive enjoyed havent seemed to make it very long (ex. Moonlight). Sucks that they canned Moonlight I really loved that show. I guess it takes all kinds and I happen to have a unique interest in Fictional characters like - vampires, werewolves and creatures such as these. I enjoy where the books Ive been reading take me. Its on a journey into a world thats rich and fertile in the far reaches of my mind. I just simply like my paranormal genre. Dunno why I just decided to go on that lil tangent except that I have soooooooooo LOVED my Anita books that I guess I at times have to share my thoughts.

I have to say Incubus Dreams was HOT!!!!! I cant decide which book is my fav now. LOL What a harsh problem huh being unable to choose a favorite??????

sabby07
September 1st, 2008, 09:26 PM
Ok you all have convinced me to give these another shot. I went out and got the first three. I started the first one this morning, So far it's good.

Ti3
September 1st, 2008, 09:41 PM
Sabby darlin they get better and better!!! Just keep reading ...... they will suck you in and keep you -um- ready for the next book hehe.

For some strange reason I all the sudden thought of Dori from Finding Nemo; when she kept driving Nemo nuts by saying "Just keep swimming...swimming....swimming" except in my mind I kinda played it like this for Sabby ------

:roflmao:"Just keep reading....reading....reading....Just keep reading .....reading.....reading" Laugh it Up fuzball

:roflmao:Yah I know ok ok Im a little mental :roflmao: But seriously thats what popped into my head when you said you were giving them another shot!! haha

Enjoy....and let me knowwww what you think as you go along hun....we can have some laughs along the way....

HUGS Ti3

sabby07
September 1st, 2008, 10:22 PM
That is so funny! lol

Dani
September 1st, 2008, 10:43 PM
Holy Crapppppp yal....I just got finished with "Incubus Dreams" in the Anita Blake Series.....whew lordy! That book wassssssssssss full of goodies!!!!

I have to say that Laurell K. Hamilton is an excellent writer! Ive thoroughly enjoyed this series. And from recently going to her website I found out she plans to continue her Anita Series. I am surprised they haven't come up with a tv series to go along with her books. Though here recently most vampire Tv Series that Ive enjoyed havent seemed to make it very long (ex. Moonlight). Sucks that they canned Moonlight I really loved that show. I guess it takes all kinds and I happen to have a unique interest in Fictional characters like - vampires, werewolves and creatures such as these. I enjoy where the books Ive been reading take me. Its on a journey into a world thats rich and fertile in the far reaches of my mind. I just simply like my paranormal genre. Dunno why I just decided to go on that lil tangent except that I have soooooooooo LOVED my Anita books that I guess I at times have to share my thoughts.

I have to say Incubus Dreams was HOT!!!!! I cant decide which book is my fav now. LOL What a harsh problem huh being unable to choose a favorite??????
Be ready then if you liked Moonlight because True Blood starts on HBO on the 7th of this month and from what I've read, Alan Ball (who is making it) ramped up the sex in it. And OMG, I saw a shot of the guy playing Eric and all I can say is WOW, he's hot (at least I thought so)! :biggrin:

Ti3
September 1st, 2008, 10:48 PM
I dunno if I get that up here in Canada. I will have to look into it Dani. Cuzzzzzzzzz I sure love me a good Vampire Tv Series to fill in some lonesome nights hehe....HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS to YOUUUUUU MsDani Girl..Hope your doin' good!!!!

Dani
September 1st, 2008, 11:04 PM
I'm doing great Tyra! I hope you're doing well too! HugMe

syrenity
September 20th, 2008, 02:45 PM
She has a couple of good menage a trois in the books. LOL

LOL A COUPLE??? For Anita a couple is just the warm up!2

CharmedGirl
September 20th, 2008, 08:25 PM
LOL A COUPLE??? For Anita a couple is just the warm up!2

Yeah definitely. Imagine being in between Micah and Nathaniel every night that would be a dream come true. LOL