PDA

View Full Version : Well, we have an update....sort of....



Ericka Scott
July 1st, 2008, 02:10 AM
After all the hoopla of waiting for my daughter's appointment with yet another neurosurgeon, we still don't have any concrete answers. Since this was only a "consult", I'm not sure I expected any. But I could always hope.

The next step is the angiogram to determine the specific treatment option for my daughter's bubble in her brain. Of course, we now have to "wait" (I really hate that word) for the insurance authorization for the procedure before we can proceed.

According to the doctor, we're looking at three possible scenerios, a coil, a clip, or a bypass. I'm praying for the first, would settle for the second, and don't want the third -- but we'll take it if that's the only option.

So, to take my mind off my troubles (kind of like hitting your finger with a hammer to take your mind off a stubbed toe) -- I sent out a handful of agent queries at the end of last week. The rejections have been coming in fast and furious.

hollie
July 1st, 2008, 05:10 AM
oh Ericka I hope everything works the way you want and she gets better soon all you can do is keep praying a sick child is the worst thing cos you can't help I walked around in a daze when my youngest was ill so your doing really well to even know what an agent is let alone how to contact one

Dani
July 1st, 2008, 09:50 PM
That's terrible Ericka. I hope that they're able to do something for your daughter soon. I'll keep y'all in my thoughts and prayers.

rgraham666
July 2nd, 2008, 08:49 AM
Oh dear.

Sending strength and positive vibes your way, Ericka.