PDA

View Full Version : Funny thing happened at the grocery store today.

Liadan
July 3rd, 2008, 10:54 PM
so as is my usual routine, after work I went to the gym and then to the store. As I'm standing in the aisle, I look up and see this man walking in my direction, I get the feeling that I know him.

As he got closer I realized who he was but didn't say anything. I went about my business and the next thing I knew, I heard my name being called.

Now for those of you who don't know, my upcoming release through Champagne, Reunited By Murder, has a lot of the characters based on people I used to work with. One of them being my boss at the time, Mike. Well, Mike doesn't make it to the end of the book.

So when I turn around I see Mike standing there big as you please. I smiled and said, "You look pretty good for a dead man."

I had to tell him about the book so he wouldn't take it as a threat. No, he wasn't happy that I killed him off. But oh well, I didn't like him much when I worked for him.

Karenne
July 3rd, 2008, 11:19 PM
(shocked sound) I can't believe you said that!

I am laughing so hard. To funny.

Liadan
July 3rd, 2008, 11:28 PM
Yes I know! I'm always the perfect angel :angel:, I don't know what got into me today. :devil:

Dani
July 4th, 2008, 01:12 AM
Whoa, Lia! That takes some major... ummm, well... (to put it bluntly) balls to say that to a former boss. I don't know if I could or not (and I've had a really bitchy boss). LOL!

hollie
July 4th, 2008, 09:05 AM
I'd love to do something like that kill off an old boss in a book not sure if i'd have the guts to tell them about it :sofa: