PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo! False Colors is official!

alexbeecroft
July 4th, 2008, 05:39 AM
I'm such a professional pessimist that I don't dare to celebrate anything until it's signed and sealed. But this is! Woohoo!

So I can now happily announce that my second Age of Sail novel, 'False Colors' has been accepted for publication by Running Press, a subsidiary of Perseus Books (http://www.perseusbooksgroup.com/perseus/about_us.jsp)

I have just got the signed contract back from the publishers, with half my advance, the rest to be paid when I turn in the manuscript on Monday. Eeeee! And they're going to publish it as a mainstream book and distribute it to bookshops and everything! I will wait until I go in to a bookshop and see it on the shelves before officially deciding that I can die happy, but this comes close :)
:toot:
DiscoDancingCarrots

hollie
July 4th, 2008, 08:57 AM
:huepfen017: :huepfen017: congratulations Alex thats brillient news :huepfen017: :huepfen017:

alexbeecroft
July 4th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Hee! Thank you Hollie! I can still hardly believe it, but it's wonderful :D I can't wait for it to come out now!

hollie
July 4th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Any Idea how long it will take??

alexbeecroft
July 4th, 2008, 05:05 PM
All I know at present is that it's due out some time in the spring 2009. But I'll be sure to trumpet the news around as soon as I know more :)

Dani
July 4th, 2008, 07:43 PM
OMG!! That is so awesome Alex!! Congratulations. I can't wait to see it in the stores. Bouncy Icon Smilie

sabby07
July 5th, 2008, 02:51 AM
Congrats Alex!!smilies/butterfly.gi

alexbeecroft
July 5th, 2008, 07:36 AM
OMG!! That is so awesome Alex!! Congratulations. I can't wait to see it in the stores. Bouncy Icon Smilie
Hee! Thanks so much, IrishWolf! And I have to admit, neither can I :D

alexbeecroft
July 5th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Congrats Alex!!smilies/butterfly.gi
Thanks so much, Sabby! It's a bit of a dream come true, definitely :)