PDA

View Full Version : Strawberry And French Vanilla Pudding Cake

Reviewer Danielle
July 9th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Ingredients:
2 boxes Instant French Vanilla Pudding (any brand) (I use the smaller size)
1 8 oz tub cool whip (any brand)
1 Vanilla Cake Mix (any brand)
2 pounds strawberries (3/4 pounds cut into chunks. 1 1/4 pounds sliced lengthwise)
Milk (for pudding) (smaller package of pudding calls for 2 cups of milk)
Extra Milk for Frosting
-----------------------------------------------
CAKE:
Bake cake according to directions using two 8 inch round cake pans, set aside to cool, preferably overnight.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
PUDDING:
Mix 1 box pudding according to pudding directions. Set in fridge for at least 10 minutes.
FROSTING:
Mix 1 8 oz cool whip, pudding mix, and chunked strawberries on medium speed until mixed well. You may need to add some milk so frosting does not come out gritty. Use lightly as too much milk will make the frosting soupy and it will not set. Strawberries may shred but that is ok. Set in fridge overnight.
Take the pudding and spread an even amount on top of one of the cakes. Lay some of the sliced up strawberries on top of pudding. Lay second cake overtop. Take strawberry frosting and frost cake completely. Using up to the rest of the sliced strawberries, lay overtop cake and serve.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Added note: Do not use all of the pudding in between the layers because it will fall. Trust me I have tried. Also, for those of you who may be diabetic, you can use sugar free/fat free instant pudding mix, sugar free cool whip, and sugar free cake mix.
Also: If you do not want a double layer cake, bake the cake using one regular cake pan, omitting the pudding layer step and just using the frosting step.:eat:

Dani
July 9th, 2008, 07:13 PM
That sounds yummy. Thanks for sharing Danielle! :biggrin:

Reviewer Danielle
July 9th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Your Welcome! I love strawberry shortcake and decided to experiment until I got this!
Danielle
P.S. It is very good! I make it for my daughter's cheerleading bake sales and it goes quite fast!