PDA

View Full Version : Teaser

KeriArthur
July 11th, 2008, 06:11 PM
I thought I'd tempt your tastebuds for the Quinn short in The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance, so here you are. The beginning few lines of Dreams:

In the dreams they shared, there was always desire.

It was the slip of a hand across silky, golden skin. The sigh of quick breath past the lips he always longed to kiss, both in these dreams and in life.

The way she thrust back her head and moaned as he caressed her breasts, the gleam of her red hair under the candle-lit warmth that always seemed to encase these moments between wakefulness. Whether that light was by her design or his didn’t really matter, because all that did matter was the two of them.

And these precious moments of intimacy.

The dream went on. He watched the rapid beat of the pulse at her neck. Could almost smell the thick sweetness of the blood that ran underneath her skin. Blood he ached to roll across his taste buds yet again.

She moaned his name, a sound sweeter than life itself. He reached for her, pulling her spirit towards him, wrapping his own around her. Claiming her with a completeness that she would never allow in wakefulness.

But she was his in a way she would probably never understand. He might one day be forced to walk away, but he could never let her go completely. She was a part of him. He’d shared his blood with her and tasted her soul, and there was no turning away from the consequences of that. Not for one such as him--a creature who was more myth and magic than darkness.

He was something that should not be, even in this age of vampire rights and human acknowledgement--if not complete acceptance--that the things that went bump in the night were very real indeed.

But for now, there was just the two of them and this dream. It was everything and nothing, and it would do until they met again in the flesh.

Which would be soon. They’d been apart for too long now.

sabby07
July 11th, 2008, 10:33 PM
OMG

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Keri you are my hero!!!!! smilies/butterfly.gi

hollie
July 12th, 2008, 06:00 AM
:notworthy: oh wow more Quinn I can't wait for this one :notworthy:

Dani
July 12th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Oh yeah, now this is the stuff we love! Lusty Drool Smilie

Thank you Keri!! :notworthy:

TessL1981
July 13th, 2008, 06:02 AM
:notworthy: Oh yes yes yes. You gotta love sexy vamps. I'm definitely going to go and buy this one, especially since it's part of the Guardian series as well as Quinn's point of view. YAY!!!

DavidsGirl841444
July 27th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Oh my god this was hot i need this story got to know.

CharmedGirl
July 27th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Awesome teaser. I can't wait to read more!

hollie
July 28th, 2008, 01:32 PM
I got it Bouncy Icon Smilie it's here I'll read Quinn's story then go back to my review books I'll read the rest when I have time

hollie
July 29th, 2008, 11:40 AM
ok 4 things
1 I love what Quinn wants to do to Kellen
2 What an amazing gift/talent he has (is that going to be seen again?)
3 What is wrong with just adding shoes to her outfit????
4 I love what Quinn wants to do to Kellen

KeriArthur
July 31st, 2008, 05:35 PM
ok 4 things
1 I love what Quinn wants to do to Kellen
2 What an amazing gift/talent he has (is that going to be seen again?)
3 What is wrong with just adding shoes to her outfit????
4 I love what Quinn wants to do to Kellen

lol.
Quinn's gift will be seen again, in either the 8th or 9th book (not sure which one, yet). And it will prompt Riley's memories of the event (which will no doubt land Quinn in trouble :TroutSlap:)

I did briefly mention--or maybe hint is a better word--the talent in book three, though. It's how he got to the compound in daylight.

hollie
August 1st, 2008, 05:09 AM
lol.
Quinn's gift will be seen again, in either the 8th or 9th book (not sure which one, yet). And it will prompt Riley's memories of the event (which will no doubt land Quinn in trouble :TroutSlap:)

I did briefly mention--or maybe hint is a better word--the talent in book three, though. It's how he got to the compound in daylight.

Yes you did I hadn't contected them but now you said it, it makes perfect sence and I think Quinn will be in loads of trouble when Riley remembers :eat:

DavidsGirl841444
August 4th, 2008, 09:24 AM
I hope she does remember

Angie61881
August 10th, 2008, 02:57 AM
:stretching1:Man i have got to get this book. lol

DavidsGirl841444
August 10th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Read it and whoa hot and loved it quinn he is so sure

daeonica
August 10th, 2008, 12:14 PM
I saw this in the bookshop when I was in Glasgow on Friday, and sat and read the story there...

Quinn - yum. I love that vampire. It was really interesting seeing things from his POV for a change. And seeing when he gave her the compulsion to avoid the wolf clubs.
Did I mention I love that vampire? Yum. :)

Dani
August 11th, 2008, 12:46 AM
You and the rest of us Daeonica! :wub:

DavidsGirl841444
August 11th, 2008, 12:24 PM
That man never going to learn to stop messing around

daeonica
August 11th, 2008, 01:12 PM
That man never going to learn to stop messing around

Who, Quinn?

Dani
August 11th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Knowing DG like I do that's probably who she means.

CharmedGirl
August 11th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Well Quinn would be fun to mess around with. LOL

hollie
August 12th, 2008, 07:40 AM
Daeonica if we put a joint bid in we could get him first and share your only a few hours north of me Dani and Bec can wait till we finished Laugh it Up fuzball

daeonica
August 12th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Rofl, Hollie!
Yes, I'd like to mess around with Quinn. It could be very interesting. :giggle: :innocent:

DavidsGirl841444
August 12th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Would love to mess with Quinn pop him down some time

Dani
August 12th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Daeonica if we put a joint bid in we could get him first and share your only a few hours north of me Dani and Bec can wait till we finished Laugh it Up fuzball
You know I'm always up for that! :wub:

It might be a while before I pass him on though. Laugh it Up fuzball

hollie
August 13th, 2008, 06:56 AM
thats why we get him first we can share :tt2:

DavidsGirl841444
August 13th, 2008, 04:32 PM
i CAN WAIT AS long as i can have him

daeonica
August 13th, 2008, 04:40 PM
And I would think the 'having' is the important bit. :)

Reviewer Danielle
August 13th, 2008, 07:24 PM
:phone: I gotta tell you Keri that I love Quinn and as soon as I heard this, I called my mother-in-law because we both love Riley's series!
Danielle

I thought I'd tempt your tastebuds for the Quinn short in The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance, so here you are. The beginning few lines of Dreams:

In the dreams they shared, there was always desire.

It was the slip of a hand across silky, golden skin. The sigh of quick breath past the lips he always longed to kiss, both in these dreams and in life.

The way she thrust back her head and moaned as he caressed her breasts, the gleam of her red hair under the candle-lit warmth that always seemed to encase these moments between wakefulness. Whether that light was by her design or his didn’t really matter, because all that did matter was the two of them.

And these precious moments of intimacy.

The dream went on. He watched the rapid beat of the pulse at her neck. Could almost smell the thick sweetness of the blood that ran underneath her skin. Blood he ached to roll across his taste buds yet again.

She moaned his name, a sound sweeter than life itself. He reached for her, pulling her spirit towards him, wrapping his own around her. Claiming her with a completeness that she would never allow in wakefulness.

But she was his in a way she would probably never understand. He might one day be forced to walk away, but he could never let her go completely. She was a part of him. He’d shared his blood with her and tasted her soul, and there was no turning away from the consequences of that. Not for one such as him--a creature who was more myth and magic than darkness.

He was something that should not be, even in this age of vampire rights and human acknowledgement--if not complete acceptance--that the things that went bump in the night were very real indeed.

But for now, there was just the two of them and this dream. It was everything and nothing, and it would do until they met again in the flesh.

Which would be soon. They’d been apart for too long now.

Dani
August 15th, 2008, 10:23 PM
thats why we get him first we can share :tt2:
Cheeky! Laugh it Up fuzball

I finally got to read Keri's story Dreams in this anthology and it was excellent of course! Everything Keri writes turns to gold in my book. I've never read anything she's written that I haven't loved.

MAJOR kudos to you Keri on another outstanding piece of writing!!

Reviewer Danielle
August 15th, 2008, 10:46 PM
There are just some authors that you jump for joy to read. Sherrilyn Kenyon, Kate Douglas, Keri Arthur, Laurell K. Hamilton, Emma Holly to name a few. I just bought a book a few weeks ago because Emma Holly stated: A hot and spicy read. Never heard of the author but she recommended it, so hey! And I loved it. So if Keri Arthur wants to write more and more and more, I'll buy it!!!!

Dani
August 15th, 2008, 11:19 PM
Danielle, she's always writing more. Check out her website for what she has coming up. I'm really looking forward to reading Destiny Kills, her new series. It's gonna be awesome! In fact, I've got all the books that are coming out soon down on my list to buy when they finally hit the shelves. :biggrin:

KeriArthur
August 17th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Cheeky! Laugh it Up fuzball

MAJOR kudos to you Keri on another outstanding piece of writing!!

glad to hear you liked it smilies/cloud9.gif

Dani
August 17th, 2008, 05:50 PM
You know I love anything that has to do with Quinn! He is irresistible. It was really great to get to see a little more about him and his abilities.

Reviewer Danielle
August 17th, 2008, 10:14 PM
See I am terrified to look because I about bawled my eyes out wating for Riley's story! You know they have a name for people like me! I am a book addict! I tell you what I love to READ!! Thank you Keri for giving me something to look forward to!

hollie
August 18th, 2008, 05:38 AM
don't worry Danielle there is a new series starting in October and what we know so far it sounds very promising Lusty Drool Smilie

CharmedGirl
August 18th, 2008, 08:21 PM
I'm really looking forward to Destiny Kills. Not long to wait now for it's release. Time is flying by!

Dani
August 18th, 2008, 08:49 PM
See I am terrified to look because I about bawled my eyes out wating for Riley's story! You know they have a name for people like me! I am a book addict! I tell you what I love to READ!! Thank you Keri for giving me something to look forward to!
Oh honey, we're all book addicts here, so welcome to the club! While we bide our time waiting for the new Riley books to be released we sit and chat about all the men in her life and how we want them. It's great stress relief while we wait. ROFL! :devil:

Reviewer Danielle
August 18th, 2008, 09:26 PM
See my mother-in-law and I get into those discussions. I am super lucky to have an awesome in-law who loves to read just as much as I do. She even reads all of my erotica novels, which Keri I have you under! I just love my erotica novels! My hubby loves them too because he gets you know what! LOL. We were recently discussing Joe versus Ranger in the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich I always go for the bad guy types like Ranger and she goes for the good guy types like Joe! I tell you that there are certain characters in Keri Arthur's books of Riley that I am still pissed off at! How could HE do that to her. Geez, like we don't have enough going on in the world without our heart being broken into a million pieces!

Dani
August 18th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Kellen is a piece of s*#t. Look at me assuming that's who you're talking about. LOL!

I have said it in other threads though that I hadn't liked Kellen since we'd gotten to know more about him. Something just never sat right with me and I was greatful that he left her, but also pissed off! That's a discussion for the other thread though. LOL!

Reviewer Danielle
August 18th, 2008, 09:42 PM
See I have to agree with you on that one Dani. But I loved Kellen more so than Quinn because he could be her potential mate. Maybe we all get lucky and she will decide to go horsey! Hehehehe! I just love him and he understands her better than anyone else does. Although, that really wouldn't make a very good book if there was no conflict. That is why Keri is the Author and I am just a reader, hehehehe!
Danielle

Dani
August 18th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Laugh it Up fuzball You and Bec (CharmedGirl) both want her to go for Kade! I like Kade, but if I recall they gave off the general idea that the casual sex thing was okay between them, but they weren't mate material.

Myself, I'm a Quinn girl. No doubt about it. I do like Ben and Cole too (and Kade like I said before), but Quinn is my number one pick for Riley! :biggrin:

DavidsGirl841444
August 18th, 2008, 10:06 PM
With you wolf girl Quinn all the way

Reviewer Danielle
August 18th, 2008, 10:15 PM
See now I don't like Quinn because he is just as bad as Kellen! Now please do not be offended because I am really trying to remember his name but what about the one guy who is the clean up who is a coyote or whatever the heck he is. You know they always dance around about him not liking her because he considers her to promiscuous. But whenever the moon fever is on,he has a hard on from hades! I think that would be great and there is great conflict there too!
Danielle

Dani
August 18th, 2008, 10:26 PM
That's Cole and he's a wolf shifter, so that's why they differ about promiscuity. He's great, but I don't think anything's going to happen between them, but I could be wrong. I said once on another thread that it seems that if Keri makes a place for them on her characters list (on her site) then they are major players in the books. So far Cole's not on the list as a major player, but you never know what Keri's going to do next.

I'm not at all offended about your dislike of Quinn because that is totally your opinion to have.

Dani
August 18th, 2008, 10:29 PM
With you wolf girl Quinn all the way
Oh yeah DG, you're always right there with me about Quinn! LOL!

Hey, I see you changed your status on where you live. Does this mean that you're truely in Lakeland now? BTW, how's the married life?

DavidsGirl841444
August 19th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Its good yeah living here kind of dull but happy. Still trying to get furniture in here so yeah lots still to do. Yeah with you on the character page then not big but hey 180 on us

Reviewer Danielle
August 20th, 2008, 06:41 PM
I know exactly what you mean Dani about Keri. I mean once I think I have things figured out, she changes them on me! I mean I am chewing my nails again, waiting for the next one. LOL. Just kidding Keri, I still love you. My husband just shakes his head because when one of her new books comes out, I do a little dance, (ok it's a big one but still), get completely excited, drive about 35 miles to the nearest Wal-Mart just to get her book, come home, and call my mother-in-law to tease her and tell her I have Keri Arthur's new book! Keri, you rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dani
August 20th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Gee, what you do to your mother in law I do to one of my very best friends. She doesn't get to the bookstore like I do, so I gloat for a few days. She takes it stride too. Of course that's after she calles me every name in the book for gloating. LOL!

hollie
August 21st, 2008, 11:44 AM
mmm you've done that to me as well it's so not funny:tt2:

sabby07
August 21st, 2008, 08:29 PM
It took me forever to find the book! But I did and LOVED the Quinn story- Keri, you rock woman!

Dani
August 21st, 2008, 11:44 PM
mmm you've done that to me as well it's so not funny:tt2:
Awwww, I sorry! I usually try warn ahead of time before I do it. :biggrin:

hollie
August 22nd, 2008, 06:10 AM
I will get my own back .... not sure how or when but I will

DavidsGirl841444
August 22nd, 2008, 11:09 AM
You go girl

CharmedGirl
September 23rd, 2008, 12:58 AM
I will get my own back .... not sure how or when but I will

Oh boy somebody better watch out. LOL

Dani
September 23rd, 2008, 02:34 PM
Oh boy somebody better watch out. LOL

Ya think? :whistling: I'll be reading until then. LOL readingbookfast

hollie
September 23rd, 2008, 03:13 PM
:tt2::tt2::tt2::tt2:

Dani
September 23rd, 2008, 11:28 PM
:tt2::tt2::tt2::tt2:
I WUBS YOU HOLLIE!!!! :wub: HugMe

Is that enough buttering up?Laugh it Up fuzball

hollie
September 24th, 2008, 04:42 AM
I WUBS YOU TOO DANI

and i'm the one who should be being nice your getting Disney stuff for my kids

Dani
September 24th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Laugh it Up fuzball Yeah, that's very true!