PDA

View Full Version : Book Discussion

TessL1981
July 12th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Okay, just finished the book early this morning (literally at the butt crack of dawn :giggle: ). I wasn't sure where to post my thoughts, so I opened up a thread to discuss the book. Here's what I thought....

smilies/bawling.gif Hmm…I can’t believe Kellen! What was he thinking?! :hissyfit: Man, I feel for Riley. Right when she finally makes up her mind, it all blows up in her face. But I still have hopes that Quinn will be the one for her. Just as Dia had warned her of her future when Riley went to visit. At first I thought Kellen would be the one, but I guess not, well during this book anyways. I will have to say that the end worried me a little. Just as Riley had said before, Kellen reminded her of Talon. But for me, now that I got to know him a little better and his feelings for Riley, Kellen reminded of both Talon and Misha. I was glad that he didn’t betray her like they had. But since he is an alpha could you really blame the guy for how he feels? I understand how he feels about Riley, her life, and her job. It’s definite torture for him not to be able to protect and watch out for her at all times. Every time he reminds her of her job and all the dangers she deals daily and how he feels about it. Quinn keeps popping up in my mind. He is the one who has the power to be able to protect and watch out for her. During the span of the book when Riley got into a life or death situation, especially during the falling into jagged rocks and ocean. I was hoping Quinn would just jump right in to the rescue. But he didn’t and I came to miss him even though he ticked me off for treating Riley like he did. I just hope that he learns his lesson and comes to appreciate her a little more and not take her for granted (though I don’t think he did, but it feels that way). Oh, is Ben Agent Benson? Cole is soo sweet. I’m getting this brotherly/friendly vibe from him. As for Rhoan, will he ever just get on with it and fully commit to Liander? I mean, I know he loves the guy, but what is he so scared of. I know he mentioned it in “Dangerous Games”, but still don’t get what the problem is. I love Riley and Rhoan’s sibling relationship and they are such a hoot at times. Yay!! For Riley for showing that she is no push over like before. Talk about showing what you are made of. Not really liking Blake and Patrin, but Kye on the other hand, I don’t know. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Dani
July 12th, 2008, 08:33 PM
ROFL! That's the exact reason why I asked you (in the other thread) to tell me what you though of Kellen after you finished the book. I don't think that anyone liked Kellen after this book (even the diehard Kellen fans). I understand his position being an alpha, but that doesn't matter. He didn't even try to run after her after she got attacked and went up on the roof after the guy. Quinn, however, would have been right up there with her and probably been there before her.

TessL1981
July 12th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Hmm...mmm *nods head in agreement*
That is sooo true. I wonder if he was scared to try to protect her or scared that he might get his butt kicked which then Riley would have to go and rescue him. But Kellen confuses me sometimes. So, I have mixed feelings about his character. One minute I like him the next I don't know.

hollie
July 13th, 2008, 07:24 AM
I never liked him don't know why I usually like the alpha's but not this time but then again I always liked Quinn I think he's good for her and will support her whaterver she decides to do

sabby07
July 13th, 2008, 12:56 PM
I have always been a Quinn fan, hopefully he will be one of the men Riley keeps.Bouncy Icon Smilie

Dani
July 13th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Somewhere we've had this discussion on Quinn being one of the three that Dia talks about. LOL! :biggrin:

I have always loved Quinn and knew he'd be one of the three. There's no other man in these stories that I get excited about than Quinn (well, I love Rhoan and Liander too). :wub:

Kellen has always gotten under my skin and there's always been something that has irked me about him. I've never really liked him at all. The only time that I liked him was when he and Riley met for the first time. Of course I've discussed this before too. LOL!

TessL1981
July 13th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Kellen has always gotten under my skin and there's always been something that has irked me about him. I've never really liked him at all. The only time that I liked him was when he and Riley met for the first time. Of course I've discussed this before too. LOL!

I like that part too. I think I lost interest in him after "Dangerous Games" or maybe it was in "Embraced by Darkness" somewhere. Can't remember. He just seemed to have changed too much.

Dani
July 13th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Well, if I remember what Keri said correctly we probably won't see Kellen again and if we do, it will be in a friend type of way.